amz099 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Has anyone experienced this? Pics Added

Hi all,

I would love to get your advice on something that has really confused me the last few months. (Pics Below)

Back Story:

In Dec 2020 I was doing my normal weights routine, I didn't bang or hurt my wrist in any way but felt a slight discomfort in my left wrist shortly after my bench press. No sharp pain, so I carried on as normal and finished my routine.

A few days passed, and what you can see in the pictures is how my wrist started to look. E.g the bony bit on the ulnar side (left hand) started to stick out more than usual. The photos are random angles of the problem wrist from Dec to the present.

It wasn't really causing any day-to-day pain at all just sometimes if I lean on the sink for example I would feel some discomfort but nothing sharp or really painful.

About 3 weeks passed and it was limiting what I could do in the gym because I could no longer do bench press, lateral raises, or tricep pushdown without feeling discomfort, which meant I couldn't increase the weight on any of these exercises either because I didn't want to make things worse. (This is the main reason this issue is bothering me to be honest)

Things iv'e done so far:

1 - Video call to my doctors, they visually looked at my hand said take 3 weeks off from the gym and take some strong anti inflammatory tablets for a few weeks. I did this but it didn't really make much difference to the size etc.

2 - I then went doctors again, this time in person they did a hand examination and ultra sound to check surrounding tendons etc. The results came back as 'normal'.

3 - After this, I tried acupuncture and after only 2 sessions of this was the only thing that started to make a difference to the size and made it feel better. (I have had a few more sessions but it's now closed for a while due to lockdown) - Note, the acupuncture guy said it's muscular related to your arm rather than anything to do with your bone.

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this before, it's hard to the touch so it's not a cyst. Some days it seems more raised than others, but the reason it's stressing me out is because I am unable to propperly do the exercises I mentioned above.

It was never this lumpy or stuck out before, it all started in Dec and I just hope it gets back to normal like my other wrist is fine, I'm just really confused as to what could have caused this or what it is even.

Any help/advice would be hugely appreciated..
    Attached Images

Snaggn4s is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by amz099 View Post
    Hi all,

I would love to get your advice on something that has really confused me the last few months. (Pics Below)

Back Story:

In Dec 2020 I was doing my normal weights routine, I didn't bang or hurt my wrist in any way but felt a slight discomfort in my left wrist shortly after my bench press. No sharp pain, so I carried on as normal and finished my routine.

A few days passed, and what you can see in the pictures is how my wrist started to look. E.g the bony bit on the ulnar side (left hand) started to stick out more than usual. The photos are random angles of the problem wrist from Dec to the present.

It wasn't really causing any day-to-day pain at all just sometimes if I lean on the sink for example I would feel some discomfort but nothing sharp or really painful.

About 3 weeks passed and it was limiting what I could do in the gym because I could no longer do bench press, lateral raises, or tricep pushdown without feeling discomfort, which meant I couldn't increase the weight on any of these exercises either because I didn't want to make things worse. (This is the main reason this issue is bothering me to be honest)

Things iv'e done so far:

1 - Video call to my doctors, they visually looked at my hand said take 3 weeks off from the gym and take some strong anti inflammatory tablets for a few weeks. I did this but it didn't really make much difference to the size etc.

2 - I then went doctors again, this time in person they did a hand examination and ultra sound to check surrounding tendons etc. The results came back as 'normal'.

3 - After this, I tried acupuncture and after only 2 sessions of this was the only thing that started to make a difference to the size and made it feel better. (I have had a few more sessions but it's now closed for a while due to lockdown) - Note, the acupuncture guy said it's muscular related to your arm rather than anything to do with your bone.

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this before, it's hard to the touch so it's not a cyst. Some days it seems more raised than others, but the reason it's stressing me out is because I am unable to propperly do the exercises I mentioned above.

It was never this lumpy or stuck out before, it all started in Dec and I just hope it gets back to normal like my other wrist is fine, I'm just really confused as to what could have caused this or what it is even.

Any help/advice would be hugely appreciated..
    my left wrist does this but my right doesn't. If it doesn't cause pain, don't worry about it.
    Being short sucks but you gotta deal with it.

amz099 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Snaggn4s View Post
    my left wrist does this but my right doesn't. If it doesn't cause pain, don't worry about it.
    Thanks for the reply. Has this always been the case with your left wrist, or did it also happen suddenly?