stonewench is on a distinguished road. (+10) stonewench is on a distinguished road. (+10) stonewench is on a distinguished road. (+10) stonewench is on a distinguished road. (+10) stonewench is on a distinguished road. (+10) stonewench is on a distinguished road. (+10) stonewench is on a distinguished road. (+10) stonewench is on a distinguished road. (+10) stonewench is on a distinguished road. (+10) stonewench is on a distinguished road. (+10) stonewench is on a distinguished road. (+10)

get a smart watch!

I used to never wear watches, but then the Apple Watch came out and my mum got me one to motivate me and it works. honestly so good!

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nah, I'm good

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I wore my wife's Apple Watch for a day and that was enough to tell me that I hate smartwatches. I like the Fitbit Charge 2 for tracking HR without all of the other crap, but even that isn't a necessity.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    My dad: Shall I buy a fitbit

Me: no

My dad: I bought a fitbit

Me: ...

My dad (later): I'm done with the fitbit, do you want to borrow it?

Me: no

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mom: Dad got a fitbit but he can't make it work.

Me: (reads instructions) It says that it syncs with the PC or phone app. You need to run it with the app.

Mom: We don't have any of that. Can you take it home to your computer, make it work and bring it back?

Me: .....
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    after watching a bunch of youtube vids on them, i'm terrified of the radiation.

did use a fitbit years back to monitor my sleep but it has been collecting dust for three years now.

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I credit the original Fitbit charge with helping me lose 40lbs in 6 months. The calorie counting, along with the app's food calorie logger helped me maintain a calorie deficit. The smart scale helped me stay motivated as well.

I was so appreciative, I ignored their terrible build quality, and kept buying replacements after multiple warranty replacements. I ended up with several Charge, Charge 2, and Charge 3, before I finally gave up on them.

I'm currently wearing a Garmin vivosmart4. The food calorie tracker requires a 3rd party app, that syncs with the Garmin app, very clunky compared to the fitbit app. But I'm not trying to lose weight anymore, so I don't' really need it. I do love the Garmin's ability to sense workouts and count reps, as imperfect as it is. Not sure how accurate the Garmin's vo2 max tracking it, but I thought that was a really cool metric to track. I have sleep apnea, and get insomnia from time to time, so I also like the sleep tracking, as it's a good way to decide if I need to adjust my cpap.

I want to add, I've always wore an analog watch, and continued to wear one alongside a tracker.

Registered User Lifts4longevity's Avatar
    Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ManwittaPlan View Post
    after watching a bunch of youtube vids on them, i'm terrified of the radiation.

did use a fitbit years back to monitor my sleep but it has been collecting dust for three years now.
    THIS!!!! My father bought an EMF/RF meter several years back and takes it nearly everywhere he goes. After borrowing it for a short time, I've become "enlightened" to the dangers of (even low level) radiation exposure on a continual basis. People have no clue as to the health risks and just how much (and where/when) you're exposed to it. Especially bad for children and house pets due to their skulls being so much thinner than grown adults (they're usually the ones playing on the floor or sitting in your lap as you browse the introwebs or watch TV....next to the Wifi router).

Cordless house phones, Smart watches/phones/TVs/etc, ANYTHING bluetooth or Wifi, baby monitors, computers/laptops, and so much more are excellent sources of this. It ain't just microwaves, cell towers disguised as palm trees, and the 3-phase welders I used at work that pose a danger (as I once foolishly believed). It's actually pretty easy to greatly lessen your exposure on a daily basis, but most won't make the effort. Society as a whole is too attached to technology and convenience at this point.
    ***Everybody pities the weak....but jealousy, you have to earn!***

Cancer free since 2006, but fighting the battle daily

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Lifts4longevity View Post
    THIS!!!! My father bought an EMF/RF meter several years back and takes it nearly everywhere he goes. After borrowing it for a short time, I've become "enlightened" to the dangers of (even low level) radiation exposure on a continual basis. People have no clue as to the health risks and just how much (and where/when) you're exposed to it. Especially bad for children and house pets due to their skulls being so much thinner than grown adults (they're usually the ones playing on the floor or sitting in your lap as you browse the introwebs or watch TV....next to the Wifi router).

Cordless house phones, Smart watches/phones/TVs/etc, ANYTHING bluetooth or Wifi, baby monitors, computers/laptops, and so much more are excellent sources of this. It ain't just microwaves, cell towers disguised as palm trees, and the 3-phase welders I used at work that pose a danger (as I once foolishly believed). It's actually pretty easy to greatly lessen your exposure on a daily basis, but most won't make the effort. Society as a whole is too attached to technology and convenience at this point.
    I LOLed. Don’t forget the corona-causing 5G, and them microchipped vaccines.

Anyway, given the OP I’m not really sure what the topic is here, but I’m happy with my Apple Watch as an extra tool. I enjoy having that view of my heart rate, and the ability to call for help if I break an ankle on a run. But it’s certainly not got the same primacy in my fitness gear as, say, a power rack, or even a tricep rope...
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113

Registered User Lifts4longevity's Avatar
    Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Corbets View Post
    I LOLed. Don’t forget the corona-causing 5G, and them microchipped vaccines.

Anyway, given the OP I’m not really sure what the topic is here, but I’m happy with my Apple Watch as an extra tool. I enjoy having that view of my heart rate, and the ability to call for help if I break an ankle on a run. But it’s certainly not got the same primacy in my fitness gear as, say, a power rack, or even a tricep rope...
    At least someone's getting a good laugh off my crazy notions.
    ***Everybody pities the weak....but jealousy, you have to earn!***

Cancer free since 2006, but fighting the battle daily

QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I can be a bit of a data nerd so have always enjoyed comparing various stats to see what makes what differences and why (currently enamored with how much of a difference CO2 levels make during workouts and other stuff). I've kind of always hated wearing stuff though (like a wedding ring, watch, HRM etc.) so Fitbit & Garmin stuff tended to not get worn except when I really wanted data. I'm on my 2nd Apple Watch and am pretty happy. Still not necessarily a fan of wearing it but I do. Some of the apps and alerts are useful and handy to have available when I don't have my phone.

I also get $30/mo from my insurance co (BCBS) for hitting some metrics on it (though I'd prefer if they'd just say keep your cholesterol below 200 or something).

Now my doc wants me to wear it (I'm old) for both Afib alerts and for general tracking of heart/health metrics over time.

And I've now happily converted to an Apple Ecosystem (MacBooks, iMacs, mac pros, phone, watch, Apple TV's) that all works quite well together.

And yeah, the little rings and 'time to stand' things can actually kind of work from a motivation standpoint.

sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by QDubs View Post

Now my doc wants me to wear it (I'm old)
    Old? At 51? If that's your correct age, you are not "old".