Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Which leg curl would you get

I’ve been looking for a leg curl, missed out on some cybex kneeling plate loaded which is what I want. Also thought I could get an Atlantis prone selectorized, best of the best, but the seller was very flaky, never wanted to meet.
    There is a Hammer seated not far from me, frame in rough shape. Advantage is easy to transport, easy for me to resell, and I can remake the pad covers.
    Big debate regarding seated vs prone/kneeling re which is better. Seated probably takes up less room, may be better for ham development. A seller over an hour from me has these two pieces. Neither are ideal, but which would you choose and why. Thank you.
    Nautilus seated:

Legend (maybe, if it is it is old) prone selectorized:
    Attached Images
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I know there's a lot of debate about seated vs prone vs kneeling, but unless you're a pro at the level where minutia may actually matter, I think it's best to just go with whatever movement you prefer. (I'm partial to seated fwiw.)

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used to have that Legend prone leg curl and it was great. Nautilus equipment I've used has been great as well although I haven't used that machine.That said, I have a combo seated leg curl/leg extension machine now and really like it. My advice is try it and see what you think. I had a paramount seated leg curl for awhile and DIDN'T like it. The strength curve made everything somewhat easy up to the very last part of the ROM . The shape of the cam on the Legend you pictured makes for a very good strength curve as does the combo machine I have now.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Not a connoisseur of leg curls but what I have tried/used are - an older Cybex seated at my old gym, seated L-F select at my current YMCA, recently three different seated Panattas at Primo Fitness, Monolith , FW and Evo. And also recently three different Atlantis' - standing, prone and seated at Kilo Strength.

My choice as a Runner would easily be the Atlantis prone and standing out of all those.
    https://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Standing or kneeling is “legs down” a better option.

Old flex kneeling, star trac kneeling, cyber kneeling..... kick seated and prone in the a$$..... just sayin.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

Registered User ArnoldHAMnEGGer's Avatar
    ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Recently picked up a Cybex Kneeling Leg Curl. While this piece was always on my bucket list and was very hard to get (had to jump on it immediately), i kinda wonder if at this stage in my life a seated would've been the better option. The kneeling tends to "pull" on my lower back a little. My lower back is a problem. If it was me, i'd go with the Nautilus Seated. I had the chance to get one but it was too damn big! The older I get, the more i really enjoy the seated leg curls. I haven't really found one yet that was commercial and sucked.

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    I know there's a lot of debate about seated vs prone vs kneeling, but unless you're a pro at the level where minutia may actually matter, I think it's best to just go with whatever movement you prefer. (I'm partial to seated fwiw.)
    Thank you, on spread. Issue with the nautilus is the lower arm doesn’t appear to be adjustable. On spread

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    I used to have that Legend prone leg curl and it was great. Nautilus equipment I've used has been great as well although I haven't used that machine.That said, I have a combo seated leg curl/leg extension machine now and really like it. My advice is try it and see what you think. I had a paramount seated leg curl for awhile and DIDN'T like it. The strength curve made everything somewhat easy up to the very last part of the ROM . The shape of the cam on the Legend you pictured makes for a very good strength curve as does the combo machine I have now.
    Thank you. Reps for you. Which machine do you have?

Originally Posted by Steinway53 View Post
    Not a connoisseur of leg curls but what I have tried/used are - an older Cybex seated at my old gym, seated L-F select at my current YMCA, recently three different seated Panattas at Primo Fitness, Monolith , FW and Evo. And also recently three different Atlantis' - standing, prone and seated at Kilo Strength.

My choice as a Runner would easily be the Atlantis prone and standing out of all those.
    Thank you, on spread. Which of the two would you pick?

Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    Standing or kneeling is “legs down” a better option.

Old flex kneeling, star trac kneeling, cyber kneeling..... kick seated and prone in the a$$..... just sayin.
    Awesome! Missed out in a star trac kneeling before the pandemic. In one article they grouped kneeling and prone together. In both machines the hip is straight or relatively straight vs seated where the hip is flexed. On spread.

Originally Posted by ArnoldHAMnEGGer View Post
    Recently picked up a Cybex Kneeling Leg Curl. While this piece was always on my bucket list and was very hard to get (had to jump on it immediately), i kinda wonder if at this stage in my life a seated would've been the better option. The kneeling tends to "pull" on my lower back a little. My lower back is a problem. If it was me, i'd go with the Nautilus Seated. I had the chance to get one but it was too damn big! The older I get, the more i really enjoy the seated leg curls. I haven't really found one yet that was commercial and sucked.
    Reps for you. I’m worried about my back which is why the answer is not dead lifts. Thanks.
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by EricAtl View Post
    Thank you, on spread. Which of the two would you pick?.
    You'd think being a runner, anything standing would be my first choice but I really felt the isolation more in the hamstrings on the Atlantis C-106 lying/ prone. I'd be interested to see how a kneeling leg curl is in comparison.

It's pretty lame my Gym/YMCA doesn't have one, only seated. I've been having hamstring and knee problems all this month after finishing 2020 on a fairly strong note running. 1611 miles for the year.

I attribute a lot of it the fact the gym has been closed. I coming up on 11 months with no strengthening. Highly miss the leg machines, leg press and squat rack. All that stuff keeps me in the ballgame at 67.

WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm partial to the prone version myself. I never liked the seated version.

Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ArnoldHAMnEGGer View Post
    One of the gyms I have frequented has a Nautilus Seated Leg Curl where the pad to lock in your legs doesn’t go over the thighs but locks in at the knees. It maybe the Nitro series version or series before. It’s ok but rather the lock in the other way.

Originally Posted by Steinway53 View Post
    You'd think being a runner, anything standing would be my first choice but I really felt the isolation more in the hamstrings on the Atlantis C-106 lying/ prone. I'd be interested to see how a kneeling leg curl is in comparison.

It's pretty lame my Gym/YMCA doesn't have one, only seated. I've been having hamstring and knee problems all this month after finishing 2020 on a fairly strong note running. 1611 miles for the year.

I attribute a lot of it the fact the gym has been closed. I coming up on 11 months with no strengthening. Highly miss the leg machines, leg press and squat rack. All that stuff keeps me in the ballgame at 67.
    That is awesome.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/le...ng-or-standing

Originally Posted by Icarian5150 View Post
    One of the gyms I have frequented has a Nautilus Seated Leg Curl where the pad to lock in your legs doesn’t go over the thighs but locks in at the knees. It maybe the Nitro series version or series before. It’s ok but rather the lock in the other way.
    The hammer seated plate load does this.

Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icarian5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The hammer seated plate load does this.
    Of the many commercial gyms I’ve frequented, never encountered this piece.

Originally Posted by Icarian5150 View Post
    Of the many commercial gyms I’ve frequented, never encountered this piece.
    Here it is:

https://youtu.be/UYnsCEcRquI

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Seated curl would be my pick, if I ever see the Hoist dual curl/extension machine locally I'd scoop it up in a heartbeat.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

EricAtl, How’s the feel on it? I know Jay Cutler is a big fan of the HS Leg Extension and HS Leg Curl. I have used the HS MTS Selectorized Leg Extension and I loved the feel of it.

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just to add to the confusion of another opinion. I've always got a bit more out of a seated Leg curl when working the hams. I can't speak to any particular prone version, but I've used several over the years and for me the design is the key. some were much better depending on the lower pad angel. Others I could feel a bit more tweaking in my lower back.
    Ideally I would love to have both in my gym.

just make sure its a machine you can comfortably snack and lift at the same time HA! ( just when you think you've seen it all)

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    Just to add to the confusion of another opinion. I've always got a bit more out of a seated Leg curl when working the hams. I can't speak to any particular prone version, but I've used several over the years and for me the design is the key. some were much better depending on the lower pad angel. Others I could feel a bit more tweaking in my lower back.
    Ideally I would love to have both in my gym.

just make sure its a machine you can comfortably snack and lift at the same time HA! ( just when you think you've seen it all)

Common occurrence at PF. There's a video of a guy doing back extensions at PF while eating a slice of pizza.

Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    Common occurrence at PF. There's a video of a guy doing back extensions at PF while eating a slice of pizza.
    Yup. There’s a new planet fitness near us that is apparently packed. Maybe it was donut day.
    Edit: link to video
    https://gifer.com/en/6hb7

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Although minor, the seated leg curl version looks nicer to get into and use, especially after the main leg movements, or main lifts (depending of your training of course) and despite the PF crew screwing up its image.

Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Although minor, the seated leg curl version looks nicer to get into and use, especially after the main leg movements, or main lifts (depending of your training of course) and despite the PF crew screwing up its image.
    Agree. However, I think I would need one with an adjustable arm length. I don’t like it when the calf pad rolls up the back of my leg. I asked for more pics of the prone.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eric, the combo machine I have now after having separate Legend pieces and the Paramount piece is the TuffStuff Apollo series leg ext/seated leg curl machine. The strength curve stays consistent throughout the complete ROM and it’s very smooth. The lower roller doesn’t adjust in & out but it’s mounted with a very short bracket on a swivel that allows for different height users so it adjusts automatically and doesn’t move up your calf. The pad the holds your thighs in place have 6 different settings plus one that sets it up out of the way.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    Eric, the combo machine I have now after having separate Legend pieces and the Paramount piece is the TuffStuff Apollo series leg ext/seated leg curl machine. The strength curve stays consistent throughout the complete ROM and it’s very smooth. The lower roller doesn’t adjust in & out but it’s mounted with a very short bracket on a swivel that allows for different height users so it adjusts automatically and doesn’t move up your calf. The pad the holds your thighs in place have 6 different settings plus one that sets it up out of the way.
    Combo unit would work.

tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tbonestake is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Are you buying this for a gym you charge people money to go to, OP? If not I would just put a dumbbell between your feet and do leg curls that way.

Like this life fitness one that was just listed. Dreamer pricing though.
    https://www.********.com/marketplace...code=undefined

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Get whatever one you like better.

I’m partial to hips up lying leg curls (to get some glute involved) but YMMV.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Like this life fitness one that was just listed. Dreamer pricing though.
    It's an older L-F one. From a distance it looks to be at least semi-clean. What would be a good or even standard pricing for this ? maybe a grand less?

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How much is a new legend combo piece?

Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    How much is a new legend combo piece?
    Plate loaded or selectorized? I looked at plate loaded one Right near my house pre pandemic but passed. The concern with plate loaded is loss of resistance towards the end of the movement.

Found another one a bit closer
    Attached Images