UYScuti57 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Sharp shoulder pain during light bench press but pain was absent during heavy sets

Hello all, I'm currently experiencing a sharp pain on my left shoulder whenever I perform my warm-up sets on the bench press. However, as I proceed on to my main set (531 pyramids at 79%-96% my 1RM), I do not feel any pain whatsoever.

Does anyone know the reason behind this? I recently completed two cycles of Smolov Jr and read from some posts of people experiencing shoulder pain after completing the programme. I have been performing Athlean X's shoulder pain relief videos to ease the pain.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I find doing a slight pause at the bottom instead of mindlessly cranking out reps helps. I have cranky shoulders as well.

HagansFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Are you doing any mobility work prior to lifting? I like to take a rehab band and do about 5mins of mobility work to get things warmed up
    27 y/o
    198lbs
    Squat: 535
    Bench: 385
    Deadlift: 600

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When it's light.. We tend to man handle bitch weights.

There may not be enough weight to push your shoulders down into the bench.

Aka. You are protracted too much and in a crap position.

99% of 'my shoulders hurt' in bench is people being in the wrong position...
    Bench for pecs crew
    FMH crew - couch.