njbrah1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry Need help I’m suffering (srs)

So I have been working out for 3 years, and I can’t gain sht when it comes to muscle. In my pfp I was 185 at 5’11. Now I’m 165 6’1.

This past 6 months I lost all my gains even though I’m eating like 3400 cals. Idk what I’m doing wrong.

Btw i was 185 when I was 15. I’m currently 16 rn.

I’m pissed off seeing other dudes my age working out for a couple months and blowing my Holocaust physique out the water.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So you lost weight but got taller and wonder why you look skinny?

Seems like eating more and having more patience is what you need, it takes time to add muscle mass, and you need to gain weight for that as well.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Weighing/measuring food? Tracking calories/macros? Tracking your lifts and making sure you're engaging in progressive overload?

Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by njbrah1 View Post
    So I have been working out for 3 years, and I can’t gain sht when it comes to muscle. In my pfp I was 185 at 5’11. Now I’m 165 6’1.

This past 6 months I lost all my gains even though I’m eating like 3400 cals. Idk what I’m doing wrong.

Btw i was 185 when I was 15. I’m currently 16 rn.

I’m pissed off seeing other dudes my age working out for a couple months and blowing my Holocaust physique out the water.
    You're still young mate, different people start producing more test at different ages, I wouldn't bother comparing yourself to anyone at that age. Mass looks thicker on shorter frames, you went from manlet to fully fledged god tier status height so therefore you look smaller when infact you are probably not at all.

I'm gonna say it... whatever you do, the answer is not steroids at 16 - Unless you want to be 22 with 50ng/dL of test ofcourse.. (I know you didn't mention this but i'm sure its in the back of your mind)

Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    Weighing/measuring food? Tracking calories/macros? Tracking your lifts and making sure you're engaging in progressive overload?
    Yeah I use a food scale on every meal that I need to measure as well as using MFP.

Also, I do progressive overload. I try to add 2 reps to each iso lift per week, and add 5 lbs to compounds but I seem to have been at a plateau for months now.
    I do PPL but as of recently training has been really inconsistent with being in school. I maybe workout 4 days a week and feel lethargic while doing so.

Originally Posted by Bohdizzle View Post
    You're still young mate, different people start producing more test at different ages, I wouldn't bother comparing yourself to anyone at that age. Mass looks thicker on shorter frames, you went from manlet to fully fledged god tier status height so therefore you look smaller when infact you are probably not at all.

I'm gonna say it... whatever you do, the answer is not steroids at 16 - Unless you want to be 22 with 50ng/dL of test ofcourse.. (I know you didn't mention this but i'm sure its in the back of your mind)
    Yeah, I have thought about taking steroids but I kinda just am going to wait it out and maybe dip my toes in it when I'm 21+.
    I feel like I am just at the tip of the ice berg when it comes to puberty.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You're 16. This appears to be a situation where you believe you should be at a higher level than what is naturally possible (for your age). Focus less on where you could be, and more on being happy with where you are.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    You're 16. This appears to be a situation where you believe you should be at a higher level than what is naturally possible (for your age). Focus less on where you could be, and more on being happy with where you are.
    I mean I saw this dude in my grade, same age. He is 6'3 205lbs and looks huge, at a decently low bodyfat (13-14 ish). I asked him how long he has been lifting for and he said a little over a year. I was soo pissed

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by njbrah1 View Post
    I mean I saw this dude in my grade, same age. He is 6'3 205lbs and looks huge, at a decently low bodyfat (13-14 ish). I asked him how long he has been lifting for and he said a little over a year. I was soo pissed
    Ok.. and? There will always be someone bigger and more shredded than yourself. That's a life-lesson brother. Assess yourself on where you were a year ago, or a month ago, and not on someone else's life. As someone who's been around this lifestyle for a while now I can confidently say that if you focus on achieving a perceived "look" that is out of your reach at this point in life, you will negatively impact your mental health and possibly physical health. Other person's genetics =/= your genetics. The best thing you can do is keep working hard nailing diet and nutrition and not resort to unhealthy (mental and physical) practices.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners