Closed Thread
Page 42 of 274 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 8210
    rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by criminal_manne View Post
    Damn breh lemme borrow some money
    Jokes on everyone I don't have any

Also theyll let you borrow well above 50%dti

The lady overshot the payment estimate by 2k/month and was still going to let me take a loan sub 3%.

I don't think the housing market is healthy.
    Boycott foodservice industry crew

rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I give it three years before a major recession

JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by criminal_manne View Post
    Demand is high because there are a bunch of new gun owners (covid and rioting) and neck beards hoarding because of the election.
    I remember when I got my first pistol, a G17, I bought 2 or 3 boxes of 50, went to the range, got some instruction, and was exhausted by the time I finished the first box. Shooting a pistol is stressful for most new gun owners, so while 5 million new gun owners in 2020 is significant, I don't see that as a huge factor. It's only a 5% increase. Without consulting google, if it's not a production issue due to the pandemic, I'd honestly guess that your second reason, hoarding, is a bigger factor.

Here's something I found funny related to that. Bought an FN509 compact tactical a few months ago because my son wanted to have something that we could put a suppressor on. Salesman at the store apologized they didn't have any 9mm in stock when I bought it. I said, no worries, I've got 800 or so rounds of cheap stuff left, which is enough to last me a year in 9mm. He made me laugh when he told me, "you need to save that, it's hard to replace these days."

Seriously? Save up 9mm ammo? If things ever reach a point where I actually "need" to draw my firearm, and if, heaven forbid I ever actually need to fire it, if 4 or 5 rounds aren't enough to resolve the situation, I've got bigger problems than not having a stockpile of 9mm ammo in my safe. I'd rather use most of it to make sure I'm comfortable with my firearms and have a couple of mags left, than to hoard it. The only reason I have as much as I do is because buying in bulk is cheaper. Well, it used to be.

DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    We were sitting at home last night and heard a bunch of shots fired. I immediately strapped an AR and a lit .45 and went outside to see what the hell was going on. Cops and cop helicopter were all over the place in less than a couple minutes. They have Shot Spotters mounted everywhere and know exactly when and where any shots are fired. I was impressed at the response. No bodies on this one.

https://www.wwaytv3.com/2021/02/26/m...wn-wilmington/

There was a murder a block over a couple weeks ago that was solved with the Shot Spotter too.

https://wcti12.com/news/local/police...murder-of-2021

Screw this town. We were in a hurry to leave New York City and moved to the wrong coastal town. Just went under contract on the house I bought 7 months ago, moving to South Florida this time.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JustTheDad View Post
    I remember when I got my first pistol, a G17, I bought 2 or 3 boxes of 50, went to the range, got some instruction, and was exhausted by the time I finished the first box. Shooting a pistol is stressful for most new gun owners, so while 5 million new gun owners in 2020 is significant, I don't see that as a huge factor. It's only a 5% increase. Without consulting google, if it's not a production issue due to the pandemic, I'd honestly guess that your second reason, hoarding, is a bigger factor.

Here's something I found funny related to that. Bought an FN509 compact tactical a few months ago because my son wanted to have something that we could put a suppressor on. Salesman at the store apologized they didn't have any 9mm in stock when I bought it. I said, no worries, I've got 800 or so rounds of cheap stuff left, which is enough to last me a year in 9mm. He made me laugh when he told me, "you need to save that, it's hard to replace these days."

Seriously? Save up 9mm ammo? If things ever reach a point where I actually "need" to draw my firearm, and if, heaven forbid I ever actually need to fire it, if 4 or 5 rounds aren't enough to resolve the situation, I've got bigger problems than not having a stockpile of 9mm ammo in my safe. I'd rather use most of it to make sure I'm comfortable with my firearms and have a couple of mags left, than to hoard it. The only reason I have as much as I do is because buying in bulk is cheaper. Well, it used to be.
    You seem to be misinformed on some things, such as, actual real world hit rates in private citizen DGU's (or LE OIS's for that matter, they run similar)...the effectiveness of a pistol in stopping an attacker immediately...and the probability that a violent attack will be carried out by multiple attackers.

Spoiler alert: 4 or 5 rounds out of a handgun kind of isn't sht

Yes, there is the "rule of 3's" that says most defensive gun uses are within 3 yards, 3 rounds, 3 seconds.

But also, average hit rate runs about 20% and it can very easily take multiple good hits with a pistol to physiologically stop an attacker.

And let's not forget, having quantities of ammo is more about being able to continue to shoot, practice, and train...rounds previously expelled improving or at least maintaining a level of proficiency are worth a hell of a lot more than sitting on a shelf.

Originally Posted by DualRectifier View Post
    We were sitting at home last night and heard a bunch of shots fired. I immediately strapped an AR and a lit .45 and went outside to see what the hell was going on. Cops and cop helicopter were all over the place in less than a couple minutes. They have Shot Spotters mounted everywhere and know exactly when and where any shots are fired. I was impressed at the response. No bodies on this one.

There was a murder a block over a couple weeks ago that was solved with the Shot Spotter too.

[url]https://wcti12.com/news/local/police-looking-for-18-year-old-in-citys-first-murder-of-2021/url]

Screw this town. We were in a hurry to leave New York City and moved to the wrong coastal town. Just went under contract on the house I bought 7 months ago, moving to South Florida this time.

But, why go outside?

Staunch Nationalist criminal_manne's Avatar
    criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

For me personally I have a lot of ammo because I like to shoot, not because of some fantasy of getting into a handgun gunfight where I use thousands of rounds. I have a couple hundred hollow points and that’s it. Rest is range ammo.

I imagine it’s the same for most people in this thread, they want ammo to train and cause shooting is fun.

Can’t enjoy the hobby with 80 cpr 9mm. I’m not that rich.
    Browns/Indians/Cavs/Buckeyes
    High Test Crew

DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DualRectifier has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    But, why go outside?
    Wifey was freaking the fuk out, she thought someone was banging on the front door at 11 pm. Live gun fire don't sound like you think it does sometimes.

kcadrenalin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kcadrenalin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kcadrenalin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kcadrenalin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kcadrenalin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kcadrenalin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kcadrenalin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kcadrenalin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kcadrenalin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kcadrenalin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kcadrenalin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That's unavoidable, it's a muscles thing, not an 'eye' thing. The muscles/etc that focus your eyes that close don't work as well with age.
    This is correct.
    I had lasik in 2000 and the doctor told me then that he most likely could do a revision down the road if my distance vision was to ever degrade but at some point I would need glasses to read because of aging and at that time there was no surgical fix for that.
    There is surgery for it now but it's not approved in the US yet. At least it wasn't a couple of years ago and I'm not having eye surgery in Mexico.
    ________

MFC

________
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -Benjamin Franklin
    Tits and Beer

criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) criminal_manne has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

https://wcti12.com/news/local/police...murder-of-2021

I’m a seahawk alum srs. Lived there for 5 years. Only fond memories though cause it was college.
    High Test Crew

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Still need to look more into lasik, everything after 10 feet gets blurry as hell, but I just keep putting it off since I don't mind glasses that much. Also getting my eye cut open, nothxjeffery.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wifey was freaking the fuk out, she thought someone was banging on the front door at 11 pm. Live gun fire don't sound like you think it does sometimes.
    But, why go outside?

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    Still need to look more into lasik, everything after 10 feet gets blurry as hell, but I just keep putting it off since I don't mind glasses that much. Also getting my eye cut open, nothxjeffery.
    It's Trippy. Looks... Weird. Closest thing I can reference is the weird lights portion of 2001 space odyssey.

JChippy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JChippy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JChippy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JChippy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JChippy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JChippy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JChippy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JChippy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JChippy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JChippy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JChippy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rectifryer View Post
    Jokes on everyone I don't have any

Also theyll let you borrow well above 50%dti

The lady overshot the payment estimate by 2k/month and was still going to let me take a loan sub 3%.

I don't think the housing market is healthy.
    if they were wrong by 2k/month, pry don't want business with them.

must be some sweet loan deal to be over 50%

do. not. want.

on topic of lasik, was all set up to get it done, but i didn't quite qualify for lasik bc of my eye shape, so i had the different version where they slice a layer of your eye off, do the work, then put the layer back on or something like that. that freaked me out and i did not do the apptmt . I think that version is called lasek. Yes spelling is mildly differnt
    the above post is not serious and is for entertainment purposes only.
    Thanks for your time.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's Trippy. Looks... Weird. Closest thing I can reference is the weird lights portion of 2001 space odyssey.
    So drop acid before going, got it.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

But, why go outside?
    I know that you have extensive training and experience as a Global Tier-One Operatortm, and are well-prepared for whenever the sh!it jumps off at the Cracker Barrel or Target up there in the woods of North Georgia, but maybe leave the armchair quarterbacking to others at this point champ

GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GooBaaa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kcadrenalin View Post
    This is correct.
    I had lasik in 2000 and the doctor told me then that he most likely could do a revision down the road if my distance vision was to ever degrade but at some point I would need glasses to read because of aging and at that time there was no surgical fix for that.
    There is surgery for it now but it's not approved in the US yet. At least it wasn't a couple of years ago and I'm not having eye surgery in Mexico.
    I figured this was the case not complaining, still cheaper than buying her 3/4 glasses a year

I know that you have extensive training and experience as a Global Tier-One Operatortm, and are well-prepared for whenever the sh!it jumps off at the Cracker Barrel or Target up there in the woods of North Georgia, but maybe leave the armchair quarterbacking to others at this point champ
    By all means, go runing outside kitted up to hunt down the shooter. That's clearly the smart decision.

But lmao at talking about operator after saying you geared up to go out and find a gunfight

You have a habit of looking for trouble/gun fights based on your posts in this thread. Zimmerman would be proud

Stay safe

Originally Posted by JChippy View Post
    if they were wrong by 2k/month, pry don't want business with them.

must be some sweet loan deal to be over 50%

do. not. want.

on topic of lasik, was all set up to get it done, but i didn't quite qualify for lasik bc of my eye shape, so i had the different version where they slice a layer of your eye off, do the work, then put the layer back on or something like that. that freaked me out and i did not do the apptmt . I think that version is called lasek. Yes spelling is mildly differnt
    They kept pulling the taxes/ins from a different area...very annoying because they viewed it as a higher DTI than what I was due to this.

By all means, go runing outside kitted up to hunt down the shooter. That's clearly the smart decision.

But lmao at talking about operator after saying you geared up to go out and find a gunfight

You have a habit of looking for trouble/gun fights based on your posts in this thread. Zimmerman would be proud

Stay safe
    Not everyone lives out in the country in their wife's house, with their balls permanently stored in her purse, whilst constantly training to satisfy some male vigilante revenge fantasy that will never happen. Some men are actually men and do things in life. But keep acting like you know literally anything.

Not that you would ever hear gunshots right outside your house up there in the woods at night, but it makes sense that you would defend cowering like a pussy and hiding in your closet before protecting your family.
    Last edited by DualRectifier; 02-26-2021 at 12:06 PM.

JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You seem to be misinformed on some things, such as, actual real world hit rates in private citizen DGU's (or LE OIS's for that matter, they run similar)...the effectiveness of a pistol in stopping an attacker immediately...and the probability that a violent attack will be carried out by multiple attackers.

Spoiler alert: 4 or 5 rounds out of a handgun kind of isn't sht

Yes, there is the "rule of 3's" that says most defensive gun uses are within 3 yards, 3 rounds, 3 seconds.

But also, average hit rate runs about 20% and it can very easily take multiple good hits with a pistol to physiologically stop an attacker.

And let's not forget, having quantities of ammo is more about being able to continue to shoot, practice, and train...rounds previously expelled improving or at least maintaining a level of proficiency are worth a hell of a lot more than sitting on a shelf.
    Farley, first, you need to re-read what I wrote. I said stockpiling was silly because it's better to practice, and that I'd rather practice than have a stockpile. My point was, if I actually have to fire one of my handguns in a self defense situation, how many rounds I have in the basement isn't relevant. You somehow focused on the most trivial issue of how many rounds I'd have to fire if that incredibly unlikely situation ever developed.

Statistically, it's unlikely that having a firearm is going to save my life or the life of any of my loved ones. Doesn't mean I'm not more comfortable having one at times, but I'm not going to worry about rounds available. I'm fine with my 642, although when I bother to carry, I usually carry a Shield because it sits better at 4 o'clock IWB. I've never felt worried because I decided not to carry on a given day or because I only had 5 rounds in the 642.

I'm not going to argue about the number of shots fired or that having more rounds than you need is better than having too few. However, if you want me to listen to you about the "real world" and tell me 4 or 5 rounds isn't "sht", you're gonna have to earn my respect first.

I have an IFAK in my car, another in my range bag, and there's one in my wife and my kids cars too. The kit in my car has tourniquets, bandages, a trach kit, pneumothorax needles, chest seals, an ambu bag, and a bit more. Even my bicycle has an Israeli bandage in the seat pack.

You implied that having more than 5 rounds could make me significantly safer, so tell me, do you have an IFAK with a tourniquet available in your car and home and at the range? Because if this is about survival or saving lives... .

Not everyone lives out in the country in their wife's house, with their balls permanently stored in her purse, whilst constantly training to satisfy some male vigilante revenge fantasy that will never happen. Some men are actually men and do things in life. But keep acting like you know literally anything
    srs question, what would you do if you saw something happening?

In florida, the apparent victim is just as likely to be the real aggressor in any situation that seems obvious

its the fukkin Australian outback out here; you can't trust anything you see

srs question, what would you do if you saw something happening?

In florida, the apparent victim is just as likely to be the real aggressor in any situation that seems obvious

its the fukkin Australian outback out here; you can't trust anything you see
    All I gave a fuk about was if they were coming at our house. Don't care what happens to anybody else. We have a lot of huge windows and it would be too easy to get in if they wanted to. There have been home invasions and murders on my block lately. I'd fukking hose down somebody trying to get into my house with no questions asked. Just moved down from a year in New York City and I've had enough of this crap.

All I gave a fuk about was if they were coming at our house. Don't care what happens to anybody else. We have a lot of huge windows and it would be too easy to get in if they wanted to. There have been home invasions and murders on my block lately. I'd fukking hose down somebody trying to get into my house with no questions asked. Just moved down from a year in New York City and I've had enough of this crap.
    yeah breaking a window is fair game pretty much no matter what tbh

home defense always seems to be a trade off between awareness and maintaining a defensible position.

Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Page 42, people be mad at Farley

Inb4 books written as replies and popcorn

Not everyone lives out in the country in their wife's house, with their balls permanently stored in her purse, whilst constantly training to satisfy some male vigilante revenge fantasy that will never happen. Some men are actually men and do things in life. But keep acting like you know literally anything.

Not that you would ever hear gunshots right outside your house up there in the woods at night, but it makes sense that you would defend cowering like a pussy and hiding in your closet before protecting your family.
    No need to be mad, you will find the gunfight you seek eventually, I promise.

Hypothetically.

Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    yeah breaking a window is fair game pretty much no matter what tbh

home defense always seems to be a trade off between awareness and maintaining a defensible position.
    In Maine, you'd have to prove you couldn't flee or hide before using deadly force. Fukin bullshiit.

Originally Posted by Brozef View Post
    In Maine, you'd have to prove you couldn't flee or hide before using deadly force. Fukin bullshiit.
    In FL, if someone punches you while you're on a skateboard then you are automatically considered in fear of your life by declared state law and have full grounds to use deadly force.

Maybe I shouldn't spread the news, but I appreciate the flexibility in the law.

Farley, first, you need to re-read what I wrote. I said stockpiling was silly because it's better to practice, and that I'd rather practice than have a stockpile. My point was, if I actually have to fire one of my handguns in a self defense situation, how many rounds I have in the basement isn't relevant. You somehow focused on the most trivial issue of how many rounds I'd have to fire if that incredibly unlikely situation ever developed.

Statistically, it's unlikely that having a firearm is going to save my life or the life of any of my loved ones. Doesn't mean I'm not more comfortable having one at times, but I'm not going to worry about rounds available. I'm fine with my 642, although when I bother to carry, I usually carry a Shield because it sits better at 4 o'clock IWB. I've never felt worried because I decided not to carry on a given day or because I only had 5 rounds in the 642.

I'm not going to argue about the number of shots fired or that having more rounds than you need is better than having too few. However, if you want me to listen to you about the "real world" and tell me 4 or 5 rounds isn't "sht", you're gonna have to earn my respect first.

I have an IFAK in my car, another in my range bag, and there's one in my wife and my kids cars too. The kit in my car has tourniquets, bandages, a trach kit, pneumothorax needles, chest seals, an ambu bag, and a bit more. Even my bicycle has an Israeli bandage in the seat pack.

You implied that having more than 5 rounds could make me significantly safer, so tell me, do you have an IFAK with a tourniquet available in your car and home and at the range? Because if this is about survival or saving lives... .
    Yes, I do.

So what? lol

So, you tell me...how many fire extinguishers do you have?

The goal with ammo is to practice/train, and have enough ammo to keep doing so through the duration of a predictable banic BTW. You know, the old "why not both" taco girl.

You live off Princess street or something ? Wilmington isn’t that rough breh you not look at a crime map before buying a house or what
    High Test Crew

In FL, if someone punches you while you're on a skateboard then you are automatically considered in fear of your life by declared state law and have full grounds to use deadly force.

Maybe I shouldn't spread the news, but I appreciate the flexibility in the law.
    Crazy.

I love my state but hate that it's blue.

Closed Thread