senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lagging lower/mid lats?

Hello,

I've been doing a 5 day push/pull/legs/upper/legs split for the last couple months and noticed some major strength and size improvements (granted I wouldn't yet describe myself as an intermediate lifter). I typically do pull ups (wide grip, shoulder-width grip and neutral grip chins), one-arm dumbbell rows and shrugs as my major pull lifts. I'm wondering if my lower and/or mid lats are lagging, or if I'm just nitpicking? The "hourglass" between my waist and upper lats is pretty demoralizing. Is this something a cut in a few months will fix, or are there any particular exercises I should be mixing in?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images

senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) senators65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Further to that, if there are any other glaring weaknesses with my plan and/or back physique, I'd welcome some constructive criticism and recommendations.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You didn't give any info on your PPLUL so there's not much to comment on, other than your lower/mid lats being be similar in development to your overall physique.

Registered User readreindeer666's Avatar
    readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Heavy squats bro!

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    You didn't give any info on your PPLUL so there's not much to comment on, other than your lower/mid lats being be similar in development to your overall physique.
    Ah right, I can't link it here but I'll copy + paste from my older post:
    Monday - Chest/shoulders
    - Decline bench
    - Incline bench
    - Dumbbell press
    - Heavy bag work
    Tuesday - Legs
    - Low bar squat
    - Lunges
    - Calf raises
    - Running
    Wednesday - Back
    - Pullups
    - Dumbbell row
    - Shrugs
    - Curls
    Thursday - REST
    Friday - Legs
    - High bar squat
    - Stiff leg deadlift
    - Sprints/running
    Saturday - Upper body
    - Flat bench
    - Dumbbell row
    - Close grip chin-ups
    - Dumbbell press
    - Heavy bag work
    Sunday - REST

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nothing is lagging buddy.

You just don't have enough mass in general YET to have big wings.

You just need to serve more with the iron and the size will come..

Keep going mate! Great base, great start!
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post

Appreciate the feedback bud, thanks!

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post

Once again, this guy ^ is spot on

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Doesn't look like an even flex if anything.