BlackRack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BlackRack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BlackRack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BlackRack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BlackRack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BlackRack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BlackRack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BlackRack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BlackRack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BlackRack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BlackRack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question More bodyweight = harder pull ups ?

Hello, i have a question. I train classic fullbody training 4x per week. I have bodyweight dips and pull-ups in my routine. Im bulking, so i gained some muscle mass and some fat (not many) for the time im bulking. I have no problem with regeneration or progressive overload, im getting stronger too (not too fast, but slowly) even with bodyweight dips, im doing like 1-2 rep more every week. Problem is with pull-ups. Im still at the same number, cant do more than 7 bodyweight pull-ups, sometimes i cant even do those 7 and do like 5-6.

My question is -> could it be because of bulking, so the reason for that is that i have more weight, or what could be wrong ? As i said, for dips (bodyweight too) im progressing even with gaining weight, but not pull-ups. Thanks

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It can be. How fast are you gaining weight?

In theory you should gain enough muscle to offset the extra weight. People I've seen who are great at pullups are not always the lightest people... however gaining muscle anywhere but your lats and biceps is not going to help much - and of course gaining fat doesn't help at all.

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you weigh more then you'll need to be stronger to pull your additional weight up, so pull-ups may lag. But not necessarily. A lot of people don't train their back enough. Make sure you are also doing rows, deadlifts or RDLs, lat pull downs, etc. I've also found that frequency helps. If you're only doing pull-ups once a week then up that to 2-3x. Finally, check your form. You should be pulling towards your upper chest, not in a straight vertical path just to get your chin over the bar.

air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Unless you're making massive leg gains, you're prob bulking too quickly if your pullup reps are decreasing. Also, if you're not doing this already, put pullups as the first exercise on one of your fb days and see if you're able to progress on that day over time.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I found it helpful to do pullups frequently, I had my DIY plumbing pipe/flange pullup bar in my garage between rafters and before/after driving I would always do a set.
    It also helps to be very lightweight yet have a good dumbbell row and barbell curl.

broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    You should be pulling towards your upper chest, not in a straight vertical path just to get your chin over the bar.
    Great form tip. Another one that has helped me is to do a pull-up like you are trying to put your hands in your pockets. Sounds weird, but it makes sense while you are doing them and you can feel the lat engagement.

Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You might be pulling with more range of motion since you are getting stronger, which makes it more difficult.
    ☆☆☆USA �яєω☆☆☆

Not Casca Berserk. Casca The Eternal Warrior

No period....eternal

☆☆☆Perfectly Imperfect �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆What is the point of doing a bunch of reps if every rep you do is CRAP? �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆SuperStraight �яєω☆☆☆

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It could be,your basically adding weight to your pull ups and bodyweight is challenging as is.
    You should analyze the program your doing for them and maybe try something different.
    Maybe the "fighter pull up plan" from strong first could be one to help you.
    Do a search.
    Practicing pull ups frequently can help doing sub maximal work like a couple good pull ups every time you pass the bar through out the day if you have a pull up bar at home.
    Good luck.

ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do you have a scale near your pull-up bar? Weigh yourself before your first set, write down your bodyweight, sets, and reps, and use those metrics to compare actual data.
    2020 maxes
    Squat 185
    Bench 137
    DL 205
    bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323