Divith is on a distinguished road. (+10)

New here: Help with my weight loss!

Hi guys, I'm new here.
    I'm 22, male, from Italy.
    In recent years I have suffered from depression, ending up gaining weight considerably, especially for my modest height (170cm - 5' 6") ending up reaching 110kg (243 lbs). This year I was able to recover, by adjusting my diet In two/tree weeks I have lost 5kg (11 lbs), my goal is to reach a respectable weight for my height, as a young man I trained regularly and I still have a lot of lean mass left, so I aim to reach 80-85kg (180-190 lb) clean, do you think this is a reasonable and achievable goal?
    Should I worry about excess skin or anything?
    Tell me yours!

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I wish you success. No, you should not worry about excess skin. You should worry about your unhealthy weight. If you have excess skin after your weight loss, I wouldn't expect it to be a major issue, as you are still young and your skin elasticity should be pretty good.

I do not want to discourage you, but at 5'6" and 180 pounds, you'll still be at least 20 pounds overweight. You simply do not have as much muscle as you seem to think - especially after years of overeating and no weight lifting.

I HIGHLY suggest you begin lifting now to preserve any muscle you might have and even to possibly add a little muscle while you lose fat. If you don't lift, you're body will lose even MORE muscle, resulting in you needing to lose even MORE weight to get even fairly lean.

Go to the Losing Fat section of these forums and read the posts at the top of the page titled STICKY.
    Last edited by CommitmentRulz; 02-17-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    I wish you success. No, you should not worry about excess skin. You should worry about your unhealthy weight. If you have excess skin after your weight loss, I wouldn't expect it to be a major issue, as you are still young and your skin elasticity should be pretty good.

I do not want to discourage you, but at 5'6" and 180 pounds, you'll still be at least 20 pounds overweight. You simply do not have as much muscle as you seem to think - especially after years of overeating and no weight lifting.

I HIGHLY suggest you begin lifting now to preserve any muscle you might have and even to possibly add a little muscle while you lose fat. If you don't lift, you're body will lose even MORE muscle, resulting in you needing to lose even MORE weight to get even fairly lean.

Go to the Losing Fat section of these forums and read the posts at the top of the page titled STICKY.
    Thank you for your comment!
    I had a nutrition visit at the beginning of the year and according to the test I should have 67kg (147 lbs) of clean mass plus 3.5kg (7 lbs) of bones, but I don't know if that's enough. However I am currently training 4 times a week with weights and elastic bands at home, trying to get back to old habits.

I will visit the Losing Fat secion, thanks for the suggestion!

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Divith View Post
    Thank you for your comment!
    I had a nutrition visit at the beginning of the year and according to the test I should have 67kg (147 lbs) of clean mass plus 3.5kg (7 lbs) of bones, but I don't know if that's enough. However I am currently training 4 times a week with weights and elastic bands at home, trying to get back to old habits.

I will visit the Losing Fat secion, thanks for the suggestion!
    how did you do the test? was it some kind of bf% scale? those are horribly inaccurate

Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Divith View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new here.
    I'm 22, male, from Italy.
    In recent years I have suffered from depression, ending up gaining weight considerably, especially for my modest height (170cm - 5' 6") ending up reaching 110kg (243 lbs). This year I was able to recover, by adjusting my diet In two/tree weeks I have lost 5kg (11 lbs), my goal is to reach a respectable weight for my height, as a young man I trained regularly and I still have a lot of lean mass left, so I aim to reach 80-85kg (180-190 lb) clean, do you think this is a reasonable and achievable goal?
    Should I worry about excess skin or anything?
    Tell me yours!
    Skin elasticity can be helped by losing weight slowly and controlled. It can still retract slightly over time also. Better to have loose skin than a heart attack though. Goodluck mate

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    how did you do the test? was it some kind of bf% scale? those are horribly inaccurate
    the nutritionist first weighed me and then took my measurements. Then he estimated my body composition with a caliper. I am no expert so I can't tell how much this can be far away from truth.

Originally Posted by Bohdizzle View Post
    Skin elasticity can be helped by losing weight slowly and controlled. It can still retract slightly over time also. Better to have loose skin than a heart attack though. Goodluck mate
    Thank you!

angelrona is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    大家都好專業