Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000)

Back in the gym after many years.

My gym opened back up and had a nice resolutioner deal, so here I am.

It's been 5 years since I lifted and about a year since I've been in the gym at all.

My autism will surely make these posts erratic and hard to follow, but there will be gains.

Initial goals are to lose a ton of fat and gain muscle, like all lifting goals they will evolve. 17.5" arms and a drop 12" chest/waist.

Things I have going for me are legacy strength and noob gains.

Current stats
    5'11 252 Lbs. About to turn 43

I have decent genetics so I will be operating in a large caloric deficit, with heavy emphasis on protein.

One benefit of being old is I have already learned from previous mistakes. I just finished my first week of SL 5x5. I guessed my max for the lifts and made sure to aim low.

Today was squat, bench and rows. 110, 120, 120 (yes... pounds)

Seems ridiculously low, however im just going to stick with it for the 12 weeks to build a base. I have serious weakness in my posterior chain that I need to identify and fix.

Lifting goals for the end of the year are.
    Bench 315 for reps
    Squat 405 for reps
    DL 500 for a single

I also just took a testosterone level test and should have numbers shortly.

Tl;Dr cliffs. Old guy is getting jacked and is going to take your mom out for a nice steak dinner.
    New and improved crew
    Snapchat crew
    Tinder crew
    Misc scarf crew member 001

ephykizito1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ephykizito1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ephykizito1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ephykizito1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ephykizito1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ephykizito1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ephykizito1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ephykizito1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ephykizito1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ephykizito1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ephykizito1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep at it champ!

Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr.Bill is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Week 2 down. I decided to switch barbell rows out with the chest supported machine version to save my lower back from my bad form.

I decided to add 20 pounds to my bench because it wasn't challenging.

I took a video of my squat an am happy with my form. I feel like 25 reps is a ton of volume, but ill stick it out for the whole program so I have a decent base to build off of.

Deadlifts are going up drama free. I'm tempted to add a bunch of weight but am holding back a few weeks so my back strengthens up.

Overhead press is uneventful. Weight feels light but I'm staying that course since I hit a wall in that lift.

Next week I will be stepping up my nutrition and supplement game.

Just got my free test results back and I am in the normal range. It's on the lower quarter of normal but I took it before I started lifting and cleaning up my diet so I'm ok with it.
    Last edited by Mr.Bill; 02-12-2021 at 02:11 PM.
    New and improved crew
    Snapchat crew
    Tinder crew

TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Old? Shoot I’m 56 in a week..

Anyway good luck Bill! Will be following.

Week 3 down

A couple things worth mentioning this week.

One is my bodyweight and measurements have not budged. I'm guessing it's the supplements bloating me and the glycogen in my muscles.

Today I learned why they recommend that you run the program and prescribed. The squat racks were full so I did bench first and I felt a total lack of energy. I went on to do rows next then finished with squat. After the first set I felt super energized. Next time I'll just awkwardly stare at whoever is squatting till they leave.

I added 5 pounds to my squat and OHP because it was easier than searching for 2.5 pound plates. I also added 10 to my deads to get me closer to 315 on the final workout.

I'll start listing my starting weights, the current week and projected end weights. Not including rows.

Bench
    115/155/225

Squat
    100/155/280

DL
    140/180/310

OHP
    55/75/145
    New and improved crew
    Snapchat crew
    Tinder crew

Tisnom1 is not very well liked. (-100) Tisnom1 is not very well liked. (-100) Tisnom1 is not very well liked. (-100) Tisnom1 is not very well liked. (-100) Tisnom1 is not very well liked. (-100) Tisnom1 is not very well liked. (-100) Tisnom1 is not very well liked. (-100) Tisnom1 is not very well liked. (-100) Tisnom1 is not very well liked. (-100) Tisnom1 is not very well liked. (-100) Tisnom1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Goals look realistic, we gotta be careful dabbling with heavy weight just getting started. Not as flexible as we used to be. I just started back too.
    Learn what lifestyle you're okay putting up with to get your body the way you want it.

Week 4 in the books.

Things worth mentioning. My poverty velcro knee brace and Amazon elbow sleeves are wonderful for keeping my tendonitis away.

Monday was a bit of a rough day but I got all my reps.

Wednesday was a whole different beast.

Squats went up nice and clean.
    I added 5 pounds to my bench and got all 25 reps. Then I decided I wanted to do some sets with heavier weight and lower reps. I added 20 pounds and figured I'd do 5 sets of 2. Well the weight flew up and I managed to 5x5 it.

50 reps of bench is no joke. Huge pump.

After that I decided to try the same thing with squats. I added 60 pounds for 5 singles.

So going forward, when I am doing the last exercise for the week for bench, squat or deadlifts I'll work in some heavy reps.

Today I added 5 pounds to all my lifts. Squat, OHP and deadlift.

That will have my last deadlift in the program at 3 plates.

My next OHP weight will be the same weight I started my squats with, 4 weeks ago. 🤣

My last rambling thought. During the prescribed sets of bench I narrowed my grip each set. Started with my pinky on the ring then moved it until I was almost at the edge of the knurling. My triceps are really moving a majority of the weight.
    New and improved crew
    Snapchat crew
    Tinder crew

andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andreabk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Keep going!!

Updating today because to more accurately recall today's session.

Adding in the heavy reps ignited my progress even more.

Added another 5 pounds to my squat so it was an even 185. When I concentrated on my breathing/keeping my core tight it made a marked difference.
    Wednesday puts my reps at 190 which is a full wheel improvement over my starting weight.
    Ended with 225x3. Last week I was absolutely grinding 225 for a single. Although after reviewing the film I wasn't parallel, but I saw no judges in the gym so I'm good. I got some shoe wedges to help my squat mobility that I'll start using. Maybe toss em in my shoe for my tinder dates too, nomsayin boys.

Added 5 to my bench. It was just flying up. Added 30 pounds after the 5x5 and knocked out 4 reps, probs could have gotten 5 but I had an annoying metal splinter in my hand that hurt and no spotter.
    I don't know what my highest 1RM is but 6 years ago I got 225 for 14 reps so beating that will be my goal for now.

I don't talk about my rows because I switched to a machine, however I upped my weight to 180 so I could double wheel it. My back gains are insane, I was just ripping reps.

Knocked out some incline bench too. 173x5x3. (Because 15kg girl bar)

There has been an unintended but appreciated consequence to all this lifting. It's like I'm 14 again.
    Well except there was no tinder or over abundance of self esteem in 1992.
    New and improved crew
    Snapchat crew
    Tinder crew

Week 5 down.

Pro tip. Don't have 10 drinks at the bar Tuesday night and expect a good day at the gym Wednesday.

I pushed through a bit too hard and messed up my shoulder doing OHP.

Fridays workout went alright. Added 5 to bench so it was an even 185.

Squatting every session is getting to be too much. I may skip squats on Wednesday and up the weights.
    New and improved crew
    Snapchat crew
    Tinder crew

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Keep it up man. When I was going to school in Carbondale, EVERY January the gym would have twice as many people in it for the first two weeks. New people. Withing 2-3 weeks it was back down to the normal numbers in the gym. You've made it past 2-3 weeks, so I'm pretty confident you'll stick with your plan.

808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sounds like you’re doing well. Smart to start off light and get used to it again. I only started back in November, and I’m almost passing my lifts from a couple years back when I lifted 2 years straight. Feelsgoodman

Keep it up!
    Single life again
    808 crew
    5’11” tall Asian crew

Started weights again Nov 2020
    2/21 PR: S 315 B 275 D 425 @206
    3/14/21: PR 405x3 conventional
    Chasing 500 deadlift

Diet crew
    3/1/21-206 going for 190 @ 8% by June 1
    3/14/21-205
    4/15/21-201 finally losing weight after shifting to 1500-1800 cal/day

Sober since March 1

What a week #6.

Monday was uneventful. Added 5 to my squat

I accidentally went to the bar Tuesday night and had 6 shots and 6 beers. Some rather attractive woman gave me her number so not all was lost.

Needless to say, Wednesdays workout wasn't going to happen.

Made up that workout Thursday. I had watched a YouTube video about high vs. Low bar squat. I had been low bar because high bar would hit me right at the base of my boney neck and hurt for a day. Well I bunched up my traps to avoid that and OMG are high bar squats better. My low bar squats end up being a squat/good morning combo which sucks.

Bench went up easy. I did some pin presses at the end with +80.

I walked about 8 miles after the gym yesterday and my hips were having none of it this morning. I got 3 reps of squat and gave up. I may skip Mondays squats too.

I added 5 pounds to OHP so it was an even 35 pound plate. It was a real grind and had a sticking point mid range. I got in all my reps though.

Finished up with deadlifts. Added 5 pounds and got reps with no drama.

With the weather warming up I'll be more active outdoors. Already went on a bike ride up the lake front. I'm signing up for a flag football league. I'll definitely feel every tendon in my body for days after the games but it should be a good time.

My shoulder and arm development is showing up proper.
    New and improved crew
    Snapchat crew
    Tinder crew

Updating today for posterity.

I am making the call to skip Wednesdays squats. Way too much volume and my body isn't recovering.

Because I skipped squats Friday I had 3 full days to recover. Today's RX was for 220 but there was exactly zero chance I wasn't rounding up to 2 full pizzas. It wasn't even a grind. For reference, six weeks ago I started with 100 pounds and my form was falling apart and it was an absolute grind to get my reps.

I have six weeks left of this program. Originally my final workout was 275 and is currently 300. I'm going to push to get 3 wheels.

Bench was supposed to finish at 205 and I hit 195 with absolute ease today. Did pin presses with +50 then +100. I'll shoot to end at 255 so it's a nice even plate load.

At the end of the program I'll take a full week off and restart 5x5. As prescribed the program will add 90lbs. To bench and 180 to squat and deadlifts from the first workout.

I will start the program at whatever weight will have me end at the goals I set in my first post.
    New and improved crew
    Snapchat crew
    Tinder crew

Week 7 down

Followed through with my plan to skip Wednesdays squats. I'm adding in the added weight from Wednesdays so I will not lose any ground. This high bar life is definitely making life easier. It went up easy today so I'm going to add to Mondays workout.

Added 5 to my bench to get an even 205. Crazy because this is the weight I was supposed to finish on.

I skipped the rows because I strained my rhomboid.

OHP is definitely a grind.

My muscle gains are very noticeable. I dusted off my favorite date shirt now that I'm back on the market fully. I'm already stretching out the arms and my trap definition shows through the shirt. The fat gains in my gut need more work though.
    New and improved crew
    Snapchat crew
    Tinder crew

Well I fuxored my rhomboid. My shoulder mobility is crap and I'm betting that having my hands too close together during squats did me in. The slight discomfort turned to a good amount of pain after 2 reps of squat.

So this thread is officially a rehab thread. Already have a bunch of BPC 157 on the way to help expedite.

Rhimboid injuries, 1/10 wood not recommend.
    New and improved crew
    Snapchat crew
    Tinder crew

CJaySmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CJaySmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CJaySmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CJaySmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CJaySmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CJaySmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CJaySmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CJaySmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CJaySmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CJaySmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CJaySmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ephykizito1996 View Post
    Keep at it champ!
    Agreed

Well I don't think it's my rhomboid. Right now im thinking it's a displaced rib because of how the pain is in the front and back. Seeing a chiropractor Tuesday to get x-rays and hopefully have it worked back into place.

I'm waiting on lab results for my free test levels to see if there has been improvement since I started lifting. Stay tuned for that.
    New and improved crew
    Snapchat crew
    Tinder crew

Went to the Chiropractor today. Got some E-stim and rib worked back into place. Getting some spine and neck adjustments too. I'm going to stay out of the gym till Monday.

I'm going to restart 5x5 so the weights will be lower which should also help.
    New and improved crew
    Snapchat crew
    Tinder crew

Day one back after 2 weeks off.

Because of the way my lifts are improving I decided to use the 5x5 app, but input my own starting weights.

Over the course of 12 weeks the program adds 90 pounds to the starting weight for Bench and OHP
    180 for squat and deads.

I just picked where I'd like to be in 12 weeks and subtracted those numbers to give me a starting base.

I am also going to do barbell rows since my low back has a base of strength again. Will continue to skip Wednesdays Squats so I don't over do it.

For all those who made it this far in the thread, I'll share an interesting story.

Last week I brought a gal home. Back in my ho phase of 2017 I would bring chicks home and after we smashed I'd measure their height on my door like a proper degenerate. I'd add a nickname for posterity too. So I was showing this to the gal and one of the nicknames and the woman's height gave her pause.

In the last couple years of her marriage they opened it up and her ex and I were banging the same chick a few years back. I may have gotten his seconds with his ex wife but he got mine back in 2017.

Her ex lifts so if you see this bro, sorry for wallering out Katie.
    New and improved crew
    Snapchat crew
    Tinder crew

Saw a sign at the gym today. 6 week challenge starts next week, person with the largest drop in body fat wins. I'm 1000% better at doing anything when it's a competition. I'll make the absolute best of being a chubby monkey.
    New and improved crew
    Snapchat crew
    Tinder crew