xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Deadlift form check

Can I get some tips on how to improve my form? 105kg x 4 reps (this is the 5th set with the same weight, AMRAP, so I'm at my most fatigued). I've got long legs in comparison to my torso, looks a bit awkward (but doesn't feel that way). I feel the lower back muscles up to my traps after completing a set, but not my hamstrings.

I'm also incorporating romanian deadlifts at the end of the workout to finish off the session - light weight (40kg) for 15 reps x 3 sets. Am I doing them right?

Thanks - oh and I'm doing the GZCLP program.
    "Get up, and don't ever give up".

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nothing glaringly bad but you don't need to extend so far at the top. You're essentially doing a small deficit deadlift with the diameter of plates you're using.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Agree you don’t need to lean so far back on the DL.

RDL looks rushed and not fully locking out hips. Also looks like you’re focusing on leaning forward to lower the weight rather than moving hips back, but go by how it feels.

xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Nothing glaringly bad but you don't need to extend so far at the top. You're essentially doing a small deficit deadlift with the diameter of plates you're using.
    Yeah I forgot to mention that. It's not too small from regular plates in terms of size - I measured 19cm off the ground using the wooden planks.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Agree you don’t need to lean so far back on the DL.

RDL looks rushed and not fully locking out hips. Also looks like you’re focusing on leaning forward to lower the weight rather than moving hips back, but go by how it feels.
    You're right that's what my mental cue is...I lean forward until I feel the stretch in my hamstring. I'll try to switch to a "hips back" cue and see if it helps. With a higher weight perhaps that will help make it more controlled.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think you could get your knees a bit more forward to get some quad pop off the floor on the conventional.
    That's all that's missing really
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I commend you for having the ability to take a video, put it on Youtube, and imbed the link into your post. Other than that, I have no comment on your form.

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    I think you could get your knees a bit more forward to get some quad pop off the floor on the conventional.
    That's all that's missing really
    Thanks man - I'll try pointing my toes outwards and starting with my hips a little lower to get more leg drive.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I commend you for having the ability to take a video, put it on Youtube, and imbed the link into your post. Other than that, I have no comment on your form.
    I actually failed the first time round - I uploaded the video but it was set as "private"..so no one could actually see it lol.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by xuerebx View Post
    I actually failed the first time round - I uploaded the video but it was set as "private"..so no one could actually see it lol.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is probably not for you.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is probably not for you.
    Solid advice. That's why I told my wife I'm never skydiving, even though she did and loved it.