bobhollywood is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Sea Cucumber steroid action

A family member and diver co-worker of mine mentioned to me one day that he had heard that the sea cucumbers that we dive for are a natural steroid. I was already aware of both the cancer and HIV research they are involved in and was interested in their regen properties but this piqued my interest to research. I came across studies on google that steroid extract from sea cucumber was being researched due to its ability to change the sex of fish (to male). I also found some paper that crudely explained how to extract steroids and hormones from the cuke. I don't feel like building a lab, I am just concerned about the cukes efficacy as a natural muscle building steroid if I eat it. I have some questions, maybe someone that has figured this out OR a person that knows how the body metabolizes things can answer:

How much steroid % am I getting from eating it vs extracting it and intaking it in other ways?

Is eating sea cucumber especially beneficial to build muscle?

Would like to hear from someone who has this in their diet. I've consumed them here and there, but not part of a regular diet. If or when I do it, I'll document.

bobhollywood is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bobhollywood View Post
    A family member and diver co-worker of mine mentioned to me one day that he had heard that the sea cucumbers that we dive for are a natural steroid. I was already aware of both the cancer and HIV research they are involved in and was interested in their regen properties but this piqued my interest to research. I came across studies on google that steroid extract from sea cucumber was being researched due to its ability to change the sex of fish (to male). I also found some paper that crudely explained how to extract steroids and hormones from the cuke. I don't feel like building a lab, I am just concerned about the cukes efficacy as a natural muscle building steroid if I eat it. I have some questions, maybe someone that has figured this out OR a person that knows how the body metabolizes things can answer:

How much steroid % am I getting from eating it vs extracting it and intaking it in other ways?

Is eating sea cucumber especially beneficial to build muscle?

Would like to hear from someone who has this in their diet. I've consumed them here and there, but not part of a regular diet. If or when I do it, I'll document.
    worldwide popular bodybuilding forum and noone has tried this or has info? wth

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I suspect it's nonsense - but let's assume it's not and the hormones mimic human hormones like testosterone... that would exogenous use of anabolic substances. That is discussion not permitted on this forum - sorry.