tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Training Frequency

I have been training Tues/Thurs/Sat every week. My routine is full body. That schedule is giving me Sunday and Monday off. I want to lift more. I don't see a point in having back to back rest days. Can I just do one day on one day off and forget about the fact that there are 7 days in a week? Would that impact my growth/progression? For example, week 1 I train T/Th/S, week 2 I train M/W/F, then week 3 back to T/Th/S and so on and so forth.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You can do full body workouts every day if you manage your workload.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50) tjcashmoney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    You can do full body workouts every day if you manage your workload.
    Really???? I would love to lift daily. I thought it would hamper my gains. How do I manage my workload correctly?

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tjcashmoney View Post
    Really???? I would love to lift daily. I thought it would hamper my gains. How do I manage my workload correctly?
    Easiest way, spread a 4 day or 3 day program over the 6 in manageable chunks, and you probably want harder hitting exercises near the start of the week.

I would generally recommend capping at 6 and always keeping that 1 non lifting day. Can always be a gpp, cardio, hiking etc day. Or the day after your usual drinking day in my case xD
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Easiest way, spread a 4 day or 3 day program over the 6 in manageable chunks, and you probably want harder hitting exercises near the start of the week.

I would generally recommend capping at 6 and always keeping that 1 non lifting day. Can always be a gpp, cardio, hiking etc day. Or the day after your usual drinking day in my case xD
    Ah the I can still smell the whiskey and donner meat day
    Eat Pizza and hit rep PRs
    The Intermediate Life
    80kg Lean at 5'6"
    175kg Squat / 115kg Bench / 190kg Deadlift / 80kg Press

HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) HenchManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You'll have to be smart about what you prioritise on each day as you wont be able to do a huge amount of sets to work every muscle group fully every single training day
    Eat Pizza and hit rep PRs
    The Intermediate Life
    80kg Lean at 5'6"
    175kg Squat / 115kg Bench / 190kg Deadlift / 80kg Press

Thank you all. So if I have this right I can split up my full body over 5-6 days, but then I'll need to reduce my intensity. Is that about right? Would my training improve more quickly doing daily, lower intensity full body workouts than doing higher intensity every other day?

I'm still not sure about my original question either. Can I do away with the Sunday/Monday back to back rest days and just alternate every other day without negative impact?