croftess is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Sternum pain for a year now

Hello, I'm hoping somebody here has experienced the same thing and might help me, as I'm pretty desperate by this point! Lots and lots of $ spent on PT, docs without any result

This occured prior to NO workout at all, I had been sedentary for a month at that point without any strenuous physical activity.

It's been a year now.

The weird thing is that I basically only feel the pain when I turn my head down. The more "force" I apply, the worse the pain is. Bonus points if I start pressing on the sternum - that pain gets even bigger.

In essence, I've found that I rarely experience pain if I'm really in a perfect upright position (and here even if I press with full force with my fingers on the sternum, there's no pain), but as soon as I slouch down even a little bit with my head or my neck, the pain appears.

I can do horizontal rows and pushups 90% of the time without any pain (I've started working out again just recently cause I'm honestly just tired of it and thought about giving it a try since it wasn't better or worse) and so far it doesn't seem like the exercises make a difference in terms of the pain.

I'd also like to point out that it's higher on the sternum, not really on the level of the nipples, but more in like the Manubrium area (when you see the anatomy).

I've had x-rays, Ultrasound, nothing came back at all. Doctors keep telling me it's costochondritis and to take anti-inflammatory pills, but when it's been a year already? I'd like to resolve this so I've hoped other fellows here might give me a hand.

Thank you so much for any insight!

Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by croftess View Post
    Hello, I'm hoping somebody here has experienced the same thing and might help me, as I'm pretty desperate by this point! Lots and lots of $ spent on PT, docs without any result

This occured prior to NO workout at all, I had been sedentary for a month at that point without any strenuous physical activity.

It's been a year now.

The weird thing is that I basically only feel the pain when I turn my head down. The more "force" I apply, the worse the pain is. Bonus points if I start pressing on the sternum - that pain gets even bigger.

In essence, I've found that I rarely experience pain if I'm really in a perfect upright position (and here even if I press with full force with my fingers on the sternum, there's no pain), but as soon as I slouch down even a little bit with my head or my neck, the pain appears.

I can do horizontal rows and pushups 90% of the time without any pain (I've started working out again just recently cause I'm honestly just tired of it and thought about giving it a try since it wasn't better or worse) and so far it doesn't seem like the exercises make a difference in terms of the pain.

I'd also like to point out that it's higher on the sternum, not really on the level of the nipples, but more in like the Manubrium area (when you see the anatomy).

I've had x-rays, Ultrasound, nothing came back at all. Doctors keep telling me it's costochondritis and to take anti-inflammatory pills, but when it's been a year already? I'd like to resolve this so I've hoped other fellows here might give me a hand.

Thank you so much for any insight!
    Hard to say though, maybe it's just tightness and shortness of the muscle which attatch to sternum you can try open this chain by poliquin Flyes with 1-2 kg since it didnt get worse or better. Doctors are useless in such a cases, I know it since my own experience, unless you are lucky and find out the very good one.

croftess is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely try that... it really is strange. I would understand if it happened after a very strenuous workout or something where I could damage it, but it seems like it appeared out of nowhere one day after waking up... but the doctors cleared me up for pretty much everything from heart related to rheumatoid issues, so I believe it must be something strictly mechanical, but it's hard to get down to it, especially when you don't know where the hell it came from haha.

Thank you once again.

I will welcome any other suggestions!

amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am no doctor nor aim to be one but it does not sound right to me at all. US scans usually wont spot anything that is serious. Get an MRI / CT whatever....good luck