I saw I conquered I came TheXanderXone's Avatar
    TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000) TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000) TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000) TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000) TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000) TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000) TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000) TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000) TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000) TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000) TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000)

Lost In Life (Srs)

I'm in serious need of advice, Misc. I'm 29 and have no idea what to do with my life.
    Background:
    BBA Economics graduated in 2015 (UGA)
    Worked low-level sales jobs for 4 years
    Worked as a tradie for a year, got laid off
    Currently unemployed
    Live in south GA, but will relocate anywhere
    I hated sales with a passion. I have always gotten along great with my co-workers, but when it comes to persuading prospective clients I'm a wreck. I have been applying for a ton of jobs on indeed and it hasn't been worth fuk all. The bottom line is I am willing to do whatever it takes to get out of this situation, I just have no direction. Any of you guys have any advice? Especially if you're in Atlanta. That's where all the good jobs seem to be in this state. Thanks in advance brahs.
    ***Georgia Crew***

"I saw a woman wearing a sweatshirt with Guess on it. I said, thyroid problem?" Arnold Schwarzenegger

"We're not through yet." Patrick Bateman

TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000) TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000) TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000) TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000) TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000) TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000) TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000) TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000) TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000) TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000) TheXanderXone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bump
    ***Georgia Crew***

"I saw a woman wearing a sweatshirt with Guess on it. I said, thyroid problem?" Arnold Schwarzenegger

AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What kind of jobs do you want to do? Sucks to be in this position at 29 but sounds like you're gonna need a fresh start. I'd start off by going back to school and working on an education in a field you enjoy. Plenty of normal schools doing online only now so it's easy to get a degree from home.

I'd also get a low level job in your dream field - gotta start at the bottom. Maybe work on some type of professional certificate or something so you can get a lower level job to build from.
    "If in my say 80 years on earth I do more help than damage, then I feel complete."

"I feel grateful every day I wake up, I know I’m already on borrowed time"

-Snailsrus aka Lauren Kelly RIP

Originally Posted by AgRyan View Post
    What kind of jobs do you want to do? Sucks to be in this position at 29 but sounds like you're gonna need a fresh start. I'd start off by going back to school and working on an education in a field you enjoy. Plenty of normal schools doing online only now so it's easy to get a degree from home.

I'd also get a low level job in your dream field - gotta start at the bottom. Maybe work on some type of professional certificate or something so you can get a lower level job to build from.
    I did enjoy working outdoors and I like the idea of building things, so I think I would enjoy project management. Then I could eventually get my general contractor's license. Just don't like the idea of having to go into more student loan debt just to get a job, but I've applied to hundreds of jobs in construction (estimator, assistant project manager, etc) and got nowhere. They all want relevant experience, which I don't have. Thanks for the advice.
    ***Georgia Crew***

Originally Posted by SkyDiveNoob99 View Post
    It´s hard to give any direction to you when we don´t know what you like.

So, I´m just gonna tell one of my plans. Get a job in a rural place on a cabin on top of a mountain so I can get a break from this clown world, and just meditate and do maintance work on whatever the job requires.

I also have an office job degree like you, but working in an office seems like hell to me.
    I don't mind working in an office, so long as the money is the right shade of green. That's why I struggled in sales; sucked at it and kept going broke.
    ***Georgia Crew***

dontstopbelief has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dontstopbelief has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dontstopbelief has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dontstopbelief has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dontstopbelief has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dontstopbelief has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dontstopbelief has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dontstopbelief has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dontstopbelief has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dontstopbelief has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dontstopbelief has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's tough man, what do u want out of life what's important to you?

I would try alot of different things to gauge what works for you.

Originally Posted by dontstopbelief View Post
    That's tough man, what do u want out of life what's important to you?

I would try alot of different things to gauge what works for you.
    It sucks, but I put myself in this situation, so I can get myself out. It's just finding the direction that's the difficult part. As far as what I want, I'd like to have a stable job that I can at least tolerate with good income so I can meet a nice girl and have a family (a crapshoot in this day and age). Unfortunately, I've never even had a girlfriend (srs). I've been miserable so long I forgot what it's like to enjoy life.
    ***Georgia Crew***

TrainLegsBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) TrainLegsBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) TrainLegsBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) TrainLegsBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) TrainLegsBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) TrainLegsBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) TrainLegsBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) TrainLegsBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) TrainLegsBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) TrainLegsBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) TrainLegsBrahs is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TheXanderXone View Post
    It sucks, but I put myself in this situation, so I can get myself out. It's just finding the direction that's the difficult part. As far as what I want, I'd like to have a stable job that I can at least tolerate with good income so I can meet a nice girl and have a family (a crapshoot in this day and age). Unfortunately, I've never even had a girlfriend (srs). I've been miserable so long I forgot what it's like to enjoy life.
    While it would require going back to school, what about some form of engineering? Many disciplines would allow you to be outdoors overseeing projects and such. I was in a similar position 4 years ago and chose nursing because I was panicked at the time and I knew I could make it work... but in retrospect I wish I'd spent more time considering it... Think I would've landed in civil or even software engineering.

What I really needed in the moment though- cause I was in a really bad place, was to set a goal and have something to pursue. While I was unhappy with my "student" status the whole time, it was tolerable knowing I was making progress towards a worthwhile, end goal.. which I'm actually reaching next week.

Spend some serious time considering what you find meaningful and fulfilling... then find a career that will allow you to be involved with it at least some way that will make an income you're comfortable with

Don't lose hope!
    Miscin' since 07

H00J has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) H00J has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) H00J has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) H00J has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) H00J has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) H00J has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) H00J has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) H00J has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) H00J has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) H00J has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) H00J has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Damn son

I’m also 29 and need a change

Just quit my NDT tradie job after 6 years

Went to culinary school after HS
    Only worked in that **** for like 3 years

U have an education though

Just tried Amazon delivery and quit in 1 day (srs)

**** was gay as fuk

BRB being recorded non stop

Have to be logged in to a stupid group chat app 24/7 (srs)

Nah fuk that y’all got me fukked up

Indeed sucks balls

Originally Posted by TrainLegsBrahs View Post
    While it would require going back to school, what about some form of engineering? Many disciplines would allow you to be outdoors overseeing projects and such. I was in a similar position 4 years ago and chose nursing because I was panicked at the time and I knew I could make it work... but in retrospect I wish I'd spent more time considering it... Think I would've landed in civil or even software engineering.

What I really needed in the moment though- cause I was in a really bad place, was to set a goal and have something to pursue. While I was unhappy with my "student" status the whole time, it was tolerable knowing I was making progress towards a worthwhile, end goal.. which I'm actually reaching next week.

Spend some serious time considering what you find meaningful and fulfilling... then find a career that will allow you to be involved with it at least some way that will make an income you're comfortable with

Don't lose hope!
    That is great advice man. Thank you. I have actually been seriously considering civil engineering for a while now because it would allow me to become a practicing engineer, project manager or develop a path to a general contractor's license and start my own construction company down the road. And I'm right there with you on having a goal to pursue. I think it would provide me a lot of direction and drive. Congrats on becoming a nurse! That is a great field. I have several friends who pursued that route and they are doing really well and really like the field. Also, you can eventually become a nurse practitioner or nurse anesthetist and make big bucks. Thanks for the advice brah!
    ***Georgia Crew***

Originally Posted by H00J View Post
    Damn son

I’m also 29 and need a change

Just quit my NDT tradie job after 6 years

Went to culinary school after HS
    Only worked in that **** for like 3 years

U have an education though

Just tried Amazon delivery and quit in 1 day (srs)

**** was gay as fuk

BRB being recorded non stop

Have to be logged in to a stupid group chat app 24/7 (srs)

Nah fuk that y’all got me fukked up

Indeed sucks balls
    I hear you man, but at least we know we're not the only ones in this situation. We just have to figure it out. We're all gonna make it brah! (srs)
    ***Georgia Crew***

Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheXanderXone View Post
    I'm in serious need of advice, Misc. I'm 29 and have no idea what to do with my life.
    Background:
    BBA Economics graduated in 2015 (UGA)
    Worked low-level sales jobs for 4 years
    Worked as a tradie for a year, got laid off
    Currently unemployed
    Live in south GA, but will relocate anywhere
    I hated sales with a passion. I have always gotten along great with my co-workers, but when it comes to persuading prospective clients I'm a wreck. I have been applying for a ton of jobs on indeed and it hasn't been worth fuk all. The bottom line is I am willing to do whatever it takes to get out of this situation, I just have no direction. Any of you guys have any advice? Especially if you're in Atlanta. That's where all the good jobs seem to be in this state. Thanks in advance brahs.
    Brah, You have a FOOKING BBA with a minor in econ which is one of my dream achievements if I could go back and redo things and your dumb@ss is working on the tools with some degenerate boozers and literally some of the least intelligent and successful people SRS I don't even wanna touch on the sales portion

I'll give you some advice SRS

LAY DOWN AND ROT, TOURS OVER SWEET PRINCE SRS.

You must have the highest estrogen levels of any man to be so pathetic SRS you literally disgust me and I am repulsed at your low energy PATHETIC life you should be ASHAMED SRS I am not kidding.
    Last edited by Realclout; 05-03-2021 at 06:51 PM.
    - Keep the misc great again

- Watch my poo flush while holding the plunger to make sure I don't flood the bathroom crew.

- You can be REALCLOUT too VIA the REALCLOUT text GENERATOR sponsored BY miscmathematician SRS

Click here ----------------> https://js.do/caffeinatedlogic/50858

The world is YOURS boyos.

Astra5H is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Astra5H is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Astra5H is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Astra5H is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Astra5H is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Astra5H is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Astra5H is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Astra5H is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Astra5H is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Astra5H is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Astra5H is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by h00j View Post
    damn son

i’m also 29 and need a change

just quit my ndt tradie job after 6 years

went to culinary school after hs
    only worked in that **** for like 3 years

u have an education though

just tried amazon delivery and quit in 1 day (srs)

**** was gay as fuk

brb being recorded non stop

have to be logged in to a stupid group chat app 24/7 (srs)

nah fuk that y’all got me fukked up

indeed sucks balls
    lmao

Casser1242 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Casser1242 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Casser1242 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Casser1242 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Casser1242 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Casser1242 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Casser1242 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Casser1242 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Casser1242 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Casser1242 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Casser1242 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Go away alone for a few weeks and switch off, find yourself, have a think about what you really like to do. Sometimes you need serious head space when your feeling lost and not sure where your going. That's how I would approach things first before making a decisions.