Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Misc tradies recommend me what electric drill to buy (200k reps) (srs advice needed)

I need to put together some planks to make a ''table'' for the DIY business i'm running. It's really important to me so i'd really appreciate the help.
    The wooden beams are 1.7x2.7 inches thick.

My original idea was to drill screws into it. I bought a new drilling machine, but it either wasn't powerful enough or the screws had the wrong end at the top. Because it wouldn't drill the holes in even the slightest bit. The screws had some weird 6 pointed star at the top so i didn't have the proper screw add on for the drill.

Question 1: If it is possible to easily drill screws into these wooden beams, how strong must the drill be? So i buy a drill that has a battery or should i get a chord one?
    How much power must it have? What should i look for?

Question 2: I also need to drill some holes into my concrete wall to put up some shelves.
    Do i need a specific drill for that? Or can the same ''powerful'' drill that i'll buy for the wood, do the job for the concrete?

Question 3:What is an impact drill? Do i need it? Can an impact drill switch settings from regular to impact?

Question 4
    : Someone recommended i simply use nails instead of screws.
    However the nails that are long enough (4 inches) are all super thick. There's no way i can hammer those through the beams.
    So is drilling the only way or should i look for long thin nails?

Question 5
    : What ''table'' leg is more secure?

Cobra Kai never dies!

Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Buy something like this, and pair it with a screw driver and use a long screw.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...22CT/305491315
    ☠️We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well, that death will tremble to take us.☠️
    🔥Equality is a lie, I am stronger!🔥
    🩸Semen Retention for more aggression and motivation!🩸
    ☠️Death is just an illusion a transition of worlds,don’t fear it for your faith is already in the hands of the Gods.☠️
    🔥Prayers,Rituals,Sacrifices,Symbolism.🔥
    🔥Only those that can control the dark side can ever truly be free.🔥

RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by QuickShotSteve View Post
    Milwaukee m18, dont get anything else

can do wood no problem and concrete. If you are going to do a lot of concrete get an SDS max hammer drill (also milwaukee m18)

Impact driver is fine for screws, but would not use for concrete, the standard drill is more versatile
    this guy knows

Bosch 1-9/16-in SDS-max is the goat for concrete

I do mostly steel though so if you ever need a good mag drill recommendation i'm your man
    still use above drills for misc stuff at work, even burn through steel with the miluak
    ***Canadian Crew***
    S 365 D 585 B 315
    misc resident sky tradie

Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Battlefury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ☠️We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well, that death will tremble to take us.☠️
    ☠️Death is just an illusion a transition of worlds,don’t fear it for your faith is already in the hands of the Gods.☠️

backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Besides the recommended drills, what specifics should i look for? The power, watts, anything? Please educate me. I'm losing a lot of money not being able to put these tables together.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

Originally Posted by backinthegymbro View Post
    Besides the recommended drills, what specifics should i look for? The power, watts, anything? Please educate me. I'm losing a lot of money not being able to put these tables together.
    The stuff that I posted should be good enough, it can last a long time. Wood is easy to drill.

RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RealAesthetic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

recommended miluak will suite all your needs as it's one of the most powerful hand drills for said purpose on the market, almost equally important is what bit you're using and what the dimensions of the hole are.
    ***Canadian Crew***
    S 365 D 585 B 315
    misc resident sky tradie

ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You need an SDS for concrete. Also get the milwaukee dust trap or a good respirator as concrete dust is no good.

You can use a Hammer drill for smaller holes in concrete. Any 18v will have more than enough power for wood screws and small lags

Makita, Dewalt, Ridgid, Milwaukee or even the new Ryobi brushless are good.

If you plan on buying more tools down the road look at what tools are in the battery ecosystem if you plan to expand. I personally have Milwaukee for some things (lights, sawzalls and impacts) and Dewalt for others (saws) and Makita for yet other things (sheet metal nibbler)
    Thanks for your input, you frauding fat slampig-Sirfapsalot '20

Certified Jimmy Rustler

!!Misc Firearms Crew😌!!
    Fuarked Crew
    Tradie Crew
    LOL @ Tradies Crew
    Toxic Male Energy Crew
    JayDawg is a ****git Crew
    Sock with slip on Sandals Crew

Right now drilling through the wooden beams is my top priority. I rather not spend $300 on a drill unless i absolutely have to.
    I'll look into the recommendations. thank you.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisLS8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Right now drilling through the wooden beams is my top priority. I rather not spend $300 on a drill unless i absolutely have to.
    I'll look into the recommendations. thank you.
    Get a hammer drill then it's dual purpose. My M12 and M18 have the ability to switch between regular drilling and Hammer drill for concrete. That way you don't need to get two tools.

Buying good quality german or swiss made bits will save you alot of time and aggravation. (Dewalt, Bosch, Diablo)

Certified Jimmy Rustler

!!Misc Firearms Crew😌!!
    Fuarked Crew
    Tradie Crew
    LOL @ Tradies Crew
    Toxic Male Energy Crew

bigdownunder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigdownunder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigdownunder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigdownunder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigdownunder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigdownunder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigdownunder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigdownunder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigdownunder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigdownunder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigdownunder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just hire a tradie to do the work for you.

They will do a better job, and you won’t be left with a bunch of tools that you only use once every three years.

It will probably be cheaper as well.

steeler505 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steeler505 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steeler505 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steeler505 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steeler505 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steeler505 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steeler505 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steeler505 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steeler505 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steeler505 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steeler505 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

can do wood no problem and concrete. If you are going to do a lot of concrete get an SDS max hammer drill (also milwaukee m18)

Impact driver is fine for screws, but would not use for concrete, the standard drill is more versatile
    i gotta say boyo
    that is one good lookin drill
    **Misc. Pureblood Crew**
    **No Hymen No Diamond Crew**
    **Russia/anti-degen Crew**
    **Her anus tint tells you everything you need to about her Crew**

Auto-negging posts with instagram/tiktok links and not embedding a single image

Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kay4Kool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Makita crew

Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

The M12 impact is awesome too. I have one of these at work and at home. The one at work has had so many hot suppers and is going strong. I mean I have really been hard on that thing and it just won't quit. I had to buy one for myself.

Need to send a torx head screw through many inches of wood? No problemo muchacho

usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Is this wooden beam structural?

IronFeta has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) IronFeta has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) IronFeta has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) IronFeta has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) IronFeta has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) IronFeta has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) IronFeta has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) IronFeta has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) IronFeta has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) IronFeta has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) IronFeta has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Use a Phillips screw driver and get an awesome arm workout

Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

This^^^

If you're doing a lot of concrete drilling a hammer drill combo is the way to go. Just make sure you drill in straight.

You also might need anchors or epoxy to hold the shelve screws in place.
    Subhan Allah

Muslim Crew

What's the difference between these drills? With one, you get 2 drills for the same price. Are these lesser quality ones?

Cobra Kai never dies!

What's the difference between these drills? With one, you get 2 drills for the same price. Are these lesser quality ones?

Second ones are Brushless as well and are the older model.

The Fuel M18s are Brushless, way more power and heaps better than the old versions. Also check out Zoro.com for deals on tools

Are you planning on getting more tools down the road?

Certified Jimmy Rustler

!!Misc Firearms Crew😌!!
    Fuarked Crew
    Tradie Crew
    LOL @ Tradies Crew
    Toxic Male Energy Crew

JonEh10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JonEh10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JonEh10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JonEh10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JonEh10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JonEh10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JonEh10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JonEh10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JonEh10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JonEh10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JonEh10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Honestly just run to Home Depot and get this

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-18...1813/300225309

Ryobi brushless tools are plenty quality for a guy using em at home. There are even guys on job sites using em

Or this

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-1...9205/206127587

Certified Jimmy Rustler

!!Misc Firearms Crew😌!!
    Fuarked Crew
    Tradie Crew
    LOL @ Tradies Crew
    Toxic Male Energy Crew

nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nickh04 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^ This.

If you aren't gonna be using them to make a living, then I would suggest Ryobi or Ridgid. They are a lot cheaper then brands like dewalt/milwaukee and they will do the job just fine.

I've used ridgid for years and never had a problem with them. They are just bulky and heavy compared to others.
    -MS Paint/Chop crew
    -GIF crew
    -Tradie crew
    -No mask/vaccine crew

Neg on site for reddit and tiktok threads dedsrs

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dewalts are good. Only need to buy one and you’re forever good.

How big are the screws? Hopefully you’re gonna remember to drill some pilot holes and then put those screws in - you may crack the wood otherwise. Ask me how I know
    **^^ gone ^^**

Originally Posted by nickh04 View Post
    ^ This.

If you aren't gonna be using them to make a living, then I would suggest Ryobi or Ridgid. They are a lot cheaper then brands like dewalt/milwaukee and they will do the job just fine.

I've used ridgid for years and never had a problem with them. They are just bulky and heavy compared to others.

I just need a drill that will work. Whether it's cheap or expensive. But i need to get the job done.
    It would be nice to have a drill that's versatile enough to drill through wood and concrete so i don't have to order 2. But right now drilling in wood is the most imortant.

Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    Dewalts are good. Only need to buy one and you’re forever good.

How big are the screws? Hopefully you’re gonna remember to drill some pilot holes and then put those screws in - you may crack the wood otherwise.
    The screws are 4 inches. I need to drill through 2 inch of wood.

Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    . Ask me how I know
    How'd you know?
    Cobra Kai never dies!

BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BootneckBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For home DIY a cheap Bosch 18v combi got you covered fam.

For actual workhorses, Milwaukee, Hilti, Makita and DeWalt are professional choices.

You don’t need those in your home toolbox though unless, like me, you’re a label queen.

My personal preference is for Makita for durability and versatility vs Price
    Per Mare Per Terram crew*
    No ********/twitter/oestrogen network crew*
    Rugby league crew*
    Matchmaker @ 72 virgins dating service crew*

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just need a drill that will work. Whether it's cheap or expensive. But i need to get the job done.
    It would be nice to have a drill that's versatile enough to drill through wood and concrete so i don't have to order 2. But right now drilling in wood is the most imortant.

The screws are 4 inches. I need to drill through 2 inch of wood.

How'd you know?
    Any drill really can do the job - my first drill was $20 and I bought it on sale at CVS or some chit. But battery lasted me a year or two with minimal use.

So any drill will do the job - how? You need to use the right drill bit. For wood and drywall you can use any drill bit really but using the right one makes it just right. For concrete and steel
    And tile, specially porcelain and you need to for sure have the right bits or you’ll be breaking bits and getting really frustrated.

To screw stuff in, make sure the bit you use fits real snug into the screw. It will give your bit and screw maximal contact and your drill machine should not pop out of there abs have a solid screw-in action. This is important when working with aluminum/steel as the screws are usually on there very tight with anti-slip liquid on there (the blue stuff you find on machines screwed). This will save you bits and also stripped screw heads

About the how I know - lol - well I thought it’s only a small screw - and I went to town with it. It cracked the wood. If you’re hanging a pic you’re ok but if you’re putting thick screws in, order I’ll a pilot hole. Depending on how thick (wide not long) the screw is, you’ll want a hole maybe half the width of the screw to get a snug fit. But I’m no wood expert so do your own research. I’m just a self taugh handyman who likes to do as much as possible by himself. If a job will take more than an hour and a half I get a handyman or professional in.
    **^^ gone ^^**

If you want good phillips bits if you can order online I use Vega 1" PH2 bits, they work better than anything I've used in years of being a tradie.

If possible try to buy Torx or Robertson (square drive) bits, they cam out alot less and are easier to drive in than phillips. For whatever reason they never really caught on.

I convinced my company to start the switch over to Torx drive

Certified Jimmy Rustler

!!Misc Firearms Crew😌!!
    Fuarked Crew
    Tradie Crew
    LOL @ Tradies Crew
    Toxic Male Energy Crew

TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The "star" looking top is called a torx bit. As far as drills people have already mentioned Milwaukee which is top tier and DeWalt is up there too. If you want to go a little cheaper Makita is really good. I have a Makita drill from the 80s that's still going strong. If you wanna go even cheaper Ryobi is good. I've got a Ryobi drill that I've used for years and even drilled through concrete walls a couple times to hang stuff at my wife's office

Originally Posted by ChrisLS8 View Post
    If you want good phillips bits if you can order online I use Vega 1" PH2 bits, they work better than anything I've used in years of being a tradie.

If possible try to buy Torx or Robertson (square drive) bits, they cam out alot less and are easier to drive in than phillips. For whatever reason they never really caught on.

I convinced my company to start the switch over to Torx drive
    Phillips head are supposed to slip. They work well in applications where you don't want to overtorque the screw.
    6'2"

OMAD results: 2/15/19-235, 10/13/19-190

OHP-205 Bench- 245 Squat - 405 C&J - 245

2021 Spring cut: 195lbs starting weight

Originally Posted by TBO1313 View Post
    The "star" looking top is called a torx bit. As far as drills people have already mentioned Milwaukee which is top tier and DeWalt is up there too. If you want to go a little cheaper Makita is really good. I have a Makita drill from the 80s that's still going strong. If you wanna go even cheaper Ryobi is good. I've got a Ryobi drill that I've used for years and even drilled through concrete walls a couple times to hang stuff at my wife's office

Phillips head are supposed to slip. They work well in applications where you don't want to overtorque the screw.
    To a degree but low quality bits won't even drive a 4" screw halfway before they start camming and stripping the screw. I drive literally 1-2k phillips heads a day if I'm in the field helping out.

90% of screws available at home improvement stores are....phillips and Phillips doesn't exist outside the US because they are chit and everyone else is smarter than us. When I get the choice I will pick Torx 10/10 times.

Certified Jimmy Rustler

!!Misc Firearms Crew😌!!
    Fuarked Crew
    Tradie Crew
    LOL @ Tradies Crew
    Toxic Male Energy Crew

CEO of the Unified Fund ErnieMccracken's Avatar
    ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think it's time to expand your product range, brah.