Registered User northwestmuscle's Avatar
    northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Low carb meal at end of the day for weight loss?

Hi guys,

I've read in Mens Health Magazine that some fitness models have a low carb meal at the end of the day (eg a chicken salad). The theory is that they will go into ketosis (and burn fat) while they sleep and come out of ketosis when they eat a breakfast with some carbs the next morning.

Do you agree with this strategy for weight loss? Many guides on the internet say it takes 2 weeks to get fully into ketosis (not just 6-8 hours during sleep). I'm a bit confused.

Thanks
    Keto + caloric deficit + intermittent fasting= best diet for rapid weight loss

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by northwestmuscle View Post
    Hi guys,

I've read in Mens Health Magazine that some fitness models have a low carb meal at the end of the day (eg a chicken salad). The theory is that they will go into ketosis (and burn fat) while they sleep and come out of ketosis when they eat a breakfast with some carbs the next morning.

Do you agree with this strategy for weight loss? Many guides on the internet say it takes 2 weeks to get fully into ketosis (not just 6-8 hours during sleep). I'm a bit confused.

Thanks
    Well first off yes low carbs and high fat diets burn fat but not how you think. You burn the recently ingested fat and not the stored fat. Ketosis is meaningless to fatloss no matter the timeframe

Fatloss is a product of taking in fewer calories than you burn on a consistent basis, week after week and month after month. There are no shortcuts or backdoor access to stored fat regardless of your diet
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
    -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^ That

Also I'm pretty sure just one low carb meal does not put you in ketosis
    Instagram: VySingh

Youtube: VySingh

I speak from experience AND ONLY from experience

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by northwestmuscle View Post
    Hi guys,

All that shows is that "Some fitness models" have no actual idea how fat loss (or even ketogenesis) really works.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol nope

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    All that shows is that "Some fitness models" have no actual idea how fat loss (or even ketogenesis) really works.
    Fitness models have never been known as being Rocket Scientists
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
    -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ironically, if you're looking for actual tips on being a healthy man, you should probably steer clear of Men's Health
    BP: 275
    SQ: 405
    DL: 500
    Bodyweight 180

Ghost-RiderP51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would say this is just clawing at straws. As others mentioned this is not how ketosis works. Personally I think the whole keto thing is a bit over blown. It's just one way of trying to get you to eat healthy and putting trash aside. At the end of the day being in a calorie deficit is all that counts as far as weight loss is concerned. My diet is borderline keto, not because I think keto is great or anything, rather when you make your calories count and eat quality foods you naturally end up cutting out a lot of carbs. Why add 200+ calories of sugary BBQ sauce to your chicken when you can season it with spices? Why have a side of pasta when you can have some healthy vegetables? When you consciously make food choices and consider what they're worth at the gym I find all the trashy stuff full of carbs/sugars quickly come off.

bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ghost-RiderP51 View Post
    I would say this is just clawing at straws. As others mentioned this is not how ketosis works. Personally I think the whole keto thing is a bit over blown. It's just one way of trying to get you to eat healthy and putting trash aside. At the end of the day being in a calorie deficit is all that counts as far as weight loss is concerned. My diet is borderline keto, not because I think keto is great or anything, rather when you make your calories count and eat quality foods you naturally end up cutting out a lot of carbs. Why add 200+ calories of sugary BBQ sauce to your chicken when you can season it with spices? Why have a side of pasta when you can have some healthy vegetables? When you consciously make food choices and consider what they're worth at the gym I find all the trashy stuff full of carbs/sugars quickly come off.
    Why is pasta "trashy"?

I will agree though, the people who complain they can't lose weight but add like 400 calories a day of condiments kinda irk me
    BP: 275
    SQ: 405
    DL: 500
    Bodyweight 180