Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Any issues with my deadlifts?

EDIT: all these vids are about 30 seconds long so it'll be a quick watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzd5...ist=WL&index=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q52j...ist=WL&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHDg...ist=WL&index=3

Haven't done deadlifts in over a month and mainly dead trap-bar deads my hip-hinge movement and added weight over time. Haven't lost much strength (if any) with conventional but decided to start with a conservative weight and gradually added 5 lbs each set.

Probably could've done more weight but I was feeling beat up and I needed energy to move on to leg press + leg curls.
    Last edited by Odifududix; 01-22-2021 at 12:40 PM.

EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looks good!

Only minor thing I would say is you look like the bar is a little bit in front of you when it should be almost or literally sliding up your shins on the way up. You look like it's a good inch or two away from you until you lock out.
    Bench: 315
    Squat: 335
    Deadlift: 475

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Looks good!

Only minor thing I would say is you look like the bar is a little bit in front of you when it should be almost or literally sliding up your shins on the way up. You look like it's a good inch or two away from you until you lock out.
    Thanks for your input!

Random question: is progressing on the lift dependent on your leverages? I got short arms and legs and I believe this attributed to my squat surpassing my deadlift. My max squat is 340 lbs (done this parallel before) while my max for deadlift is 315 lbs (never tried but that's one ORM calculators are giving me).

EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Odifududix View Post
    Thanks for your input!

Random question: is progressing on the lift dependent on your leverages? I got short arms and legs and I believe this attributed to my squat surpassing my deadlift. My max squat is 340 lbs (done this parallel before) while my max for deadlift is 315 lbs (never tried but that's one ORM calculators are giving me).
    IMO leverages are certainly relevant. At the beginner level, I began to squat and deadlift at the same time and made much faster progress on the latter - consequently I stopped squatting regularly until quite recently, a mistake I would not advise anyone to replicate.

I would not say progress is "dependent" on it though. For having such a strong squat you look like you're using your back appropriately, unlike many in your situation who sort of just squat the bar up for their deadlift, hardly extending the spine.

I'm not sure anyone could tell you exactly why some lifts people seem to have a natural aptitude for (and that will include more than just leverage), but at the end of the day the amount of careful effort you put towards a particular exercise is what wins out.

I'm not sure anyone could tell you exactly why some lifts people seem to have a natural aptitude for (and that will include more than just leverage), but at the end of the day the amount of careful effort you put towards a particular exercise is what wins out.
    Definitely. I got tired of plateauing the 3x5 on most programs so I just worked with heavy singles and added weight until I literally failed. I would be able to squat the failed weight next session and add 5 lbs until I failed again. Took my ORM for squat from 295 lbs to 340 within a month.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks good.
    Just make sure you have the slack pulled out.

Try to pull on the bar on the floor before you actually try to lift and hear that 'click' of bar and plate. Makes it smoother.

And yes... A gibbon armed guy vs a T-Rex. It matters for bench and deads for which you will excel at.
    Last edited by MyEgoProblem; 01-22-2021 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Vs....
    Bench for pecs crew
    FMH crew - couch.

Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    Looks good.
    Just make sure you have the slack pulled out.

Try to pull on the bar on the floor before you actually try to lift and hear that 'click' of bar and plate. Makes it smoother.

And yes... A gibbon armed guy be a T-Rex. It matters for bench and deads for which you will excel at.
    Wait, since when is having long arms good for your bench?

And if you meant short (I don't really understand the sentence) then how is that good for the deadlift?

EDIT: Since Gibbons have long arms and T-Rexes have short arms, I don't know which you were referring to, and either would be better and worse at each lift, respectively.
    Last edited by EliKoehn; 01-22-2021 at 01:59 PM.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wait, since when is having long arms good for your bench?

And if you meant short (I don't really understand the sentence) then how is that good for the deadlift?

EDIT: Since Gibbons have long arms and T-Rexes have short arms, I don't know which you were referring to, and either would be better and worse at each lift, respectively.
    Gah... Phone auto correct. I didn't catch that one. Thanks man. I hate to put out bad info, even by accident.

I meant a gibbon armed guy VS a T-Rex..

Long vs short xD
    Long are obv for at deads
    Short are good at bench

Stumpy quads for squats too.

This is embarrassing
    Bench for pecs crew
    FMH crew - couch.

ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Odifududix View Post
    Thanks for your input!

Your legs are clearly strong enough, mid and upper back just need to get stronger.

I have super long legs, short torso. I can get any weight I can get to my lower/midback pretty much.

Legs are poor for squat leverage. Even at my strongest my dead was 200lbs. more than my atg squat.

Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    This is embarrassing
    Not at all - just wanted to clarify