jam3a123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jam3a123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jam3a123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jam3a123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jam3a123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jam3a123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jam3a123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jam3a123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jam3a123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jam3a123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jam3a123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Fierce 5 intermediate UL/PPL Alternative

Hey all, i have been fond of the fierce 5 training method for a while now i started from the novice program and worked my way up to the intermediate upper-lower/push-pull-legs variation over the years.

to be honest i got sick of the program lately, mostly because of the low volume of sets and reps.

i want to train on a program that makes you feel the pump more, preferably a split program rather than an upper lowe, full-body or ppl, that also works each muscle group twice a week with an emphasis on arms because my arms are weaker than the rest of my body.

any suggestion is appreciated.

wickedsushi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wickedsushi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wickedsushi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wickedsushi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wickedsushi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wickedsushi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wickedsushi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wickedsushi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wickedsushi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wickedsushi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wickedsushi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jam3a123 View Post
    Hey all, i have been fond of the fierce 5 training method for a while now i started from the novice program and worked my way up to the intermediate upper-lower/push-pull-legs variation over the years.

to be honest i got sick of the program lately, mostly because of the low volume of sets and reps.

i want to train on a program that makes you feel the pump more, preferably a split program rather than an upper lowe, full-body or ppl, that also works each muscle group twice a week with an emphasis on arms because my arms are weaker than the rest of my body.

I do Upper / Lower + Arms (or more succinctly - Torso/Limbs) every other day (mon - wed - fri- sun - tues - thurs - sat etc....). Alternatively, you could run it mon - wed - fri (1.5x week frequency). If you're determined to hit 2x week frequency, you could do mon - wed - fri - sat or mon - tues - thurs - fri, but you're going to have to be mindful of recovery and how much volume you're hitting your upper body with.

If we look at the suggested every other day schedule:

Monday -- Upper - biceps and triceps get hit indirectly via presses, rows, pull ups etc.
    Wednesday-- Lower + Arms - arms are still fresh after you've hit your legs.
    Friday -- Upper.

Arms are getting ~48 recovery between each workout. If you're wanting to give arms additional attention, it's one of the few set ups that work without you being in the gym 5-6 days a week. One thing I definitely recommend - do NOT do torso the day after limbs! I had to last week due to constraints in my schedule, knowing it was a crap idea. Interestingly, my pull exercises were fine, but my presses were compromised due to the previous day's tricep work. At least the experiment confirmed what I already knew...

It's an often overlooked set up, but if i) you want to give arms extra focus, ii) you want a flexible schedule and iii) you don't want to be in the gym 5-6 days / week, it's worth a look.

Alternatively, given you were already going 5x week on the Fierce 5 ... you say you want something that gives you a pump and you want that extra work for the arms. If the above doesn't spin your wheels, I'd recommend Layne Norton's PHAT. As much as I enjoy what I do now, PHAT training is a beast of a routine which will give you one hell of a pump - and no shortage of arm volume.

leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There aren’t enough days in the week for what you’re looking for. If you want to do a body part split, frequency is always going to take a hit. You aren’t going to get many, if any, recommendations on such programming here, but with your training experience you can figure out how many sets you need per muscle group and allocate it accordingly to each day with appropriate exercise selection. Maybe whip something up yourself and get feedback on it.

Otherwise, check out Vikings UL/PPL if more volume is what you’re after.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The only way to do what you suggest is with double sessions/ "two-a-days"

Sounds like a bit of a cack idea If you don't already know what you need and how to do it..
    99.9% means you're not ready for it.

If you 'need a pump' just do more reps.?!

Or better still do 1 light backoff set to around failure with a slow tempo afterwards. It will mess your recovery up much less than writing some frankenstein setup.
    FMH crew - Couch.
    Washed up meathead

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jam3a123 View Post

Just add sets and reps

air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by cmacken View Post
    Just add sets and reps
    And a couple extra isos so you can feel the pump!

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I do a modified PPL and hit biceps directly 3x a week and triceps twice a week.

The split you do is simply a way to organize your training to ensure progress and proper recovery.

If arms are your weak point, literally just do more arms.

Do them 3-4x a week for a variety of rep ranges. They’re a little muscle and recover quickly.

tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Fierce 5 lu/lpp is already a fairly pumpy program.
    Maybe try adding a drop set here and there. Might crave your urge

F5 LPP with a drop set on the last isolation exercise?
    531 Workout Journal https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179104531&page=1

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tommy4life View Post
    Fierce 5 lu/lpp is already a fairly pumpy program.
    Maybe try adding a drop set here and there. Might crave your urge

F5 LPP with a drop set on the last isolation exercise?
    That was my rec too!
    I 100% agree
    FMH crew - Couch.
    Washed up meathead