egsiue is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Instant mashed potatoes

Hey, not a question, but I’m a college student and have been tracking macros for a few years, and I just wanted to say that I’ve found that instant mashed potatoes are a great cheap carb source when in a hurry, or when you don’t have access to a microwave. I’ve been eating them everyday in my dorm room. You just add water and the potato flakes absorb it right away even if the water is cold. I buy the great value instant mashed potatoes, which are only a few bucks for a 26.7 oz box. Macros are for 22 grams:

80 cal
    0 fat
    18 carb
    1 fiber
    2 protein
    20 mg sodium

I highly recommend them.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by egsiue View Post
    Hey, not a question, but I’m a college student and have been tracking macros for a few years, and I just wanted to say that I’ve found that instant mashed potatoes are a great cheap carb source when in a hurry, or when you don’t have access to a microwave. I’ve been eating them everyday in my dorm room. You just add water and the potato flakes absorb it right away even if the water is cold. I buy the great value instant mashed potatoes, which are only a few bucks for a 26.7 oz box. Macros are for 22 grams:

80 cal
    0 fat
    18 carb
    1 fiber
    2 protein
    20 mg sodium

I highly recommend them.
    Cool.

Obviously they're better with milk and butter, cooked over a stovetop, but the plain flakes are probably palatable enough with just water. No need to steam it like rice or anything.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"