Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by illah View Post
    So old games, ok gotcha.
    One of the next games on my backlog, Ghost of Sushi, a year old with a nice free PS5 patch. If that is old for you then I guess you laugh at the though of playing a game like Skyrim with this sweet new Xbox backwards compatibility upgrade. My point exactly

Originally Posted by OptimusTrajan View Post
    If buying an Xbox wasn't completely worthless (as I have a PC hooked up to my TV), I'd buy a Series X. Console is aesthetic, powerful, and convenient.
    I wonder if MS released a really high end $2-3k Xbox if it would chip away at PC gaming at all. It would be a better value for sure, and provide nice easy usability, but I feel so many PC gamers are too stuck in their "Muh PC Masta Race" to even look at the option with an open mind.

illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mgftp View Post
    One of the next games on my backlog, Ghost of Sushi, a year old with a nice free PS5 patch. If that is old for you then I guess you laugh at the though of playing a game like Skyrim with this sweet new Xbox backwards compatibility upgrade. My point exactly
    An old game's an old game. You always make fun of people when they get excited for last gen games, yet you play them yourself. Lmfao

And yes, I laugh at that thought. I've played all of those games either on previous consoles or on PC.

I wonder if MS released a really high end $2-3k Xbox if it would chip away at PC gaming at all. It would be a better value for sure, and provide nice easy usability, but I feel so many PC gamers are too stuck in their "Muh PC Masta Race" to even look at the option with an open mind.
    How exactly would that be better value? Considering you can only play xbox games and nothing else. There's a reason why MS and Sony isn't doing that: nobody would buy it.

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    An old game's an old game. You always make fun of people when they get excited for last gen games, yet you play them yourself. Lmfao

And yes, I laugh at that thought. I've played all of those games either on previous consoles or on PC.

How exactly would that be better value? Considering you can only play xbox games and nothing else.
    You don't see a difference between a 1 year old game and a 10 year old game? Interesting.

Value per hardware specs.

illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Value per hardware specs.
    Elaborate. $3k already gets you a 3080 with a top of the line cpu, 32gb of ram and lightning fast storage that is able to run anything easily, even in this current hardware climate. What more do you want? Pay to get the same hardware and be able to do much less with it? Yeah, that sounds like a great deal.

Elaborate. $3k already gets you a 3080 with a top of the line cpu, 32gb of ram and lightning fast storage that is able to run anything easily, even in this current hardware climate. What more do you want? Pay to get the same hardware and be able to do much less with it? Yeah, that sounds like a great deal.
    Can you build a PC equivalent to a Series X for the same price?

Can you build a PC equivalent to a Series X for the same price?
    For about $300 more, yes. This is considering we are in the middle of a chip crisis. You think somebody that is willing to spend 3k on a mega xbox will care about spending $300 more? No, and that is why this will never happen.

And if you're gonna mention the benefit of ease of use: I know you don't realize this, but you can set up a PC to behave exactly like an xbox, frontend and all, from the moment you boot it. So there goes that point.

Cheers

For about $300 more, yes. This is considering we are in the middle of a chip crisis. You think somebody that is willing to spend 3k on a mega xbox will care about spending $300 more? No, and that is why this will never happen.

And if you're gonna mention the benefit of ease of use: I know you don't realize this, but you can set up a PC to behave exactly like an xbox, frontend and all, from the moment you boot it. So there goes that point.

Cheers
    People don't care about $300? Interesting.

Not to mention I am sure that difference would scale somewhat with the increased hardware cost.

blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by shyheimz View Post
    I know I'm happy I can play Prey 4k 60 FPS
    Couldn't do it on my (now) midrange PC.

Same with Fallout 4.
    A mid-range PC 5 years ago could run those games @ 4K 60fps

Your PC isn't mid-range or you don't know what you're doing
    *Tolerance is the lube that slides the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of civilized society*

*We didn't deserve snailsrus*

As always: not medical advice but medical opinion crew

People don't care about $300? Interesting.

Not to mention I am sure that difference would scale somewhat with the increased hardware cost.
    People that are willing to shell out $3k, no.

Yeah, it will scale, but I'm sure you know that consoles are sold at a loss. That's why there is a price gap in the first place. If you think that a $3000 console will be sold at the same amount of loss (if any at all) then I don't know what to tell you.

Picture this: that $300 price gap will be zero in a year, and in two years current consoles are blown away spec-wise by a PC at the same cost. Now imagine this scenario will be amplified with a $3000 console, and you can't even upgrade it. Yikes.

People that are willing to shell out $3k, no.

Yeah, it will scale, but I'm sure you know that consoles are sold at a loss. That's why there is a price gap in the first place. If you think that a $3000 console will be sold at the same amount of loss (if any at all) then I don't know what to tell you.

Picture this: that $300 price gap will be zero in a year, and in two years current consoles are blown away spec-wise by a PC at the same cost. Now imagine this scenario will be amplified with a $3000 console, and you can't even upgrade it. Yikes.
    I'll disagree. I believe most people care about spending 75% more, and if anything more so as the price tag gets higher, not less.

I'll disagree. I believe most people care about spending 75% more, and if anything more so as the price tag gets higher, not less.
    It obviously won't be 75% with a $3k console, lol. The price gap might not even be there. As I said, do you really think Sony can afford to sell a 3k console at a loss? Strong financial sense

It obviously won't be 75% with a $3k console, lol. The price gap might not even be there. As I said, do you really think Sony can afford to sell a 3k console at a loss? Strong financial sense
    Ok? I don't believe most people want to overpay, at all, even 10% at those price points. Again, I said better value. Series S and Series X are better values than equivalent PC and I would assume a hypothetical Series X Super would be as well.

Ok? I don't believe most people want to overpay, at all, even 10% at those price points. Again, I said better value. Series S and Series X are better values than equivalent PC and I would assume a hypothetical Series X Super would be as well.
    Except they're not overpaying for the PC. They're choosing between an overpriced console that can only do one thing, vs. a PC that can do that same thing and a lot more, so who in their right mind would buy that? It's not really comparable to a low spec PC where graphics may look a bit worse for the first year compared to a console at an equal price. At a higher price point, that edge is lost.

BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

How exactly would that be better value? Considering you can only play xbox games and nothing else. There's a reason why MS and Sony isn't doing that: nobody would buy it.
    Aren't you one of the guys who always brags about getting old Sony exclusive now coming to PC? Weird that you're all on mgftp's chit for playing a current gen game but brag about all the legit old Sony exclusives coming to PC.
    ***Mariah Carey is my 10/10 Crew***
    ***Misc Dads Crew***

Except they're not overpaying for the PC. They're choosing between an overpriced console that can only do one thing, vs. a PC that can do that same thing and a lot more, so who in their right mind would buy that? It's not really comparable to a low spec PC where graphics may look a bit worse for the first year compared to a console at an equal price. At a higher price point, that edge is lost.
    What? LoL. Clearly not every consumer cares about "lot more" a PC can do, some in fact care more about the offerings of a console, hence why consoles are a thing and are the choice over PCs for those consumers, especially on the Xbox side.

Originally Posted by BearyManilowe View Post
    Aren't you one of the guys who always brags about getting old Sony exclusive now coming to PC? Weird that you're all on mgftp's chit for playing a current gen game but brag about all the legit old Sony exclusives coming to PC.
    Not me, sorry. I'm not in any camp.

What? LoL. Clearly not every consumer cares about "lot more" a PC can do, some in fact care more about the offerings of a console, hence why consoles are a thing and are the choice over PCs for those consumers, especially on the Xbox side.
    No dumdum, consoles are a thing because they're cheap. Make a $2000 - $3000 console and that benefit goes right out the window. MS knows it, Sony knows it. That's why they're selling their consoles at a loss and that's why your chitty idea will never materialize.

No dumdum, consoles are a thing because they're cheap. Make a $2000 - $3000 console and that benefit goes right out the window. MS knows it, Sony knows it. That's why they're selling their consoles at a loss and that's why your chitty idea will never materialize.
    Ok, so you believe people don't care about $300, 1 year old game is as old as a 10 year old game, and the only appeal of consoles in their cost. Top tier intelligence. Thanks for sharing.

Ok, so you believe people don't care about $300, 1 year old game is as old as a 10 year old game, and the only appeal of consoles in their cost. Top tier intelligence. Thanks for sharing.
    Ok, so you don't believe in context. Top tier intelligence. Thanks for sharing.

Ok, so you don't believe in context. Top tier intelligence. Thanks for sharing.
    What? Context in which you said those things doesn't them any less silly. JMO. Did I really need to restart the whole conversation? LoL

What? Context in which you said those things doesn't them any less silly. JMO. Did I really need to restart the whole conversation? LoL
    Look, if you think I'm wrong (and I know you don't think that, we know about your posting habits and I'm just entertaining you) then you should contact MS and Sony and tell them you have an untapped goldmine waiting for them.

Lol

Look, if you think I'm wrong (and I know you don't think that, we know about your posting habits and I'm just entertaining you) then you should contact MS and Sony and tell them you have an untapped goldmine waiting for them.

Lol
    Yes, I think you are wrong, that's exactly what I said. Very good.

Yes, I think you are wrong, that's exactly what I said. Very good.
    No, you don't. You're a troll, not an idiot.

I hope.

No, you don't. You're a troll, not an idiot.

I hope.
    So you are telling me I don't think you are wrong? LoL, ok.

ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    new games added. what was 30 is now 60, what was 60 is now 120fps. let's not turn this into a console war thread please.

-Mirrors Edge Catalyst
    -Titanfall 1 and 2
    -Unravel 2
    -Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2
    -Plants vs Zombies
    -Sea of Solitude
    -Battlefield1,4, and V
    -Engineering Crew
    -Self Improvement Crew
    -Third Position Crew
    -Keith Woods Crew
    -Consolecel Crew
    -Dr. Edward Dutton Crew

Originally Posted by ScramFranklin View Post
    new games added. what was 30 is now 60, what was 60 is now 120fps. let's not turn this into a console war thread please.

-Mirrors Edge Catalyst
    -Titanfall 1 and 2
    -Unravel 2
    -Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2
    -Plants vs Zombies
    -Sea of Solitude
    -Battlefield1,4, and V
    Nintendo sucks, Sega is the best *******.

ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nintendo sucks, Sega is the best *******.
    lol. the days of old.
    -Engineering Crew
    -Self Improvement Crew
    -Third Position Crew
    -Keith Woods Crew
    -Consolecel Crew
    -Dr. Edward Dutton Crew

74 game added. wow.

https://majornelson.com/fpsboost/
    -Engineering Crew
    -Self Improvement Crew
    -Third Position Crew
    -Keith Woods Crew
    -Consolecel Crew
    -Dr. Edward Dutton Crew

Merc009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Merc009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Merc009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Merc009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Merc009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Merc009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Merc009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Merc009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Merc009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Merc009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Merc009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Meanwhile sony charging $70 for returnal

Just lol @ ps5. Only reason I have this chit is for god of war
    -Some people say good things come to those who wait, truth is, good things come to those who work..... who work later.....who work harder...... who are willing to go further than anyone else to get them. If you're waiting for good things to come to you, you'll be waiting for a pretty long time.

-I'd rather live life saying "I failed" than "I could have"

Originally Posted by ScramFranklin View Post
    MS killing backwards compatibility. BFV now free for PS but no 120hz like Xbox.

Originally Posted by Merc009 View Post
    Meanwhile sony charging $70 for returnal

Just lol @ ps5. Only reason I have this chit is for god of war
    You bought a system for 1 game that doesn't even have a release date? lmfao