Thread: vegan protein

davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100)

vegan protein

For a vegan lifestyle, many people recommend not using regular protein but using vegan protein. They also recommend them for the keto diet (which I haven't had the best experience with). It's called "clean protein". I try to take protein if I don't get enough with regular food. Have you ever tried it?

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "Regular Protein" as in milk-based protein powders? Well, of course vegans are not going to use a milk-based powdered food. I'm not sure what difference using a vegetable-based powder versus a milk-based powder, or any other source of protein would matter for keto. It's all just protein.

Don't fall for BS with the words "clean" in it. What does that even mean? It can mean anything thus it means nothing, but marketing is powerful.

IF you need help meeting your macro, pick a protein powder that fits your macros and budget and you like the taste. Outside of allergies or a dietary choice (eg. vegan) and whatnot, that's all you need to know to pick a protein powder.

Keto also isn't some magic diet. It's just a way of eating, my opinion aside, that can either put you in a caloric deficit to TDEE to lose weight, or a caloric surplus to gain, although, it's pretty hard to gain weight by near eliminating a macro. Are you epileptic from 1920s? If not, you don't need to eat like that.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by davgrav View Post
    For a vegan lifestyle, many people recommend not using regular protein but using vegan protein. They also recommend them for the keto diet (which I haven't had the best experience with). It's called "clean protein". I try to take protein if I don't get enough with regular food. Have you ever tried it?
    i've tried a few of the plant based

biggest difference you'll see is the amino acid profile, with plant based you have to use different sources for the deficiencies in order to bring it up in to a complete amino acid profile. most reputable brands do that for you by combining multiple sources, you can tell by looking at the ingredients label and then look at the amino acid breakdown which is usually on a chart.

whey has a complete AA profile, it's listed with pretty much every brand right on the label.

which one you go with is dependent on what your goals are. there was a study done on brown rice protein vs whey back in 2013 and it showed that even though brp is deficient in a few amino acids the results were the same for muscle building as the whey protein group.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3698202/

what the long term effects could be are never mentioned in the study because it was a total of 8 weeks long.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ManwittaPlan View Post
    which one you go with is dependent on what your goals are. there was a study done on brown rice protein vs whey back in 2013 and it showed that even though brp is deficient in a few amino acids the results were the same for muscle building as the whey protein group.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3698202/

what the long term effects could be are never mentioned in the study because it was a total of 8 weeks long.
    That's because we know that in the context of a high protein diet of varied sources, protein is protein. Because you're meeting your macro with different sources, you're ultimately getting all the aminos you need. Vegan powders can have a complete spectrum of aminos as well. That's where the blend of multiple plant sources is of value. But again, if the rest of your diet is varied, then it's not going to matter very much.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lucia316 View Post
    That's because we know that in the context of a high protein diet of varied sources, protein is protein. Because you're meeting your macro with different sources, you're ultimately getting all the aminos you need. Vegan powders can have a complete spectrum of aminos as well. That's where the blend of multiple plant sources is of value. But again, if the rest of your diet is varied, then it's not going to matter very much.
    very good

davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100)
    I am really thankful for all your replies! I was confused by the name "clean protein".