Cmold24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Advice on bulking?

So I have currently started the gym I’ve had some prior experience but nothing advanced. I’m currently 5’7 162 and 22 years old which is the heaviest I’ve been. Before my weight would be consistent at 145 and I started at 152 a month and a half ago after returning from the a year hiatus from the gym( probably fat). My question is should I keep bulking till I’m satisfied with strength and reach 170 or is that too much. Also if anyone can help with bf percentage that would be helpful. Thanks

https://imgur.com/a/DoNZ7pm

That is how I’m currently looking btw still can’t tell my bf

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'd guess you around 20%

Since you're a relatively new lifter (not too advanced), you could probably get away with recomp for at least 6 months or so; maybe longer.

Find your maintenance calorie level, eat at that for at least two weeks, weigh yourself at least 3 times per week at the same time of day, in similar clothes and on the same scale. Watch for any weight change and adjust your calories after 2-3 weeks of doing this so that you are staying about the same weight week after week.
    The idea is to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.

Get on a good, challenging weight training program designed for hypertrophy that has a mix of compounds and isolation movements. And work hard at it!

Ask questions, be consistant with everything and you'll see results.
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    I'd guess you around 20%

Since you're a relatively new lifter (not too advanced), you could probably get away with recomp for at least 6 months or so; maybe longer.

Find your maintenance calorie level, eat at that for at least two weeks, weigh yourself at least 3 times per week at the same time of day, in similar clothes and on the same scale. Watch for any weight change and adjust your calories after 2-3 weeks of doing this so that you are staying about the same weight week after week.
    The idea is to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.

Get on a good, challenging weight training program designed for hypertrophy that has a mix of compounds and isolation movements. And work hard at it!

Ask questions, be consistant with everything and you'll see results.
    Currently im doing a push/pull routine 6x a week would it be smarter to just milk out my strength gains for the next 6 months then cut down 5 pounds instead of bulking.