Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I once interned at a chitty PWM place. My boss paid me $10/hour under the table, on fridays we’d go to the ATM and he’d give me my $ for the week lmao.

One of my duties was to go through their resumes and get people in the door to interview with my boss, pretty chitty feeling once I realized how much of a scam this snake oil bullchit is.

I always thought financial advisors were smart guys taking care of your money no they just throw your chit in the same stew based on risk tolerance they don’t understand much more. If they get really lucky they will sell you some life insurance products which is where the real money was I remember (watchout bros)

Also what B said was true they basically just take all your family and friends money but you don’t make the impossible cut so they fire you and the guy who hired you gets all of your clients you brought to the firm lmao. What a fukkin bullchit business. Hucksters for sure
    Posts are for fun, not to be taken seriously or as truth.

Angie Varona Appreciation Club Founder

RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LexBrah View Post
    I worked in recruitment and it was kinda similar to this chit.

had to make 600 phone calls a day + like 4.5 hours phone time.

600 a day? how is that possible? jesus christ.... you must've been on an autodialer software or something?

sales is the best thing to ever happen to me professionally. yes, if you work at some boiler-room chop shop like Cardone you will hate it. work for a legitimate SaaS company and it CAN be the easiest $150-$300k/yr you will ever make (ded fkn Srs)

are there other, perhaps better ways to make money? absolutely. but i did jack **** in college, got a worthless major (English), and managed to turn my life around pretty quickly thanks to sales (ded fkn Srs)

tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000) tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000) tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000) tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000) tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000) tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000) tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000) tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000) tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000) tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000) tbonestake is a name known to all. (+5000)

had to make 600 phone calls a day + like 4.5 hours phone time.

I realised it was just a numbers game really. If you called enough people, you'd get an idiot to give you what you want.

Some people were LDARing in there and would repeatedly call like some janitors office at a bank which went straight to voicemail like 50 times a day and leave 10 min long voicemails just to get their dials/call time up lmfao. One guy got fired for it when they listened to his calls after.

the place was ****ing hell. All senior management doing snow in the toilets too, even first thing in the morning and a massive drinking culture every night after work.

Speaking of which - grant seems to be very AMPED up in this video. Wonder if hes been on the donuts

Double also - Grant Cardone is a literal scam artist. Thats been proven time and time again. He admitted to Jordan Belfort that his $40K sales training to businesses was the exact same product as his $20 book. Jordon tried to throw him a lifeline so he didnt fk his entire business on a live podcast - but he doubled down on it.

Belfort seems like an intelligent sociopath / whos charming and maniplative AF. Grant just seemed like a dumb redneck bully.

And after the interview, Grant calls Jordon a "broke rat" LOL
    I remember when this podcast came out. I was connected to a large dealer group that slurped up all his content prior. When everyone watched Grant get his sh!t pushed in by Belfort the illusion stopped and they looked to other dirt bags to aspire to.
    Last edited by tbonestake; 01-22-2021 at 07:41 AM.
    907 crew
    Goes to gym crew
    Plain white T crew
    Cardio crew
    Pc gaming master race crew
    Founding member of Eternal Bulk Society (dissolved 01/02/2021)
    Picture that w a Kodak

Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    this all reminds me of what a good movie Boiler Room is. i re-watched recently. ages well, still very enjoyable despite being 20 years old or so now. i actually like it more than Wolf of Wallstreet, just more relatable i guess

LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RealLifeAlpha View Post
    600 a day? how is that possible? jesus christ.... you must've been on an autodialer software or something?

sales is the best thing to ever happen to me professionally. yes, if you work at some boiler-room chop shop like Cardone you will hate it. work for a legitimate SaaS company and it CAN be the easiest $150-$300k/yr you will ever make (ded fkn Srs)

are there other, perhaps better ways to make money? absolutely. but i did jack **** in college, got a worthless major (English), and managed to turn my life around pretty quickly thanks to sales (ded fkn Srs)
    Was at toxic af work environment. 12 hour days, 600 calls is 50 an hour - so that speaks volumes about the quality of the call.

thats what I always got annoyed with. Before that job I worked in digital marketing/web design and account management/sales and it was playing the long/slow game with good clients. Going out for meals, chatting chit with them etc.

With this one it was as soon as one call finished, you dialed the next - but at the same time, you had to be responsible for sourcing the info for the calls. It wasnt auto dial. You had to google/linkedin search offices, speak to receptionists, get through to the person you wanted to call.

Like you might be ringing the same receptionist at UBS 30x in one day, it was bull**** and everyone would get pissed off with you and treat you like chit.

I would always say, isnt it better to do say 150-200 calls a day, that are actually productive and not super intense/high pressure where you arent scaring off the lead.

Surely Profit for the business via sales is better/more productive than making 600 calls without generating any business - but they couldnt really get their heads around that.

The people who were the best in the business used to take clients out for lunches, get them drunk - take them to strip clubs and then use that for blackmail/leverage to get what they wanted, or they would bribe them to hire people by giving them backhanders in cash.

So if they hired X person, their bank would pay our business like £40-50k and they'd give them £5K in cash at dinner or whatever.

It was really scummy and immoral

Registered User Porridgemonster's Avatar
    Porridgemonster is a name known to all. (+5000) Porridgemonster is a name known to all. (+5000) Porridgemonster is a name known to all. (+5000) Porridgemonster is a name known to all. (+5000) Porridgemonster is a name known to all. (+5000) Porridgemonster is a name known to all. (+5000) Porridgemonster is a name known to all. (+5000) Porridgemonster is a name known to all. (+5000) Porridgemonster is a name known to all. (+5000) Porridgemonster is a name known to all. (+5000) Porridgemonster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The sad reality for these guys is that they are gatekept out of any job that requires logical thinking because they are dumb as rocks. Talking the talk only gets you so far, these guys will continually circulate the lowest tiers of chit jobs for life.

Lowest end of the career totem pole:
    - Real estate agents
    - HR Recruiting
    - Sales
    - Telemarketing

Also the level of cognitive dissonance these guys have is outstanding. Grant probably thinks he's on the same level as Bill Gates or Steve Jobs.

I'll kick your neck off martoch's Avatar
    martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) martoch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hearing impaired people are confused as fuk - voice to text is all jacked up.

WTF lmao

RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RealLifeAlpha has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by notbadnotbrad View Post
    Boiler room sales sucks but SaaS or working for a fund company is pretty sick

At least in asset management I’d maybe make 30 outbound calls a day all to clients using our funds and I’d just shoot the chit with them discussing the markets and then maybe 5 cold calls per day to advisors who didn’t use us ..I literally made 175k for sitting there and discussing some news headlines with financial advisors and giving them updates on their funds or maybe blasting some cool articles or pm commentary via email to the territory

My business partner who actually did the meetings made 800k (he was 28 srs)... his job was to have 3 30 minute meetings per day and then host clients at golf games, take them out to pro sports games, host client dinners, bring portfolio managers out there on the road with him etc ... he also just had a general social sciences degree

Also the company had a chit ton of money so they were always spending money on the sales team, we’d go to the bar and our managers would drop 5k

One time they rented a party yacht and then we hit a bar on the lake and the bill was 20 thousand dollars lmao ... best place I ever worked

A lot of Pepsi and drinking though and you can get sucked into that life which is what happened to me lol

jesus that sounds GOAT. . . i would love to figure out how to crack into that upper echelon $500k+ a year territory. . . @ my current company our comp plan makes that very difficult.

like you said, the pepsi and drinking is so easy to get sucked into. i cringe at the opportunities i lost out on and the times i shot myself in the foot bc i was so wrapped up in the "party culture", but at the same time i don't have many regrets bc @ the time, it was so fkn fun (ded fkn Srs)

now im trying to be the ppl i hated and made fun of at the time -- the try hard NPC playing politics. over the years i noticed that the political guys who also were good performers are now Directors / VPs etc, and I'm still doing the same old chit lol. fuk.

being in financial sales sounds cool but i'd prob be too intimidated to give it a shot bc that world is so foreign to me.

TrueNorth12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueNorth12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueNorth12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueNorth12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueNorth12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueNorth12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueNorth12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueNorth12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueNorth12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueNorth12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueNorth12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by notbadnotbrad View Post
    It was awful man. My official job title was “cold caller” but on my resume I put “business development associate.”

These “private wealth managers” are mostly morons who don’t know anything about finance. They have these unique strategies or “models” which is literally just some portfolio allocation the bank recommends. They’ll go to the banks recommended North American names and pick some stocks from that for their NA bucket and then go and buy some global equity or fixed income fund and then just follow the percentage break down between asset type based on the client kyc and what the bank tells them to do.

It’s such a fuken scam. But they’ll sell themselves as if they have this customized and tailored wealth plan and then throw a bunch of regulatory courses after their names and common plebs will eat it right up.

The most hilarious thing they do at least here in Canada at the private wealth arms of the big 5 Canadian banks is hire a bunch of young guys for the rookie program. Give insanely unattainable targets, so 10 million first year or you’re cut. So they sell the dream and you’ll have these young guys thinking they can build a private wealth practice via cold calling and getting family money etc. So 49/50 won’t hit that 10 mil but may get 3 or 4 million brought in or whatever. So they fire everyone who doesn’t hit target and then all the assets acquired (that 3 or 4 million 49 guys brought to the bank) are funnelled up to the corner office brokers.
    Great breakdown thx for sharing

twopoundtorch is just really nice. (+1000) twopoundtorch is just really nice. (+1000) twopoundtorch is just really nice. (+1000) twopoundtorch is just really nice. (+1000) twopoundtorch is just really nice. (+1000) twopoundtorch is just really nice. (+1000) twopoundtorch is just really nice. (+1000) twopoundtorch is just really nice. (+1000) twopoundtorch is just really nice. (+1000) twopoundtorch is just really nice. (+1000) twopoundtorch is just really nice. (+1000)

Some people were LDARing in there and would repeatedly call like some janitors office at a bank which went straight to voicemail like 50 times a day and leave 10 min long voicemails just to get their dials/call time up lmfao. One guy got fired for it when they listened to his calls after.
    Lol. Yeah I used to do recruitment too and would never go back. I fkin hate recruiters now, especially when they call me up and have their fake ass personality on the phone. I just want to tell them to drop it and talk to me normally.
    If a girl told me she was a recruitment consultant its a pass from me. You need to be one two faced kunt to work in that game.

Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Been in this environment for 6 years,

- Hire 1 principle lead for each team and 1 consultant
    - Hire a bunch of apprentices for £4.50 an hour to make phone calls send CVs ect, give them the idea that they can make it if they spend 12 hours a day in the office
    - Keep them motivated and broke by taking them out a couple a nights a week, get them to develop habits
    - Apprentice gets a bite on a CV and prospective client, sends to consultant to follow up
    - Multiply this over and over again,
    - Company makes money/consultants make money
    - Fire apprentices a few months before they finish,
    - Rinse & Repeat

The 'drinking' culture catches up with everyone though,
    1/4 Jamaican
    1/4 Polish
    1/4 Irish
    1/4 Welsh

Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Was at toxic af work environment. 12 hour days, 600 calls is 50 an hour - so that speaks volumes about the quality of the call.

thats what I always got annoyed with. Before that job I worked in digital marketing/web design and account management/sales and it was playing the long/slow game with good clients. Going out for meals, chatting chit with them etc.

With this one it was as soon as one call finished, you dialed the next - but at the same time, you had to be responsible for sourcing the info for the calls. It wasnt auto dial. You had to google/linkedin search offices, speak to receptionists, get through to the person you wanted to call.
    Sounds like an incredibly vapid job. Your long game job sounds better; especially if you're selling a legit product and establishing relationships.
    𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖘𝖊 𝖆 𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖈𝕶, 𝖓𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖘𝖊 𝖆 𝖇𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍

suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wh1teDyn0mite View Post
    Been in this environment for 6 years,

- Hire 1 principle lead for each team and 1 consultant
    - Hire a bunch of apprentices for £4.50 an hour to make phone calls send CVs ect, give them the idea that they can make it if they spend 12 hours a day in the office
    - Keep them motivated and broke by taking them out a couple a nights a week, get them to develop habits
    - Apprentice gets a bite on a CV and prospective client, sends to consultant to follow up
    - Multiply this over and over again,
    - Company makes money/consultants make money
    - Fire apprentices a few months before they finish,
    - Rinse & Repeat

The 'drinking' culture catches up with everyone though,
    by "drinking" you mean pepsi?

Is the finance and sales world so infested by pepsi as notbadnotbrad constantly says?
    When you come to think of it, almost all human behaviour and activity is not essentially any different from animal behaviour. The most advanced technologies and craftsmanship bring us, at best, up to the super-chimpanzee level. Actually, the gap between, say, Plato or Nietzsche and the average human is greater than the gap between that chimpanzee and the average human.

*communist Llama crew*
    *go vegan or go bust crew*
    *anti-imperialist crew*

lupus002 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lupus002 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lupus002 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lupus002 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lupus002 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lupus002 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lupus002 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lupus002 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lupus002 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lupus002 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lupus002 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Oof. Id rather operate a glory hole for a living.
    6'3 275, bloatcrew.
    Sub 100 IQ crew

Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I’ll get chit for this, but that field attracts the same type of people seen in the military. They love to be told what to do, take orders, and please bosses higher up the ladder.
    "Seen in the light of evolution, biology is, perhaps, intellectually the most satisfying and inspiring science. Without that light it becomes a pile of sundry facts -- some of them interesting or curious but making no meaningful picture as a whole."

Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'd rather be a tradie than work in "sales"

and I don't mean the HVAC/plumbing/electrician tradies, I mean the; "working-in-the-blistering-heat-and-freezing-cold-digging-ditches-and-laying-concrete-where-you-have-to-watch-your-back-every-5-minutes-because-you're-working-alongside-a-bunch-of-exconvicts-who-could-snap-at-moments-notice-and-bludgeon-you-with-a-piece-of-rebar" tradie.
    Last edited by Maestro; 01-22-2021 at 12:29 PM.
    His name is; Darwin Radlin Caspian Ahab Poseidon Nicodemus Watterson III

eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eatmycrackers has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lupus002 View Post
    Oof. Id rather operate a glory hole for a living.
    You ought to see what Grant makes them do for "break time"
    Posts are for fun, not to be taken seriously or as truth.

Angie Varona Appreciation Club Founder