SuddenWheel223 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy low appetite + high maintenance kills it all

Hello, I am stuck at 143 lbs for a year and I need to change something, but i am not sure what, because there are two main things that have been destroying my gain process. First - low appetite and second - if I eat normal(without pushing too much) for 1 - 2 days, everything is lost.

1) I have never had problem with going to gym or eating what I should, but the low appetite has always been a problem. You will think that I just don't push myself, but the truth is that almost every meal I take is not because I am hungry, but because i have to eat. Most of the times at the end i am about to puke. I have tried some calorie rich foods like Peanut butter but it takes so much efforts to eat just a little as it is not delicious. Pushing myself that much for every meal causes the second problem.

2) I have tried 1 week to be on ~ 3k calories every day. I gained around 2 pounds but after that 2 - 3 days with normal eating - around 2.5k calories and i had lost them. Since i am pushing for every meal, every next day it takes even more efforts to hit that calorie target as every day is a big fight.

What bothers me: Even if I somehow manage to get some pounds, I don't think i will be able to keep them for 1 or 2 or 3 years. Is there any chance that once i build some more muscles, i will lose not that easy pounds. I don't think I will be able to keep 3k calories daily until late years.

I have been trying for a year and a half, gained 11 pounds, but I start thinking that everything above my current weight is impossible for me right now. Any advice is welcome.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SuddenWheel223 View Post
    Hello, I am stuck at 143 lbs for a year
    I have been trying for a year and a half, gained 11 pounds, .
    So, have you gained weight or not?

You say you weigh 143 pounds. How old are you? How tall are you?

Registered User readreindeer666's Avatar
    readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You gotta eat more if you're stuck bro!

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    So, have you gained weight or not?

You say you weigh 143 pounds. How old are you? How tall are you?
    I am 22 and 5'11''. First 6 months I gained 11 pounds, but last year i am stuck at 143 lbs.

Originally Posted by readreindeer666 View Post
    You gotta eat more if you're stuck bro!
    What do you think about the thing that bothers me?

SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50) SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50) SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50) SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50) SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50) SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50) SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50) SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50) SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50) SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50) SL1N will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You gotta find the right food. Go to the store and choose what you like and just much endlessly until u cant no more

Originally Posted by SL1N View Post
    You gotta find the right food. Go to the store and choose what you like and just much endlessly until u cant no more
    I think this is the only way to do, aswell. Do you think that once i get some pounds(10 more for example combined with going to gym), i won't need to eat that much every day just to keep them?

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think this is the only way to do, aswell. Do you think that once i get some pounds(10 more for example combined with going to gym), i won't need to eat that much every day just to keep them?
    As you gain weight (muscle) you need more calories to maintain it. TDEE will go up.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    As you gain weight (muscle) you need more calories to maintain it. TDEE will go up.
    Maan, this will be impossible to maintain for me then.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Maan, this will be impossible to maintain for me then.
    Only slightly more. Find calorie dense foods that you like eating - that's the key. You don't have to be stuffing yourself with (all) low calorie dense bulky stuff like vegetables and chicken breast. Eat more fatty stuff and liquid foods.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Only slightly more. Find calorie dense foods that you like eating - that's the key. You don't have to be stuffing yourself with (all) low calorie dense bulky stuff like vegetables and chicken breast. Eat more fatty stuff and liquid foods.
    Thank you. I will definitely try to take calories eating what I find delicious. I will give it one last try.

Filipswag is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello, I am stuck at 143 lbs for a year and I need to change something, but i am not sure what, because there are two main things that have been destroying my gain process. First - low appetite and second - if I eat normal(without pushing too much) for 1 - 2 days, everything is lost.

1) I have never had problem with going to gym or eating what I should, but the low appetite has always been a problem. You will think that I just don't push myself, but the truth is that almost every meal I take is not because I am hungry, but because i have to eat. Most of the times at the end i am about to puke. I have tried some calorie rich foods like Peanut butter but it takes so much efforts to eat just a little as it is not delicious. Pushing myself that much for every meal causes the second problem.

2) I have tried 1 week to be on ~ 3k calories every day. I gained around 2 pounds but after that 2 - 3 days with normal eating - around 2.5k calories and i had lost them. Since i am pushing for every meal, every next day it takes even more efforts to hit that calorie target as every day is a big fight.

What bothers me: Even if I somehow manage to get some pounds, I don't think i will be able to keep them for 1 or 2 or 3 years. Is there any chance that once i build some more muscles, i will lose not that easy pounds. I don't think I will be able to keep 3k calories daily until late years.

I have been trying for a year and a half, gained 11 pounds, but I start thinking that everything above my current weight is impossible for me right now. Any advice is welcome.
    just push yourself to eat huge amounts of food
    soon enough, after your stomach has stretched 10-fold, you'll be asking us on how to lose weight after getting obese DD

MMA4eva is a complete loser! (-2000) MMA4eva is a complete loser! (-2000) MMA4eva is a complete loser! (-2000) MMA4eva is a complete loser! (-2000) MMA4eva is a complete loser! (-2000) MMA4eva is a complete loser! (-2000) MMA4eva is a complete loser! (-2000) MMA4eva is a complete loser! (-2000) MMA4eva is a complete loser! (-2000) MMA4eva is a complete loser! (-2000) MMA4eva is a complete loser! (-2000)
    start drinking milk