TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Quick Calorie Intake Increase Question

I have been focusing on dropping a lot of weight recently. About 25Kgs in around 14 or so weeks. By sticking to around 1500 calories a day. Sometimes its less sometimes its a touch more. But ultimately my diet plan is very sustainable for me. Doing Cardio on and off.

I know this isn't necessarily healthy, but I guess I miscalculated how many calories I needed to drop 2Kgs a month. I had intended to play the slow game. I hope I have less than 10Kgs left to go, because I want to get on with building some muscle. My plan is to get to my abs and then build back up, keeping track of my abs to know when my calorie intake is getting to high. A full body recomp I suppose.

The question is, when I start adding in calories. Is it best to dump in a lot at once, like jump from 1500 to 2500 and "shock" the body?
    Or should it be a more gradual increase to perhaps 2000 calories for a while, then 2500 then start creeping up towards 3000 if I still retain my abs?

I would like to avoid a sudden jump in body fat.

I am currently 70Kgs. With just a hint of the split between the left and right side of my abs. No clear ab definition at all.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you stay under maintenance, you won't gain fat. Although your weight might jump around a lot because of sudden water weight changes.

If you know you are losing weight too fast, you should slow it down... if you lose muscle (which you probably have been doing) then that is counterproductive to your eventual goals

TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TooSpecial has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    If you stay under maintenance, you won't gain fat. Although your weight might jump around a lot because of sudden water weight changes.

If you know you are losing weight too fast, you should slow it down... if you lose muscle (which you probably have been doing) then that is counterproductive to your eventual goals
    I have lost a little muscle. Mostly chest. But I'm ok with it for now. I needed to fix some imbalances anyway.

Any thoughts on simply jumping right up to 2500 or 3000 calories in one go vs slowly working my way up?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by TooSpecial View Post
    I have lost a little muscle. Mostly chest. But I'm ok with it for now. I needed to fix some imbalances anyway.

Any thoughts on simply jumping right up to 2500 or 3000 calories in one go vs slowly working my way up?
    I don't recommend it... but it's your choice.

It doesn't matter as long you don't go way over your maintenance. Are you sure that you need 3000 calories? Have you calculated your TDEE?

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I don't recommend it... but it's your choice.

It doesn't matter as long you don't go way over your maintenance. Are you sure that you need 3000 calories? Have you calculated your TDEE?
    Jut using it as an example as a big jump instead of incremental.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Jut using it as an example as a big jump instead of incremental.
    Your body doesn't like big, quick changes in almost anything so better to raise gradually
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
    -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have been focusing on dropping a lot of weight recently. About 25Kgs in around 14 or so weeks. By sticking to around 1500 calories a day. Sometimes its less sometimes its a touch more. But ultimately my diet plan is very sustainable for me. Doing Cardio on and off.

I know this isn't necessarily healthy, but I guess I miscalculated how many calories I needed to drop 2Kgs a month. I had intended to play the slow game. I hope I have less than 10Kgs left to go, because I want to get on with building some muscle. My plan is to get to my abs and then build back up, keeping track of my abs to know when my calorie intake is getting to high. A full body recomp I suppose.

The question is, when I start adding in calories. Is it best to dump in a lot at once, like jump from 1500 to 2500 and "shock" the body?
    Or should it be a more gradual increase to perhaps 2000 calories for a while, then 2500 then start creeping up towards 3000 if I still retain my abs?

I would like to avoid a sudden jump in body fat.

I am currently 70Kgs. With just a hint of the split between the left and right side of my abs. No clear ab definition at all.
    "shocking" your body isn't a good thing in this context.

Your NEAT has likely decreased significantly due to the diet and even your baseline metabolism may have been down-regulated a bit.

I would recommend instead increasing up to estimated maintenance (using your current rate of loss as an indicator) for 2 weeks, and then adding about 200-300 calories to that AFTER you let your weight stabilize.

You will likely gain some water + glycogen weight in those first 2 weeks, which you should disregard in terms of your actual tissue weight, and use the weight you're at after the 2 weeks at maintenance as your new gaining start weight.
    The power of carbs compels me!