dtbm is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to get to 5,000 calories a day in a budget and with a busy work schedule?

I'm a very skinny ectomorph and am trying to figure out how I can get to 5,000 calories a day without spending exorbitant amounts of money and time (if even possible.) I only have around 50 dollars a week to spend for food and I work 9-5 5 days a week. Is this something that can be achieved?
    (I'm 25, not 51 btw, if that makes any difference.)
    Last edited by dtbm; 01-20-2021 at 08:04 PM. Reason: clarity

Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are you sure you even need that many calories?? Unless you're extremely active everyday that is alot of calories for someone who is very skinny. How much do you weigh and how tall ????

Rice
    Oats
    Whole milk
    Fruit and veg
    Eggs
    Chicken thighs
    Personal bests: (1RM'S)

S: 167kg
    B: 101kg
    D: 160kg
    O.H.P: 74kg
    C.U: 33kg

dtbm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Gringer View Post
    Are you sure you even need that many calories?? Unless you're extremely active everyday that is alot of calories for someone who is very skinny. How much do you weigh and how tall ????

Rice
    Oats
    Whole milk
    Fruit and veg
    Eggs
    Chicken thighs
    I'm 6'0" and 150 lbs. I probably eat about 2,500 - 3,000 calories on a good day and am very active throughout the day. I read advice about eating like 6 decent sized meals a day, but I barely have time to prepare and eat 2 meals a day as it is. I don't know how anyone does that lol. Chicken thighs seem to be a cheap and good source of protein/calories though.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Probably just need to educate yourself first and not over complicate the cooking process
    A dock in harbor is safe, and thats what docks are built for.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dtbm View Post
    I'm 6'0" and 150 lbs. I probably eat about 2,500 - 3,000 calories on a good day and am very active throughout the day. I read advice about eating like 6 decent sized meals a day, but I barely have time to prepare and eat 2 meals a day as it is. I don't know how anyone does that lol. Chicken thighs seem to be a cheap and good source of protein/calories though.
    You don't need 5000 kcal and you don't need 6 meals.

Please read the stickies.

Registered User themonstertruck's Avatar
    themonstertruck will become famous soon enough. (+50) themonstertruck will become famous soon enough. (+50) themonstertruck will become famous soon enough. (+50) themonstertruck will become famous soon enough. (+50) themonstertruck will become famous soon enough. (+50) themonstertruck will become famous soon enough. (+50) themonstertruck will become famous soon enough. (+50) themonstertruck will become famous soon enough. (+50) themonstertruck will become famous soon enough. (+50) themonstertruck will become famous soon enough. (+50) themonstertruck will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Despite how many calories you need ( try to figure it out from the stickies) i think you can manage a decent bulking diet with the mentioned budget and time.

First, I would prepare my meals during the weekend for the entire week and then just microwave them one at a time.
    second, when you go shopping try to find things with high nutrition value and low cost, such as chickpea and eggs.
    Third, If you don`t have access to a gym, then just do as many body weight exercises as you can at home or at work during the break if you have a private office there`re many many many of them in the internet.

ryancormier81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryancormier81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryancormier81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ryancormier81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I started at 6foot3 198 pounds 80% calories and 20% protein started at 3,000 a day and went up to 4,000 PER day each week I left weight 5 days a week went as high as 10,000 calories per day. Vitamin and 600 mg a week of test for 4 months and I limited my cardio to 50 minutes a week.

rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by ryancormier81 View Post
    I started at 6foot3 198 pounds 80% calories and 20% protein started at 3,000 a day and went up to 4,000 PER day each week I left weight 5 days a week went as high as 10,000 calories per day. Vitamin and 600 mg a week of test for 4 months and I limited my cardio to 50 minutes a week.
    weird flex but ok
    Donald Trump Jr. and Tucker Carlson 2024