esimsoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Staying in shape/workout program while injured

Hi all,

I've experienced recurring wrist pain in the ulnar side for few years and after doing some serious research and self diagnosis, it is most likely a TFCC injury. Most likely won't require a surgery, but just requires rest. In the past, I would just rest few days until the pain went away and get back to my lifting regimen, few months later pain comes back and this cycle has been repeating for years, so this time I plan on taking a full break to let it heal fully. However, I would like to make sure I am staying fit and not losing any muscles I have gained.

I plan on continuing to workout my legs/cardio/abs. What are other exercise that I can continue to do to stay in shape without using my wrist? For those who have dealt with injuries that took you out of gym for several weeks, how do you keep in shape? Any insight would be really appreciated!

Registered User MrBossManBiceps's Avatar
    MrBossManBiceps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by esimsoc View Post
    Hi all,

I've experienced recurring wrist pain in the ulnar side for few years and after doing some serious research and self diagnosis, it is most likely a TFCC injury. Most likely won't require a surgery, but just requires rest. In the past, I would just rest few days until the pain went away and get back to my lifting regimen, few months later pain comes back and this cycle has been repeating for years, so this time I plan on taking a full break to let it heal fully. However, I would like to make sure I am staying fit and not losing any muscles I have gained.

I plan on continuing to workout my legs/cardio/abs. What are other exercise that I can continue to do to stay in shape without using my wrist? For those who have dealt with injuries that took you out of gym for several weeks, how do you keep in shape? Any insight would be really appreciated!
    Overtraining or even not letting ur wrist heal will make it into a chronic problem. The pain u feel near ur carpals either indicates u have weak forearm muscles or ur not doing your lifting with proper form and i doubt its TFCC coz nearly most beginner lifters have this problem. After like resting atleast a month or two with no intense lifts, start doing wrist curls, radial and ulnar curls, strengthen ur forearms and keep ur wrist in neutral position before curling, idk how u injured ur wrist but i will assume u injured it by curls.

safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I used to get wrist pain when I first started. It eventually went away when my forearms got stronger. Also make sure you're keeping wrists straight and not letting them bend when lifting. As for now, just let your wrist heal

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have you considered seeing a professional for a proper diagnosis and treatment plan to fix it? That would be a better start. Then you can do literally any exercise that doesn't involve your wrist( or aggravates it) and said professional can give you exercises to treat it.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535