nhelms81 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Need insight to enhance weight loss

Hello everyone. I'm in need of some insight with my weight loss and muscle building journey. A little background: 40yr old male, 5'7 , 222 lbs. I started working out 4-5 days per week this past December and also completely changed my diet. I am getting much stronger, but I haven't lost a single pound, and I'm left confused. I am in a significant caloric deficit per day, and to maintain my weight, I need approximately 2700-2900 cal per day. Here are my average daily macro: 1700-1900 cal, 180g protein, 45-60g fat, 100-130g carbs. I calculate this often, so it's pretty accurate. As stated previously, I workout hard 4 days per week and my strength has increased exponentially, quite literally. But, I just don't understand how I've not lost a single pound. My goal weight is 170, and I do have a naturally muscular frame, although it's obviously a bit pudgy now. My only guess is that for this last 7 weeks, I've put on serious muscle mass that cancels out weight loss. Since I have a muscular frame, I know I'll never be "skinny"but I do not want to be 220 lbs of solid muscle either lol... Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from you all. Cheers!

VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50) VySingh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're most likely counting incorrectly. We're the same height and you're only a few years older than me I'm cutting just fine on 2000

Post a picture
    Instagram: VySingh

Youtube: VySingh

I speak from experience AND ONLY from experience

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it's not a deficit if you're not losing weight

make sure you're counting correctly. if that doesn't work, eat less or move more. that's all there is to it i'm afraid

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You don’t need anywhere near that much protein. 45 is too low for fat and you’re eating to much. Eat less and you’ll lose weight
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    You don’t need anywhere near that much protein. 45 is too low for fat and you’re eating to much. Eat less and you’ll lose weight
    How many grams of protein and fat do you recommend? Thank you.

Originally Posted by VySingh View Post
    You're most likely counting incorrectly. We're the same height and you're only a few years older than me I'm cutting just fine on 2000

Post a picture
    I posted a couple pics in my profile but can't figure out how to post any to the thread.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    As has been previously said in this thread, you are NOT in a consistent deficit if you are not losing weight. That's science.

Are you having cheat days/weekends?

How are you measuring your food re: calorie count. EVERYTHING counts. You are miscounting somehow.
    Last edited by CommitmentRulz; 01-23-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    As has been previously said in this thread, you are NOT in a consistent deficit if you are not losing weight. That's science.

Are you having cheat days/weekends?

How are you measuring your food re: calorie count. EVERYTHING counts. You are miscounting somehow.
    I'll recalculate my calories for the entirety of next week, but I have been vigilant. I don't do cheat days, but will have a few cheat meals through the week. Nothing insane though. I also don't drink alcohol, juice, pop, eat candy, etc...My breakfast every day includes a fruit smoothie (blueberry, yogurt, almond milk), lunch is veggies with chicken, and dinner is variable. But between breakfast and lunch, calories don't exceed 800, leaving me with 2,100 to maintain weight. I absolutely do not intake 2,100 calories during dinner, whether it be a normal or cheat meal. I snack on veggies and hummus post lunch, but definitely don't gorge out on that. IDK, like I said, I'll calculate it all again for the entirety of next week but despite the lack of results, I swear I'm not consuming much at all. I ate like crap and in much larger proportions for the last year and hadn't gained a pound. I just feel like I'm missing something, although everyone seems to say the same thing.