metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50)

3x6 sets and pull subs on the Beginner Powerbuilding Routine?

I like how barebones this full body routine is and enjoy how squats alternate with deadlift unlike Stronglifts or ICF (I usually prefer to do deadlifts fresh and fully recovered). I am concerned with the 5+ 4 3 2 1 programming for the lower body lifts. I know that if I go ham on the 5 + set, I'm absolutely fatigued to get in quality reps when I add 10 lbs. Are there any issues in keeping in 3 x 6+ like the other main lifts.

Regarding the pulls, Workout A has AMRAP Chins at the end while Workout B has One Arm DB Rows. Could I do underhand Lat Pulldowns instead of Chins and do One Arm Rows with the HS Iso Lateral Row machine?

leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Of course you could

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Check your local bylaws.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Check your local bylaws.
    This forum is my local bylaw. Whatever is stated must be gospel amirite?

I'm guess these adjustments ain't that serious as long as heavy compounds make up 90% of the work.

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000) GrouchyUSMC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by metallick View Post
    I like how barebones this full body routine is and enjoy how squats alternate with deadlift unlike Stronglifts or ICF (I usually prefer to do deadlifts fresh and fully recovered). I am concerned with the 5+ 4 3 2 1 programming for the lower body lifts. I know that if I go ham on the 5 + set, I'm absolutely fatigued to get in quality reps when I add 10 lbs. Are there any issues in keeping in 3 x 6+ like the other main lifts.

Regarding the pulls, Workout A has AMRAP Chins at the end while Workout B has One Arm DB Rows. Could I do underhand Lat Pulldowns instead of Chins and do One Arm Rows with the HS Iso Lateral Row machine?
    You won't go to BB.com Hell for doing it, but if you're worried about doing too much on the set of 5+, just hit 6 and call it a win.

Yes, you can substitute it, but if there's no good reason you shouldn't be doing chin ups or one arm DB rows, I would try them out first.

Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    You won't go to BB.com Hell for doing it, but if you're worried about doing too much on the set of 5+, just hit 6 and call it a win.

Yes, you can substitute it, but if there's no good reason you shouldn't be doing chin ups or one arm DB rows, I would try them out first.
    Dont get me wrong, those are great excercises. It’s just that after rows, my back is fatigued to do more than 2 chin ups (I can do at least 6 when fresh). As for db rows, I feel it better a better contraction using an iso-lateral machine, but that’s just me personally.