Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Zipper Suited Sun God Ironmanlet's Avatar
    Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Biden is going to try to close private, for profit prisons.

Just saw it on a CNN vidjya, sorry no link. I guess they released a copy of his schedule for next week and this was on there. Of course we will see how it unfolds.

I feel like this will be a yuge win for our CJ system. People should not be a resource sold for financial gain under contract. I am ashamed and disappointed it ever happened in the first place. While hopeful, I am maintaining expectation management though. I’m not familiar with the numbers, but I don’t think these contract companies a super huge/financially secure, so I don’t think their lobbying will come into play at all. I might look more into it later today.

I’m hopeful.
    cVc (OIF and OEF): *Retired*
    Sorry for perfect english; I have a degree.

“The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.“

JimFromRaleigh1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JimFromRaleigh1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JimFromRaleigh1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JimFromRaleigh1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JimFromRaleigh1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JimFromRaleigh1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JimFromRaleigh1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JimFromRaleigh1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JimFromRaleigh1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JimFromRaleigh1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JimFromRaleigh1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn, I guess that means Trump will make less money since he cannot get kick backs from these private prisons.
    ^^ Chances are my post was Melania Trump'd from reddit

Reddit IS THE GOAT WEBSITE crew

Living completely rent free in minds of right wing cucks

Combat Veteran Crew (OIF twice, OEF once)

Hit six figures in dividends in 2019 crew

paulpfiction has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) paulpfiction has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) paulpfiction has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) paulpfiction has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) paulpfiction has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) paulpfiction has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) paulpfiction has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) paulpfiction has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) paulpfiction has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) paulpfiction has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) paulpfiction has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    is it so Kamala can make them under the federal control so she can exploit more cheap labor?

Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by paulpfiction View Post
    is it so Kamala can make them under the federal control so she can exploit more cheap labor?
    That chick is a oughtful kunt man. She isn’t involved in CJ anymore so I hope she just stays out of it.

“The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.“

LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    a piece of good news in a bleak pond of chit

The US has by far the world's largest prison population -and- the highest incarceration rate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rceration_rate

a rational plan to fix what's wrong with America:

- end all private prisons

- end all labor of prisoners for the manufacture of any products/services outside of prison

- end drug war; except that which involves border and coastal security and drug interdiction

- totally secure border and coasts using any and all options including military

- make illegal entry a very serious crime; with death to repeat offenders

- legalize citizens killing drug dealers in their communities as an extension of self defense

- end almost all social welfare to the young and employable

- stop all trade and all other normal contact with China

I could keep going if you want
    Last edited by LukeLissen; 01-22-2021 at 06:37 AM.

JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Someone explain why private prisons are a problem to me. Not trying to argue, just legit trying to understand. I admit when I hear "private" and "for profit" prisons it immediately makes me think WTF? But I guess I don't understand it.

The prisons themselves aren't the judges/juries... they just house the person after a conviction. So it's not like they're locking people up who the government hasn't decided needed to be locked up. Absolutely nothing the government runs is as efficient as a private counterpart would be. If it's cheaper and more efficient for the federal government to allow private companies run the prisons, why shouldn't they?
    Everything depends upon execution; having just a vision is no solution.

Performance and performance alone dictates the predator in any food chain.

babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by JimFromRaleigh1 View Post
    Damn, I guess that means Trump will make less money since he cannot get kick backs from these private prisons.
    The only impact this will have on Trump is it will reduce the options of where he will serve his time.

babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) babyshark99 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by LukeLissen View Post

- make illegal entry a very serious enough crime; with death to repeat offenders
    You want to execute people for trying to have a better life? You’re a suck f*ck.

LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LukeLissen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by babyshark99 View Post
    You want to execute people for trying to have a better life? You’re a suck f*ck.
    You're confused.

I didn't say execute someone for trying to have a better life. I said for those who repeat illegal entry and it was implied to mean also in conjunction with my other measures listed there which would mean that anyone doing so given those conditions would -NOT- be someone 'trying to have a better life'

Get your head out of your ass champ.

jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So instead of the government paying money for a company to run the prison, they’ll stop paying the company, hire the people who worked there and pay them as state or federal employees, and then things pretty much go on as usual, right? Or am I missing something?
    +positive crew+
    -we all gonna make it, but what it is is up to you crew
    -all things in moderation, even political views crew
    -support local farms crew
    -try to do at least one good deed/day crew

MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If people break the law, might as well create jobs for the good guys.
    *Hole is Life Crew*
    *Meditation Crew*

The US has by far the world's largest prison population -and- the highest incarceration rate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rceration_rate

a rational plan to fix what's wrong with America:

- end all private prisons

- end all labor of prisoners for the manufacture of any products/services outside of prison

- end drug war; except that which involves border and coastal security and drug interdiction

- totally secure border and coasts using any and all options including military

- make illegal entry a very serious enough crime; with death to repeat offenders

- legalize citizens killing drug dealers in their communities as an extension of self defense

- end almost all social welfare to the young and employable

- stop all trade and all other normal contact with China

I could keep going if you want
    I agree with most of this no question. However, having civilians kill drug dealers is absolutely unconstitutional, a terrible idea for many reasons and simply will never happen. I would meet you halfway with a couple things, but for the most part, absolutely.

Originally Posted by JMath View Post
    Someone explain why private prisons are a problem to me. Not trying to argue, just legit trying to understand. I admit when I hear "private" and "for profit" prisons it immediately makes me think WTF? But I guess I don't understand it.

The prisons themselves aren't the judges/juries... they just house the person after a conviction. So it's not like they're locking people up who the government hasn't decided needed to be locked up. Absolutely nothing the government runs is as efficient as a private counterpart would be. If it's cheaper and more efficient for the federal government to allow private companies run the prisons, why shouldn't they?
    The prisons actually do have the authority to act as judges and juries to an extent. They issue disciplinary infractions, which once adjudicated by themselves leads to added time for the prisoners. Since their pay is based on the number of prisoners they have, this creates an incentive for them to go crazy with these infractions, which they do.

Also, the contract with government states that if the prison population doesn’t meet some percentage of is max population, the government has to pay them extra. Not only does this create incentive for the government to put people in prison, it has lead to some states having to pay millions of dollars to the prisons when the quotas were not met. There are literally quotas for these prisons.

JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JMath has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ironmanlet View Post
    I agree with most of this no question. However, having civilians kill drug dealers is absolutely unconstitutional, a terrible idea for many reasons and simply will never happen. I would meet you halfway with a couple things, but for the most part, absolutely.

The prisons actually do have the authority to act as judges and juries to an extent. They issue disciplinary infractions, which once adjudicated by themselves leads to added time for the prisoners. Since their pay is based on the number of prisoners they have, this creates an incentive foe them to go crazy with these infractions, which they do.

Also, the contract with government states that if the prison population doesn’t meet some percentage of is max population, the government has to pay them extra. Not only does this create incentive for the government to put people in prison, it has lead to some states having to pay millions of dollars to the prisons when the quotas were not met. There are literally quotas for these prisons.
    Interesting. Thanks! I guess I knew about the first part, but didn't even think about the potential ramifications of it. Didn't know about the second part though. Definitely seems like a major issue.

wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here's where it gets off track. The people who make money off of the prisons don't just sit back and let things happen however they are going to happen. Its like any other business that lobbies government so they can either gain an advantage in the market or make more money. So people who have a stake in making money from the prisons are lobbying government to change laws and sentencing guidelines to increase the prison population and increase how long people stay in the prison system. That's part of the rub.
    ALL I ASK IS ALL YOU GOT FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES

Registered User clivesbigbiceps's Avatar
    clivesbigbiceps is a complete loser! (-2000) clivesbigbiceps is a complete loser! (-2000) clivesbigbiceps is a complete loser! (-2000) clivesbigbiceps is a complete loser! (-2000) clivesbigbiceps is a complete loser! (-2000) clivesbigbiceps is a complete loser! (-2000) clivesbigbiceps is a complete loser! (-2000) clivesbigbiceps is a complete loser! (-2000) clivesbigbiceps is a complete loser! (-2000) clivesbigbiceps is a complete loser! (-2000) clivesbigbiceps is a complete loser! (-2000)
    This is already shaping up to be a great presidency. I fear the filibuster may need to be ended for anything to get done given the state of the current Republican party.

Interesting. Thanks! I guess I knew about the first part, but didn't even think about the potential ramifications of it. Didn't know about the second part though. Definitely seems like a major issue.
    Yeah. I know a lot of people on here would take the stance along the lines of “can’t do the time, do do the crime”, or simply try to dehumanize criminals referring to them as trash or whatever. I’m a little more empathetic, but one thing I really try to keep in mind is that most of these people are not murderers and rapers. A lot of them are in there for drug offenses or other equally less consequential crimes. Drug laws are being relaxed everywhere, and I simply don’t think their crimes warrant them getting caught up in a system that sells them back and forth again and again so people can make money off it.

TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP, you do realize that Biden's Drug War and 94 Crime bill are the main reason prisons got filled up, yes?

As for skirting private prison, this would be more about moving them to public prisons. I do feel Biden's admin will be softer on crime, but not in the ways we hope. Some people belong in prison, and other in mental institutes. We don't want a society where people can rob & steal and face zero consequence.
    6'3 Master Race
    GOATCal Crew
    No Pillow Crew

BunkerBoy is just really nice. (+1000) BunkerBoy is just really nice. (+1000) BunkerBoy is just really nice. (+1000) BunkerBoy is just really nice. (+1000) BunkerBoy is just really nice. (+1000) BunkerBoy is just really nice. (+1000) BunkerBoy is just really nice. (+1000) BunkerBoy is just really nice. (+1000) BunkerBoy is just really nice. (+1000) BunkerBoy is just really nice. (+1000) BunkerBoy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TaeBoNinja View Post
    OP, you do realize that Biden's Drug War and 94 Crime bill are the main reason prisons got filled up, yes?

As for skirting private prison, this would be more about moving them to public prisons. I do feel Biden's admin will be softer on crime, but not in the ways we hope. Some people belong in prison, and other in mental institutes. We don't want a society where people can rob & steal and face zero consequence.
    95 Senators voted for the Crime Bill
    4 Voted no.

Both parties loved it.
    We have to stop pretending like Biden passed it by himself.

Medallion Wearing CEO10k Ephedra's Avatar
    Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ephedra has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Without much knowledge on the subject, my first question is...

Somebody name me one industry government runs something better than private companies?

RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by jtaylor2010 View Post
    So instead of the government paying money for a company to run the prison, they’ll stop paying the company, hire the people who worked there and pay them as state or federal employees, and then things pretty much go on as usual, right? Or am I missing something?
    Yes, decades long retirements/permanent disability, we get to pick up the tab for. I know this is anecdotal, but almost every prison guard Ive met at gyms Ive frequented over the years are close to being the strongest guys there.....while collecting permanent disability checks every month.

That said, admittedly Im not well read/informed on the subject.

Forever College Student CaliSuperSport's Avatar
    CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The way dems and progressives view the prison system is a start but still heavily flawed. They seriously think it's the 2nd coming of slavery. Last I checked...slaves in early America weren't born free and then put into slavery only after committing crimes.

So because of that, any action they take is likely to be misguided and ineffective, and exploit the minority card as per usual. I.e. - it won't fix chit and could likely fuk things up worse.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    Daenerys Targaryen is my 10/10 srs
    ₪ I was at DEFQON.1 AUSTRALIA 2016 ₪
    173 lbs | O: 165 /// B: 260 /// S: 335 /// D: 390
    I WANT TO BRING BIG DRAMA SHOH WITH THE MAYXICAN STYLE, MAX

Registered User MirinCanadian99's Avatar
    MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MirinCanadian99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jtaylor2010 View Post
    Pretty much this. There is nothing wrong with Private Prisons or Private Police Forces. It's just that these institutions challenge the State's Monopoly on dishing out abuse and punishment and hence they must be ended.

All that's gonna happen is that A. The government is gonna have to dish out millions and even billions to the owner of said Prisons in order to compensate them, B. The shareholders of said private prisons will lose money and C. The people will have to pay more because Federal and State employees tend to get paid more and they tend to slack off more. However, the private prisons complex has been a useful boogeyman for the left for over a decade now. It usually stems from a lack of knowledge on how prison works. These prisons offer more services then just "slave labor". They offer educational courses, rehabilitation and psychological assistance to those who need it. But because they challenge the State's monopoly they must go.

Plus these companies are simply gonna redirect their efforts abroad. People have this warped idea that the USA is the only place with private prisons. They'll simply take those billions in compensation money and invest elsewhere.
    -Focus on myself crew

-If you’re not progressing in life, you’re doing something wrong

-Bulwark against Communism/Marxism and all other far-left ideology.

401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sure he is.

Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lefticle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This. I support it.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt this will happen. But I will be pleasantly surprised if this does.
    Founder & CEO of /\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\

Neanderthal DNA Crew

Always Neg Back Crew

Originally Posted by wesleysh21 View Post
    Here's where it gets off track. The people who make money off of the prisons don't just sit back and let things happen however they are going to happen. Its like any other business that lobbies government so they can either gain an advantage in the market or make more money. So people who have a stake in making money from the prisons are lobbying government to change laws and sentencing guidelines to increase the prison population and increase how long people stay in the prison system. That's part of the rub.
    Yeah, that was on of my initial thoughts too. Was maybe the prisons have some strong lobbying and they successfully advocate for harsher sentencing.

Yeah. I know a lot of people on here would take the stance along the lines of “can’t do the time, do do the crime”, or simply try to dehumanize criminals referring to them as trash or whatever. I’m a little more empathetic, but one thing I really try to keep in mind is that most of these people are not murderers and rapers. A lot of them are in there for drug offenses or other equally less consequential crimes. Drug laws are being relaxed everywhere, and I simply don’t think their crimes warrant them getting caught up in a system that sells them back and forth again and again so people can make money off it.
    I'm the same way. There's a lot of people locked up for victimless crimes. The whole thing likely needs an overhaul, but I guess the private prisons thing is a good part to focus on (as were the reforms made under Trumps).

Narrator02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Narrator02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Narrator02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Narrator02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Narrator02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Narrator02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Narrator02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Narrator02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Narrator02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Narrator02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Narrator02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

There have been proven cases where judges give prison sentences instead of community service for petty crimes. They get kick backs in some forms from the for profit prisons for doing this.

Transracial Nonbinary elterrible987's Avatar
    elterrible987 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) elterrible987 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) elterrible987 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) elterrible987 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) elterrible987 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) elterrible987 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) elterrible987 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) elterrible987 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) elterrible987 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) elterrible987 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) elterrible987 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    this does need to be done but private prisons are all over the place, you cant close all of them and the second part is how do you go about doing it, the gov has contracts and you cant just shut it down without paying them out

they could not renew the contracts and it will be a long term thing

andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I’m just a dumb fuk

But I think the issue with privatized prisons is that their main goal is “surviving” and keeping corrections officers employed. So in order for that to happen, they gotta “keep this machine” going so they’ll push for harsher sentences or new laws that’ll help keep the prisons filled so the machine keeps running.

STLbuilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) STLbuilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) STLbuilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) STLbuilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) STLbuilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) STLbuilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) STLbuilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) STLbuilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) STLbuilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) STLbuilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) STLbuilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    sounds good from my limited knowledge on the subject
    STL Cardinals
    STL Blues

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just saw it on a CNN vidjya, sorry no link. I guess they released a copy of his schedule for next week and this was on there. Of course we will see how it unfolds.

I feel like this will be a yuge win for our CJ system. People should not be a resource sold for financial gain under contract. I am ashamed and disappointed it ever happened in the first place. While hopeful, I am maintaining expectation management though. I’m not familiar with the numbers, but I don’t think these contract companies a super huge/financially secure, so I don’t think their lobbying will come into play at all. I might look more into it later today.

I’m hopeful.
    Private prisons hold less than 10% of the inmate population. This is an issue.. why?
    Currently: traveling + MA Forensic Psych
    Current reading: Carl Rogers, Martin Heidegger

Last country visited: Costa Rica - 2020
    Next country booked: Albania 2021, Scotland 2021