JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000) JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000) JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000) JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000) JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000) JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000) JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000) JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000) JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000) JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000) JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000)

Is it possible for the face to store water?

Quick question, can a week or two of eating like crap and gaining 15lbs make a noticeable difference in the face? Can ones face go from looking relatively lean to sort of chubby with a slight double chin?

Also, is it true that fat and water gain are often difficult to differentiate in terms of how it looks?

Normally I adhere to a strict diet but the past two weeks visiting family I let myself go a little too far and put on 15lbs which appears to be legitimate fat. The only parts of my body that still look lean are my arms and legs. But my face and abdominal area look completely different compared to pre vacation.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yes, skin hydration over the whole body varies.

Yes, in the short term, its easy to confuse weight changes due to water vs. fat. Except that fat has to be explained by a 3500 calorie surplus (or deficit) for every lb.

401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I will answer your question this way:

There are lean people whose faces can appear more "puffy" from one day to the next, mostly around their eyes, and it's not because they're fat.

If you're a fat person it is probably just some of your neck fat that drained into your face while you were asleep.

JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000) JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000) JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000) JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000) JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000) JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000) JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000) JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000) JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000) JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000) JustCallMeJonny is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Yes, skin hydration over the whole body varies.

Yes, in the short term, its easy to confuse weight changes due to water vs. fat. Except that fat has to be explained by a 3500 calorie surplus (or deficit) for every lb.
    It’s just hard to believe that even two weeks of bad eating can suddenly blow my face up. How long would it take to get back to normal?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by JustCallMeJonny View Post
    It’s just hard to believe that even two weeks of bad eating can suddenly blow my face up. How long would it take to get back to normal?
    Hydration can change overnight. No idea, couple of days maybe. You'll probably find that not all of that 15lbs sticks either.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Hydration can change overnight. No idea, couple of days maybe. You'll probably find that not all of that 15lbs sticks either.
    Hopefully it’s not too much fat. Have you personally experienced such a drastic gain ?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    15lb gain in 2 weeks is no small thing. Why wouldn't you expect it to show in your face?

Don't discount trolling based on post history.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hopefully it’s not too much fat. Have you personally experienced such a drastic gain ?
    were you drinking alcohol a lot?
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    were you drinking alcohol a lot?
    Just a lot of high sodium and sugary foods.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    15lb gain in 2 weeks is no small thing. Why wouldn't you expect it to show in your face?

Don't discount trolling based on post history.
    I always thought water weight only affects the abdominal area, I didn’t think my face would change, especially enough to form a slight double chin

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just a lot of high sodium and sugary foods.
    weird drinking always used to make my face puffy but I don’t drink anymore

I mean you could have gained that much if you were eating 3,750 roughly more a day in surplus calories

You’re probably holding water from dehydration
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    weird drinking always used to make my face puffy but I don’t drink anymore

I mean you could have gained that much if you were eating 3,750 roughly more a day in surplus calories

You’re probably holding water from dehydration
    Yeah every time I've gained notably has been during pretty regular drinking - cutting that out even by itself makes a big and swift difference.

But eating thousands and thousands *above* your maintenance for weeks would take some concerted effort...
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I see you're back trolling AGAIN Jonny...

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Yeah every time I've gained notably has been during pretty regular drinking - cutting that out even by itself makes a big and swift difference.

But eating thousands and thousands *above* your maintenance for weeks would take some concerted effort...
    Before I got sober, during the worst of my drinking I was actually the lightest I was in my entire life. I literally was just living off gin. But, due to chronic dehydration and probably kidney issues I would retain water and wake up with a crazy puffy face and eyes.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    I see you're back trolling AGAIN Jonny...
    I’m not

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Before I got sober, during the worst of my drinking I was actually the lightest I was in my entire life. I literally was just living off gin. But, due to chronic dehydration and probably kidney issues I would retain water and wake up with a crazy puffy face and eyes.
    Huh, interesting. Apparently alcohol itself cannot be metabolized as fat, so if you weren't hardly eating at all, otherwise, that would make enough sense. Glad you saw it through that though.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I always thought water weight only affects the abdominal area, I didn’t think my face would change, especially enough to form a slight double chin
    The hypothetical you got fatter in 2 weeks. Who knows what's going on with the real you.

The theoretical you got fatter in 2 weeks. Who knows what's going on with the real you.

What would even be the difference? Would it be probably 5lbs of pure fat?

What would even be the difference?
    The fictional character got fat. The real troll is laughing his ass off at us and we have no idea if that ass is fat or not.

The fictional character got fat. The real troll is laughing his ass off at us and we have no idea if that ass is fat or not.
    I’m just asking if I gained like 10lbs of straight fat in 2 weeks

Let's just say yes and move on. Have a great day.

Let's just say yes and move on. Have a great day.
    Seriously?