Thread: I need advice

random12467 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I need advice

I’m looking for some fitness advice. I currently am a freshman in college and I wrestle. I’m 6’2 and 225lbs. My coaches and I decided it was best for me to make the transition to heavyweight (Max 285 lbs.) collegiate heavy weight wrestling can be brutal and most guys are very large, strong, heavy dudes, and I can’t compete only weighing 225. I know I want to put on a MINIMUM of 40 pounds over the next 8 months, and I need to get as strong as possible, however I still want to keep my athletic ability and not become a complete pud. I’ve heard that I need to be at 4K calories, I’ve heard 6k, 8k+ calories. What should my calories/macros look like? I also know I need to spend most of my time in the gym, even though I already do. What should my training split look like? I’ve thought about going 3 days a week high volume and 3 days a week strength training, but I’ve also heard that this is ineffective and that I should train in fazes, 8-12 weeks hypertrophy first, and then focus on strength training after. What is best for my bulking journey in order for me to be a primed, large, strong, 265 lbs+ tank 8 months from now? Any advice helps, thanks.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Assuming your weight has been steady for a while, 600 calories a day more than you are eating now.

sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sowilson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My son was a college football player and thrower. During periods of max effort work, or bouts of GVT he would consume roughly 6000 calories/day. He would consume less during football season but found he would loose 10-15 lbs over the course of the season. You can keep up your athleticism. You'll be doing 3-4 days/week lifting heavy for awhile and probably working on wrestling and flexibility on your non-lift days. Lifting heavy does not mean you have to be a slow, nonathletic, meathead. You need to have this conversation with your strength and conditioning coach as well as work with your training staff on maintaining flexibility. Yoga and partner stretching are popular.

happy06maker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) happy06maker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) happy06maker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) happy06maker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) happy06maker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) happy06maker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) happy06maker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) happy06maker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) happy06maker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) happy06maker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) happy06maker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    My son was a college football player and thrower. During periods of max effort work, or bouts of GVT he would consume roughly 6000 calories/day. He would consume less during football season but found he would loose 10-15 lbs over the course of the season. You can keep up your athleticism. You'll be doing 3-4 days/week lifting heavy for awhile and probably working on wrestling and flexibility on your non-lift days. Lifting heavy does not mean you have to be a slow, nonathletic, meathead. You need to have this conversation with your strength and conditioning coach as well as work with your training staff on maintaining flexibility. Yoga and partner stretching are popular.
    I completely agree, being big doesn't mean you'll lose being athletic.