Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Do you think core focused training is necessary?

I see a lot of articles saying that core training is a must (anti-extension, anti-rotation, anti-lateral flexion) and others that say that the core is engaged in squats, deadlifts, bench press, pull ups... what is your opinion and experience on this? Do you do core training or you focus on engaging the core in compounds? And I don’t mean for good looking abs, I mean core strenght.
    One thing I noticed when doing core after compounds (been trying ab rollouts, Pallof presses and overhead Pallof presses) is that it makes me fatigued as hell.

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's really individual whether your core needs extra work. Some people find core is hit enough with compounds and some people find it needs extra work. I personally do very little designated core work. Maybe a couple sets of weighted planks or ab wheel roll outs occasionally

JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If done correctly. Static holds on pull down machine are very good. As is the ab wheel. The rest is fluff.
    Jesus, kang of kangs, accept me into your heart and kangdom.
    Amxn.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    squats, deadlifts, etc train a certain part of your "core" to a degree but obviously there are many parts of it that it doesn't train.

i.e: they don't really train your obliques

necessary is subjective here and goal dependent. I guess if your goal is more "functional" core strength in terms of training specific movement patterns (i.e: anti-rotation) then yes. A lot of this stuff tho usually has to do with correcting specific deficiencies or injury prevention or is prescribed in that manner.
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you’re doing chins, rows, pushups or anything that requires the core to perform its anti-rotation function I think you’d be fine. Obviously if you wanted to really big up the abs some targeted work will be necessary at a certain point.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depends on your goals. Extra core work is always a good idea in my experience. Squats and DLs will work your core almost adequately for squats and DLs. But core will always potentially be a weak link as you move heavier weights in those lifts. Even doing one core exercise like birddogs, deadbugs, planks or side planks pays back a lot of core strength. Turkish get ups are a good diagnostic tool for core strength.

And yes, strength is specific to your goals, but overdoing core work a little bit is better than having it be the weakest link in the chain IMO.
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anecdotal evidence, but I personally see big benefits from dedicated core work.

Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Would doing core work as warm up be detrimental to the big lifts?

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll do some rolling planks for a few weeks if/when I feel my trunk is limiting my squat/dead...

And I might do pushups (another dynamic plank) and l standing heavy band crunchs on my pivot weeks (deload 2.0)

Bracing heavy singles and supramax walkouts does enough for me for the majority of the time.
    Most people will benefit from some core work especially if they are pretty lean.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

Okay I’ll keep doing core work then. Would it make more sense to do it in my lower body or in my upper day?