Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Muscle asymmetry

Hi guys,

My left pec is larger than the right one, same can be said for my lats. I'm about to start Stronglifts routine. Will bench pressing and rowing with barbell even out my muscles or quite the opposite?

Thanks

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Some asymmetry is normal even in elite athletes. Barbell training does not worsen asymmetry. In theory it should improve it as long as you are using an evenly spaced grip - because the weak side has to work harder and should catch up.

Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Some asymmetry is normal even in elite athletes. Barbell training does not worsen asymmetry. In theory it should improve it as long as you are using an evenly spaced grip - because the weak side has to work harder and should catch up.
    Thanks mate, good to know. Also would you be able to give me your thoughts on my issue below. That would be much appreciated.

I'm 40 years old male, 180cm, 81kg. I believe that I train really hard, have got diet and rest but despite all of it, I'm still very weak. I guess I'm what you would call skinny fat. I was lifting for 3 years in the past, stopped in 2013 and i started back again 4 months ago. The results i achieved in 2013 are essentially the same as now, i looked pretty similar as well.

I just cant seem to build strength and i dont know what the problem is. Is it just my genetics? Also every 2-3 weeks I become suddenly supper exhausted, to the point where I lay in bad and sleep for most of 2 days, and eventually recover. And this goes in circles. I have seen multiple doctors, multiple blood tests done and everything seems fine. The testosterone levels were normal, but on the lower rage. They said there was nothing wrong with me.

Like I said, I started 4 months ago again. I eat well, around 3,300kcal, 160g of protein. I have put 2-3kg on since I started. My lifts are very low, below are 5rm:
    Bench press: 6x60kg
    Squat: 5x85kg
    DL: 5x110kg

On the link below are a few pics of me taken today:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/188962...posted-public/

My program has been as below. I always try to add more weight in each workout or more reps, but most times fail.

Monday:
    Bench press: 5 x 5 reps
    Dumbell press: 5x8 reps
    Dumbell cable flies: 5x 10

Wed:
    Squats: 3x 5reps
    Deadlift: 3x 5
    Bench press: 5x 5-6
    Pullups: 3 x as many as i can do
    Barbell rows: 3 sets

Feiday:
    Same as wed

As you can see I do more bench exercises as my chest is so weak.

A few questions:
    1. Any ideas on why I'm not getting stronger? I think i have higher anxiety than normal and that may play a part, together with my genetics.
    2. Any idea why I'm often extremely fatigued? I suspect higher stress levels play a part and that i may need lower volume program.
    3. Im thinking of starting stronglifts 5x5 program. Do you think this is a good idea?
    4. Is it ok if I start the SL at 80% of my 5RM? The SL suggests 50% but I think I won't be enjoying it as it wont be challenging.

Thanks heapsย ๐Ÿ˜€

wantsomegains is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You hav a chest day + 2 fullbody days. I think the volume for yout chest are to much. I would start with 3-4 sets per session for your chest you don't need all the excessive volume in the end it will just be junk volume. You should follow a program which is full body 3x/week and that has more volume for bak. In my opinion you should add som isolations for arms at the end of the workout if you are training to build an aesthetic physique since benching and rowing are not optimal for arm development.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll just add that asymmetry ISN'T just about muscle size.

It can be differences in your skeleton and tendon insertions or lengths. Amongst other things. Of which you can't balance with training.

Don't get too hung up about it ๐Ÿ‘ even the most 'symetrical' body builders use certain cosmetic enhancements to balance their shapes.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It sounds like you are not managing progression well - if you keep butting your head against the same weight / rep range and keep failing nothing is going to change on its own.

Do a routine which plans progression better. SL5x5x is aight but Candito's linear routine is better. Even Fierce 5 is going to be better than what you are doing ATM.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    It sounds like you are not managing progression well - if you keep butting your head against the same weight / rep range and keep failing nothing is going to change on its own.

Do a routine which plans progression better. SL5x5x is aight but Candito's linear routine is better. Even Fierce 5 is going to be better than what you are doing ATM.
    Thanks heaps mate. At what starting weights should I start one of those routines?