ahammargren19 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need some advice!

Hi, I am 20 years old and trying to get back into being "fit". I am 5'9(3/4)", 212 pounds, and I'd say I am somewhere in the range of 26-29%bf. In high school, I was a multi-sport athlete playing football, basketball, and some track. I have always been a bigger guy compared to my peers my whole life, but I was never massive by any means and was pretty athletic until I had a shoulder injury a few years ago that made me go from around somewhere in the mid 190's-low 200's, all the way to 240 at my biggest. I have lost some of that weight of course, but I never really got back into the gym because of fear of hurting my shoulder again (original injury was due to doing tricep dips). My weight has also been yo-yoing from around 205-220 range for a while now. I've been working out consistently for about a month now and have gotten my strength back to where I was during high school football. I am doing three day a week, full body workouts and I've been enjoying it, but when do I know to move on to something like a push-pull-leg split? Something I have noticed is that my motivation for my improved nutrition is a lot better on those days that I do know that I work out rather than on rest days. Would it be better for me to stick to the full body workouts for now to keep developing my base and just power through finding motivation to stick with my nutrition? Or should I switch to a split because I know myself and that I'd be able to stick to my nutrition better? Thanks!

illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It looks like you're having a hard time adhering to a program. What should you do?

Stick with something, anything, that you yourself is willing to adhere to for an extended period of time.

Track everything you put in your mouth, monitor weight daily (and weekly) and progress on strength. Record it and take pride in your progress and adjust.

What about injuries?

Warm up, Watch your form to prevent any future injuries.

Stick to nutrition?

Track everything with an app on your phone (I use samsung health, others use My fitness pal).

VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you concerned about losing weight or gaining strength? You should focus on just one at a time. Also how the hell did you hurt your shoulder doing dips?
    Instagram: VySingh

Youtube: VySingh

I speak from experience AND ONLY from experience