Thread: Carb ideas/help

TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Carb ideas/help

Hi guys

I am trying to hit just over 300g carbs, I know it’s not a lot but I’m struggling. I just can’t eat big in one go, I’ve tried 200g pasta or rice and I just can’t eat the last 4 or 5 mouthfuls.

Usual day is as follows:
    Pre WO - banana 25g carbs
    Post WO - 100g oats 55g carbs

Snack - pitta 35g carbs

Lunch - 150g weight of pasta or rice 45g carbs

Snack - bagel or granary sandwich 45g carbs

Dinner - as lunch 45g carbs

250g carbs so far

Before bed - any ideas? More bagels?

How else I can get some other carbs down me?

Cheers

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheWogmeister View Post
    Hi guys

I am trying to hit just over 300g carbs, I know it’s not a lot but I’m struggling. I just can’t eat big in one go, I’ve tried 200g pasta or rice and I just can’t eat the last 4 or 5 mouthfuls.

Usual day is as follows:
    Pre WO - banana 25g carbs
    Post WO - 100g oats 55g carbs

Snack - pitta 35g carbs

Lunch - 150g weight of pasta or rice 45g carbs

Snack - bagel or granary sandwich 45g carbs

Dinner - as lunch 45g carbs

250g carbs so far

Before bed - any ideas? More bagels?

How else I can get some other carbs down me?

Cheers

cereal
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    wait, why are you trying to eat 1200 calories worth of carbs when you're eating around 1600 calories a day and apparently plateauing? from your other thread:

I am tracking my food, hitting 1600 cals consistently with a 40% protein, 30% carb and 30% fat split.

TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    wait, why are you trying to eat 1200 calories worth of carbs when you're eating around 1600 calories a day and apparently plateauing? from your other thread:
    Well spotted Sherlock Holmes. Me and the mrs have used my login to go on the forum.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    cereal
    Surely full of sugar???

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Surely full of sugar???
    So what?

How much sugar do you think is in a banana, or blueberries?

If you're struggling to get carbs in, having a bowl of cereal is hardly going to hurt anything.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well spotted Sherlock Holmes. Me and the mrs have used my login to go on the forum.
    ahh, that makes a lot more sense

had to make sure because we see trolls here every now and then

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Surely full of sugar???
    What do you think carbs are?
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    cereal
    So what?

How much sugar do you think is in a banana, or blueberries?

If you're struggling to get carbs in, having a bowl of cereal is hardly going to hurt anything.
    These. Cereal is a main go-to, easy-to-digest carb source for me.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Please provide peer reviewed studies that prove that sugar contains carbs.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    These. Cereal is a main go-to, easy-to-digest carb source for me.
    raisin brand and granola are great for this
    Dried fruit
    Grape juice (almost 40 grams per 8oz)
    Candy corn
    Muffins
    Honey
    Fig newtons
    Beans
    Pancakes with syrup
    Toast with jam
    Soda/sweetened coffee/chocolate milk
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Surely there is a difference between eating natural sugar eg banana rather than cereals with 'added' sugar? Correct me if I am wrong, this is always how I've looked at it?

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    ahh, that makes a lot more sense

had to make sure because we see trolls here every now and then
    I did have a laugh when I saw your post, I didn't give it a minutes thought lol. I was like, what is this guy on about haha

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Surely there is a difference between eating natural sugar eg banana rather than cereals with 'added' sugar? Correct me if I am wrong, this is always how I've looked at it?
    there are simple and complex. Processed sugar is simple
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Again, who cares?

You’re not even asking about consuming tons of carbs, it’s 50 grams of total carbs from cereal.

A serving of lucky charms is like 25g of carbs and 10g of sugar I think.. so 50carbs of it would be like 20g sugar.

20g of sugar is nothing especially when most of your diet is Whole Foods.

Your pancreas is more than capable of handling it unless you have a disease

brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes, the difference being micronutrients.

Fair enough, I was dead set on bulking as absolutely clean as possible to limit fat gain.

I realised yesterday a can of baked beans (not sure if they are called that in the US) are way high in carbs (and probably sugar) so I'll add that to some meals. I also bought some wholewheat sourdough bread as that is banging high in carbs too. At least it gives me a break from pasta, rice and bagels lol.

I'm surprised how low carb contact white potato is compared to rice and pasta. You get a lot more bang for your buck of the latter.

Fair enough, I was dead set on bulking as absolutely clean as possible to limit fat gain.
    a surplus is a surplus. i don't think there's any difference in fat gain between "clean" and "dirty" foods unless all of your carbs are literally sugar - and even then i'm not sure if it makes a difference - although it is considerably less healthy and nutritious

what really keeps off unnecessary fat is lean bulking, where you eat in a slight surplus (200-250 calories) because your body can only build so much muscle. a 250 surplus will still build the same amount of muscle as a 1000 surplus, just without the unnecessary fat

That is exactly what I am trying to do. Not sure I have got my calories right yet though, the macro calculators vary so much.

That is exactly what I am trying to do. Not sure I have got my calories right yet though, the macro calculators vary so much.
    That's why you take an average of all of them, eat that much for a few weeks, and see what the rolling average weekly changes are... then you adjust.

George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you’re struggling to get carbs down, why not just increase protein/fat instead

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    raisin brand and granola are great for this
    Dried fruit
    Grape juice (almost 40 grams per 8oz)
    Candy corn
    Muffins
    Honey
    Fig newtons
    Beans
    Pancakes with syrup
    Toast with jam
    Soda/sweetened coffee/chocolate milk
    HNNNNG! So many amazing options that...
    Originally Posted by George2100 View Post
    If you’re struggling to get carbs down, why not just increase protein/fat instead
    while I agree with this, I can't fathom how people "struggle to get carbs down". Fats are hard for me to digest and protein's obviously both expensive and satiating. Carbs are the cheapest, best tasting & easiest to eat macronutrient.
    Last edited by Strawng; 02-03-2021 at 09:11 PM.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

while I agree with this, I can't fathom how people "struggle to get carbs down". Fats are hard for me to digest and protein's obviously both expensive and satiating. Carbs are the cheapest, best tasting & easiest to eat macronutrient.
    Yeah carbs are like political parties:

One party: “I’m an ectomorph because I have trouble getting enough carbs, what do?”

Other party: “I am morbidly obese because i drink soda”
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

I am a meat eater, I'll eat anything so could fill up and hit my macros on protein easily, twice over. My mrs on the other hand loves pasta, rice, sweet potato etc and isn't so excited by meat so she can literally shovel the carbs down where I can't they fill me up way too much. I guess it comes down to what you like. I have found more high carb foods I like that are now making the daily gorge of food easier.

Incidentally, surely if your filling up on protein instead of carbs it wouldn't work if you are trying to bulk? You eat carbs for energy, protein doesn't do that. What is the point in macros if that is the case? If I try and hit 400g of carbs and fall 100g short surely 100g of extra protein wouldn't do what
    the carbs do?

taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taydbear7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Golden Graham, Fruitty Pebbles, Froot Loops, or Apple Jacks.

Your welcome!
    Razorbacks/Bears/Cubs/Bulls

George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I hate most carb sources man lol
    I find it a chore to eat them.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If I try and hit 400g of carbs and fall 100g short surely 100g of extra protein wouldn't do what the carbs do?
    What is it that you think carbs "do"? If you're getting enough to meet your energy needs, what do you think are 'special' about them?