Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Newbie Here Needing Expert Advice

Hi,

I am relatively new to weightlifting, and I want some advice.

My outcome is for my body to look like Chris Heria's body or Bradd Pitt in fight club

I like the low BF percentage look, and by low I mean around 10-13 percent range, I am not looking for a bulky look.

I have been walking/running an hour + every other day, and lifting weights 4 days a week.

I usually workout lats, legs, and do a few bicep exercises. I've been doing this for a few months, and have considerable muscle growth, I just feel that I am not on the right track to my goal.

My current weight/nutrition/progress/macros

Macros;

40% Carbs
    30% Protein
    30% Fats

Weight; 185 pounds

I am consuming around 1600 to 1700 calories a day;

151 grams of carbs, 29 grams of fiber, 27 grams of sugar, 36 grams of fat, 7 grams saturated fat, 36 mg of cholesterol.

I am open to ANY advice that helps me move towards my goal I am a bit lost.

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    "My outcome is for my body to look like Chris Heria's body" - well, his body might be a good choice. His face... yeah, not so much. His advices... well, as bad as his face.

"I usually workout lats, legs, and do a few bicep exercises." - I assume you are already satisfied with your chest, delts and tris, right?

" I've been doing this for a few months, and have considerable muscle growth, I just feel that I am not on the right track to my goal." - so you have gained considerable muscles in these months, but you are not on the right track? please do tell more!
    I like to learn from the mistakes of the people who take my advice.

Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rxxxyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    "My outcome is for my body to look like Chris Heria's body" - well, his body might be a good choice. His face... yeah, not so much. His advices... well, as bad as his face.

"I usually workout lats, legs, and do a few bicep exercises." - I assume you are already satisfied with your chest, delts and tris, right?

" I've been doing this for a few months, and have considerable muscle growth, I just feel that I am not on the right track to my goal." - so you have gained considerable muscles in these months, but you are not on the right track? please do tell more!
    Lol, interesting way of giving advice, but I'll take it.

I asked my question, because I do not know anyone interested in fitness IRL. So, I have no clue on feedback as to whether I am heading in the right direction or not.

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How tall are you?

Building muscle takes time and consistency. Guys with ripped physiques build lots of muscle and then cut off the fat to reveal the muscle. If you try to stay too lean, then you won't give your body enough calories to build muscle, and then you'll just look underdeveloped. Don't get overweight, but be prepared to go through cycles of bulk-cut.

Probably you need a good structured program to build muscle in the most efficient way. Check out Fierce 5, Candito Linear, Greg Nuckols, Vikings, AllPros.
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You haven't said anything about your training to give a solid picture of what you're doing, only that you're doing some exercises for some body parts.

Originally Posted by Rxxxyan View Post
    Macros;

40% Carbs
    30% Protein
    30% Fats

Weight; 185 pounds

151 grams of carbs, 29 grams of fiber, 27 grams of sugar, 36 grams of fat, 7 grams saturated fat, 36 mg of cholesterol.
    You need to nail down your diet a lot better.

1) Don't use percentages. It limits flexibility if you adhere to them too closely.
    2) The carb to fat grams you list is a 2:1 ratio when converted to calories and not the 4:3 ratio you have with your percent breakdown. They add up to ~900 calories, meaning you need 700 calories of protein to get to 1600 calories. That's 40% of calories, not the 30% in your breakdown.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lol, interesting way of giving advice, but I'll take it.

I asked my question, because I do not know anyone interested in fitness IRL. So, I have no clue on feedback as to whether I am heading in the right direction or not.
    OK! English is not my primary language, but, from my understanding, you said that:
    1. in those few months you have gained considerable muscle mass. Yes or no?
    2. you feel that you are not on the right track.

Now, my question is: why do you feel that you are not on the right track?

Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    OK! English is not my primary language, but, from my understanding, you said that:
    1. in those few months you have gained considerable muscle mass. Yes or no?
    2. you feel that you are not on the right track.

Now, my question is: why do you feel that you are not on the right track?
    1. Yes, considerable compared to where I was before, so it may not be considerable by your definition lol.

2. I feel I am not on the right track, because I feel that if I am going to the gym for 4 days a week for a few months I should be pretty jacked. Maybe my expectations are inaccurate, which is why I am asking for feedback/advise.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    You haven't said anything about your training to give a solid picture of what you're doing, only that you're doing some exercises for some body parts.

You need to nail down your diet a lot better.

1) Don't use percentages. It limits flexibility if you adhere to them too closely.
    2) The carb to fat grams you list is a 2:1 ratio when converted to calories and not the 4:3 ratio you have with your percent breakdown. They add up to ~900 calories, meaning you need 700 calories of protein to get to 1600 calories. That's 40% of calories, not the 30% in your breakdown.
    Can you point me to any examples like youtube videos/articles/pay programs, so I can nail down my diet better.

Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    How tall are you?

Building muscle takes time and consistency. Guys with ripped physiques build lots of muscle and then cut off the fat to reveal the muscle. If you try to stay too lean, then you won't give your body enough calories to build muscle, and then you'll just look underdeveloped. Don't get overweight, but be prepared to go through cycles of bulk-cut.

Probably you need a good structured program to build muscle in the most efficient way. Check out Fierce 5, Candito Linear, Greg Nuckols, Vikings, AllPros.
    I'm 5,11 & 185 pounds.

Thanks for the program recommendations I'll check them out.

1. Yes, considerable compared to where I was before, so it may not be considerable by your definition lol.

2. I feel I am not on the right track, because I feel that if I am going to the gym for 4 days a week for a few months I should be pretty jacked. Maybe my expectations are inaccurate, which is why I am asking for feedback/advise.
    No, you should not be pretty jacked.
    It takes a few years, not months, and hard work + nutrition on point.

Brad Pitt had some decent muscle mass and very low body fat. Also, good genetics!
    Plus angles, camera shots, lights, oils and so on.

If you are making gains, keep doing what you are doing.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if this was the case, everyone would be "pretty jacked". you can surely see some progress in a few months, but getting jacked means years of work

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    if this was the case, everyone would be "pretty jacked". you can surely see some progress in a few months, but getting jacked means years of work
    Nice bod man.

Do you have a thread where you describe your meal plan/workout routine? I'd def want to emulate it.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice bod man.

Do you have a thread where you describe your meal plan/workout routine? I'd def want to emulate it.
    thanks! a few things i want to point out:

1. my avi uses the best possible lighting and angle to really bring out the definition, so it's not even close to how i look "naturally". i'm probably 11-12% bf in that pic

2. we don't really recommend meal plans here because they're not flexible enough. i personally eat pretty much anything to hit my calories as long as it doesn't leave me hungry, making sure to hit at least 110-120 grams of protein. when bulking, ~200 calorie surplus (= lean bulk)

3. workout routine: over the journey i've done Fierce 5 Novice, Fierce 5 Upper/Lower, GreySkull LP, and currently PHUL. i'd suggest Fierce 5 Novice for a beginner.

4. some background: i've been lifting since september 2018, bulked too eagerly and ended up having to cut for 9 months (march-december 2020) while losing strength. normally it would've been like 3 months of cutting, so in a way i wasted half a year of potential gains because i had to cut some extra fat. do not make the same mistake

Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000) Animal2692 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi,

I am relatively new to weightlifting, and I want some advice.

My outcome is for my body to look like Chris Heria's body or Bradd Pitt in fight club

I like the low BF percentage look, and by low I mean around 10-13 percent range, I am not looking for a bulky look.

I have been walking/running an hour + every other day, and lifting weights 4 days a week.

I usually workout lats, legs, and do a few bicep exercises. I've been doing this for a few months, and have considerable muscle growth, I just feel that I am not on the right track to my goal.

My current weight/nutrition/progress/macros

Macros;

40% Carbs
    30% Protein
    30% Fats

Weight; 185 pounds

I am open to ANY advice that helps me move towards my goal I am a bit lost.
    Are you cutting? 1700 is what I eat to lose 1lb a week for my height.
    "The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." -Sigmund Freud
    "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -Leonardo da Vinci

Originally Posted by Animal2692 View Post
    Are you cutting? 1700 is what I eat to lose 1lb a week for my height.
    Yeah, like I said I am wanting to go for Brad Pitt body look, with very low body fat.