Ali090695 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Beginner looking for tips

Hi ladies and gents I'm a beginner when it comes to gym... been going on and off (2 months tops) for years and am wondering what is the best way to gain leg muscle and calf muscle as these just dont want to grow on me 😅.

I currently run 2 miles every other day (18mins) just for fun and if weather permits I love to cycle. But what can I do in the meantime whilst in lock down (UK). I dont have access to squat racks or even a bar bell, want to build these chicken legs 😁

Current weight is 66kg
    5ft7/8
    25 YO
    Body fat I'd say 18% hard to say

Thanks for reading

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bodyweight squats aren't a bad start.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BW squats, glute bridges, hip thrust, pushups, rows (or band rows) to start. You can advance rows to chin ups then pullups.

Then at some point some kettlebells will come in handy for presses, swings, squats, rows and pulls.

Get some light bands for targeted upper back work.

Then decide if you need more equipment than that down the road.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ali090695 View Post
    been going on and off (2 months tops) for years and am wondering what is the best way to gain leg muscle and calf muscle as these just dont want to grow on me.
    Try hard to work out consistently for more than 2 months straight.

davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100)
    You need to watch your diet, that's the main thing. You need a system, without it, it will be difficult. I made these mistakes, so I had to start over a few times. You can check the percentage of fat in the body with a special scale.  

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by davgrav View Post
    You can check the percentage of fat in the body with a special scale.
    you can, but regular scales are wildly inaccurate and even dexa scans can be off

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by davgrav View Post
    You can check the percentage of fat in the body with a special scale.  
    Not with any degree of accuracy. https://weightology.net/the-pitfalls...impedance-bia/

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    BW squats, glute bridges, hip thrust, pushups, rows (or band rows) to start. You can advance rows to chin ups then pullups.

Then at some point some kettlebells will come in handy for presses, swings, squats, rows and pulls.

Get some light bands for targeted upper back work.

Then decide if you need more equipment than that down the road.

Thanks alot these will surely help out and any other recommendations? I also have bands I.e. the coloured ones with various resistance etc.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Haha yeah I'm currently month 4 into home gym workout so I dont think I will stop untill I'm happy with my body 👍🏻

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ali090695 View Post
    Thanks alot these will surely help out and any other recommendations? I also have bands I.e. the coloured ones with various resistance etc.
    I primarily use bands to target smaller muscle groups, like the upper back or to help warm up the shoulders using “band dislocates”.

Upper back work could be pull aparts, scarecrows, “no moneys” or some other variation.

They are good for ladder walks as well if you want to get a burn in the upper glutes.

Depending on what poundage you have, they could do in a pinch for bigger movements, and in the past I’ve done curls, lateral raises, straight arm pulls laying on my back, chest presses, overhead Tricep extensions, more curls....you get the picture. I don’t have a pull up bar at home so when I work out my back I do lots of seated rows with them.

Cparnell7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Pretty much

YoniB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    man i got u >> YT Ryan Humiston, bodyweight workout