neondevil is just really nice. (+1000) neondevil is just really nice. (+1000) neondevil is just really nice. (+1000) neondevil is just really nice. (+1000) neondevil is just really nice. (+1000) neondevil is just really nice. (+1000) neondevil is just really nice. (+1000) neondevil is just really nice. (+1000) neondevil is just really nice. (+1000) neondevil is just really nice. (+1000) neondevil is just really nice. (+1000)

Best Way to Work the Tear Drop, Inner Quad and Inner Calf

Long story short, I've had problems with my tear drop being far too weak in the past and now from doing Muay Thai it seems the outside of my quad and calf are far FAR stronger than the inside, pulling my foot out and causing knee pain. This is only on my left leg, my right is fine.

I need to strengthen these areas, does anyone have any suggestions?

The first thing I thought to add is the good girl machine and standing calf raises with feet tilted inward. I can then focus on doing trap bar deadlifts making sure I get a good lock out on the top.

Thoughts?

notbadnotbrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) notbadnotbrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) notbadnotbrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) notbadnotbrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) notbadnotbrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) notbadnotbrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) notbadnotbrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) notbadnotbrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) notbadnotbrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) notbadnotbrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) notbadnotbrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Shut it nerd

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by neondevil View Post
    Long story short, I've had problems with my tear drop being far too weak in the past and now from doing Muay Thai it seems the outside of my quad and calf are far FAR stronger than the inside, pulling my foot out and causing knee pain. This is only on my left leg, my right is fine.

I need to strengthen these areas, does anyone have any suggestions?

The first thing I thought to add is the good girl machine and standing calf raises with feet tilted inward. I can then focus on doing trap bar deadlifts making sure I get a good lock out on the top.

Thoughts?
    The good girl machine won’t do chit for your VMO. Unless by inner quad you mean your adductors, then have it. They are good as part of a warm up or cool down.

Trap bar dead’s from a deficit will MURDER your quads but to specifically target the VMO either do some close stance leg press or hack squats with a lot of forward knee travel. Or if you prefer squatting, heel elevated goblet or front squats should do nicely.

smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Leg extensions with your toes pointed out heavily. You'll feel that in your inner very well.

It's hard to isolate one part of your calf but doing all your calf raises with toes out will be the best thing you could do.
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card

neondevil is just really nice. (+1000) neondevil is just really nice. (+1000) neondevil is just really nice. (+1000) neondevil is just really nice. (+1000) neondevil is just really nice. (+1000) neondevil is just really nice. (+1000) neondevil is just really nice. (+1000) neondevil is just really nice. (+1000) neondevil is just really nice. (+1000) neondevil is just really nice. (+1000) neondevil is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by notbadnotbrad View Post
    Shut it nerd
    Fite me IRL after school!

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    The good girl machine won’t do chit for your VMO. Unless by inner quad you mean your adductors, then have it. They are good as part of a warm up or cool down.

Trap bar dead’s from a deficit will MURDER your quads but to specifically target the VMO either do some close stance leg press or hack squats with a lot of forward knee travel. Or if you prefer squatting, heel elevated goblet or front squats should do nicely.
    I need both the VMO (I'm assuming that's the proper term for teardrop) and the abductor. If you looked at my quad basically the whole outter side is bigger by half than the inner. I do like front squats a lot so a wedge in my heels would make that work?

Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    Leg extensions with your toes pointed out heavily. You'll feel that in your inner very well.

It's hard to isolate one part of your calf but doing all your calf raises with toes out will be the best thing you could do.
    Wait you mean in for calf raises? When I do it out I feel it only on the overdeveloped muscle.
    Last edited by neondevil; 01-20-2021 at 10:38 AM.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hack squats done with toes pointed outward and feet lower on the platform.
    This will cause the knees to go forward a bit when your towards the bottom and stress that medialus area.
    Most of the drive should be from the balls(front part)of the feet.

Front squats,stay upright,heels on a 2x4,and again legs angled out in a "frog stance"deep as possible without a loss of your form.
    Doing 3/4 reps where you don't lock out at the top would keep a constant tension on the quads and the area around the knee.

And as mentioned the leg extension done toes angled out and contracted hard at the top.

Sissy squats are a great one and are basically a leg extension done with bodyweight or a weight plate held to the chest.
    Keep the upper body angled back the same as your legs and focus on driving with only the quads.
    Your free hand if your holding a weight is holding a bench or rack for balance .
    Foot position is the same as the above movements.

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Hack squats done with toes pointed outward and feet lower on the platform.
    This will cause the knees to go forward a bit when your towards the bottom and stress that medialus area.
    Most of the drive should be from the balls(front part)of the feet.

Front squats,stay upright,heels on a 2x4,and again legs angled out in a "frog stance"deep as possible without a loss of your form.
    Doing 3/4 reps where you don't lock out at the top would keep a constant tension on the quads and the area around the knee.

And as mentioned the leg extension done toes angled out and contracted hard at the top.

Sissy squats are a great one and are basically a leg extension done with bodyweight or a weight plate held to the chest.
    Keep the upper body angled back the same as your legs and focus on driving with only the quads.
    Your free hand if your holding a weight is holding a bench or rack for balance .
    Foot position is the same as the above movements.
    That makes sense. Thanks for adding that extra knowledge

So with everyone's input I would be looking at a routine for post sport training and post lifting kind of like this:

Trap Bar to Start no special anything
    Squat motion so a Front Squat, Hack with the Frog stance, I've also seen good things about doing a sumo squat with a kettlebell/dumbbell
    Good girl machine focusing on tension and high rep
    Leg Extension focusing on foot position (outwards) and I can switch this with a top hold as well
    Toe in calf raises both seated and standing

How does that sound to you guys?

Probably a high rep/low weight type of situation since I do the kicking for high reps as well. I'm not sure how many sets I'd wind up doing but I'll base that more on the type of training I did that day and how beat up my legs are.