metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Anyone have inconsistent strength when it comes to isolation work?

I train full body and primarily do compounds with arms thrown at the end for vanity. Currently on a surplus yet I find my strength for doing isolations like curls to be inconsistent unlike presses, rows, or pulldowns. Some days I can hammer curl 27.5 lbs for 10+ reps easily while other days I can barely get in 8 reps. I usually just go up in weight whenever I can get in a set or 2 for at least 12 reps yet my ability to do these exercises fluctuates week to week.

Whenver I find myself getting a crappy workout for arms, I end up doing a couple drop sets to make up. This doesn't seem to interfere with adding weight or reps to my row, pulldown, or deadlift.

Anyone else have a similar issue? I wager this occurs due to forearms or smaller muscles being pre-fatigued from the compounds (whether I feel it or not), though some days are worse than others

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They’re isolation exercises. They don’t matter. Go by how you feel that day.

EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Isolations do matter but don't prioritize them over your compound lifts
    Bench: 315
    Squat: 335
    Deadlift: 475

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And the fitness/fatigue models enters the chat.

Its NORMAL to have fluctuations in strength, especially on isolations.

Consider real life stress Then add in any progress you made on other lifts earlier, it all affects recovery.

It just be that way.

Its why I never program progression for isolations and use rpe and ranges to organically guide the loading and volume. It basically doesn't matter if your isolations are light or lower in rep so long as the relative intensity is there even when fatigued
    FMH crew - Couch.
    Washed up meathead

metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post

Its why I never program progression for isolations and use rpe and ranges to organically guide the loading and volume. It basically doesn't matter if your isolations are light or lower in rep so long as the relative intensity is there even when fatigued
    Solid writeup man. I'll just do them and adjust weight/reps accordingly as long as they're relatively difficulty.

ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I posted a vid the other day about 10/25 high intensity. I've been using that on a lot of my iso's now.

Do a weight that's tough for 10reps, take 5-10 seconds rest, then do 5more and repeat to 25.

So it's one set 10reps then 3sets 5 reps. All with the very short rest.

Originally Posted by ezra76 View Post
    I posted a vid the other day about 10/25 high intensity. I've been using that on a lot of my iso's now.

Do a weight that's tough for 10reps, take 5-10 seconds rest, then do 5more and repeat to 25.

So it's one set 10reps then 3sets 5 reps. All with the very short rest.
    If you fail on your 3x5, did you go too heavy?

Regardless, that sounds pretty fun but grueling. Definitely saves time though.

EDIT: Could you share the link? I can't find it in your post history

ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by metallick View Post
    If you fail on your 3x5, did you go too heavy?

Regardless, that sounds pretty fun but grueling. Definitely saves time though.

EDIT: Could you share the link? I can't find it in your post history
    Yah no problem https://youtu.be/4iZli2Azc68

Looking at the vid again it doesn't necessarily have to be 5 reps at a time but the 25reps is the point. I used it on leg extensions, ham curls, seated calves, tricep pulldown, db curls and even a set of lighter db overhead seated press. Has been great on all of them. I used to be a fan of "drop sets" but I like this even better because the weight is not dropping.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like a trunkated version of myoreps.
    Restpause is quite useful.
    I approve.

Initial 'activation' set of around 10-20
    Then take 5 breaths and hit about ¼ the reps of the initial set. Repeat 5 times.

15/5/5/5/5/5 is the standard goal.

I love them for stuff I dislike doing. Like Curls or laterals.
    Means I spend less time doing stuff in don't enjoy

https://borge***erli.com/myo-reps-in-english/

Not sure all the old reasoning still holds up, but they still work just as well, even without the original reasoning behind them.
    FMH crew - Couch.
    Washed up meathead

Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ezra76 View Post
    Yah no problem https://youtu.be/4iZli2Azc68

Looking at the vid again it doesn't necessarily have to be 5 reps at a time but the 25reps is the point. I used it on leg extensions, ham curls, seated calves, tricep pulldown, db curls and even a set of lighter db overhead seated press. Has been great on all of them. I used to be a fan of "drop sets" but I like this even better because the weight is not dropping.
    That's a very interesting video. Is there a cutoff point to which exercises you should and should not do with?

Say I wanted to do it with a machine chest press or a lighter DB shoulder press. Would I have to apply the same principles with some sort of lat work?
    Last edited by Odifududix; 02-01-2021 at 06:17 PM.