VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

MAG grips for landmine T-bar rows?

I'm considering MAG grips, but hoping I could use them for landmine T-bar rows (probably as much or even more than pull-downs/cable rows)

Leaning towards a close grip neutral and medium grip pronate.

From the pictures, it looks like a bar would safely rest in the center and be stable for landmine rows, but I can't find any confirming reviews online.

Anyone have experience with this? Thoughts?

MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by VTLifts View Post
    I'm considering MAG grips, but hoping I could use them for landmine T-bar rows (probably as much or even more than pull-downs/cable rows)

From the pictures, it looks like a bar would safely rest in the center and be stable for landmine rows, but I can't find any confirming reviews online.

Consider getting a landmine eyelet attachment. Several companies make them. Briefly looking, saw a Body-Solid version. I have a Cap version I got off amazon for $15 (pre-covid, now $32). Its cheap but effective. I can't post links or else would. The Body-Solid one I saw was OOS but looked to be of higher quality if you're concerned about the welds.

VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VTLifts has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Won't that reduce range of motion a good bit? I guess I could stand on some blocks to offset that.

gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I haven't used my Mag's for landmines, but a word of caution, I really don't rate the neutral close grip handle, Imo it's the least effective Mag by some distance. I get far better lat activation from a standard close grip V handle.

MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaineBarnLift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Won't that reduce range of motion a good bit? I guess I could stand on some blocks to offset that.
    You could stand on blocks and/or just clip into the first link of chain. It would still reduce ROM but not significantly (1link of chain + hook). The difference if you're putting the bar on top of the MAG handles would obviously be more.

Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    I haven't used my Mag's for landmines, but a word of caution, I really don't rate the neutral close grip handle, Imo it's the least effective Mag by some distance. I get far better lat activation from a standard close grip V handle.
    Interesting. I love my V-handle, so perhaps I should do further research before thinking the MAG would be better.

I was most interested in the medium grip pronated anyway.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Interesting. I love my V-handle, so perhaps I should do further research before thinking the MAG would be better.

I was most interested in the medium grip pronated anyway.
    Medium Pronate and Supinate as well as Wide Pronate on the MAGs you can't go wrong with in my opinion...Narrow Supinate isn't bad as well, but would definitely recommend starting with a medium grip out of one of the two mentioned above, or both to see how it feels to you before investing in the others.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The MAG Medium pronate is awesome for pulling movements, I've even used it to deadlift on my belt squat and the width and everything is pretty much perfection.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Medium Pronate and Supinate as well as Wide Pronate on the MAGs you can't go wrong with in my opinion...Narrow Supinate isn't bad as well, but would definitely recommend starting with a medium grip out of one of the two mentioned above, or both to see how it feels to you before investing in the others.
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    The MAG Medium pronate is awesome for pulling movements, I've even used it to deadlift on my belt squat and the width and everything is pretty much perfection.
    Seems like i'm pretty sold on the medium pronate grip.

Could either of you confirm if you can place the barbell shaft directly into that little notch on the MAG grip, as you would on a landmine row, and the bar is secure and stays put?

Gray Matter Lifting Dont Want None's Avatar
    Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can use MAGs for ladnmine work, but you need an attachment of some kind. The hole on the MAG attachment fits a carabiner, not a bar.

I use a Proloc 2 Collar, with 2 carabiners to make it work. You can use the Body Solid attachment with chain, or probably a number of random options.
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

On social media as Gray Matter Lifting

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dont Want None View Post
    You can use MAGs for ladnmine work, but you need an attachment of some kind. The hole on the MAG attachment fits a carabiner, not a bar.
    This should be all you need to make it work, at this point I'm assuming everyone has carabiners and small chains lying around to add to it....

https://www.amazon.com/Eapele-Platfo...2536162&sr=8-5

Or something like this, which was leftover from the rack attached pulley I didn't need.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪