Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000)

What should be my daily protein intake in this scenario?

Hello! So I am finally starting AllPro's beginner routine tomorrow and along with my lifting journey I am obviously now also fixing everything in regards to diet. I will be aiming to lose 2 lbs per week in the beginning which is of course on the upper end, but given I am 5'10 and 191 lbs with no muscle mass (so overweight), since I have no previous lifting experience, as well as body fat of which I would assume to be in the mid to high 20's I would say it's quite reasonable.

The program that I mentioned is 3 days a week which when giving on TDEE calculator and writing in all my macros and choosing activity level moderate (3-5 days) ended up putting my maintenance calories at 2.9k and my cutting calories at 2,4k. However, given that 500 calories amounts to 1 lbs per week I will have to double that and cut down my calorie intake to 1.9k. Therefore I was wondering, if I choose to go with 1.9k calories, what exactly am I supposed to adjust my protein intake to? Because I am guessing that along with changing calorie intake it would also have an effect on protein intake, or no?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Streetjudas View Post
    Hello! So I am finally starting AllPro's beginner routine tomorrow and along with my lifting journey I am obviously now also fixing everything in regards to diet. I will be aiming to lose 2 lbs per week in the beginning which is of course on the upper end, but given I am 5'10 and 191 lbs with no muscle mass (so overweight), since I have no previous lifting experience, as well as body fat of which I would assume to be in the mid to high 20's I would say it's quite reasonable.

The program that I mentioned is 3 days a week which when giving on TDEE calculator and writing in all my macros and choosing activity level moderate (3-5 days) ended up putting my maintenance calories at 2.9k and my cutting calories at 2,4k. However, given that 500 calories amounts to 1 lbs per week I will have to double that and cut down my calorie intake to 1.9k. Therefore I was wondering, if I choose to go with 1.9k calories, what exactly am I supposed to adjust my protein intake to? Because I am guessing that along with changing calorie intake it would also have an effect on protein intake, or no?
    I'd set protein to .8-1g/lb of your TARGET bodyweight.

So, if you wanna be 165lb, something like 135-165 would be totally fine.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I'd set protein to .8-1g/lb of your TARGET bodyweight.

So, if you wanna be 165lb, something like 135-165 would be totally fine.
    Ohh so you are supposed to set it to your target bodyweight? And yeah you pretty much hit right on in terms of my goal. I would ideally hope to reach 165-155.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ohh so you are supposed to set it to your target bodyweight? And yeah you pretty much hit right on in terms of my goal. I would ideally hope to reach 165-155.
    If you are overfat, then yes.

Protein needs are largely dependent on MUSCLE tissue, not your total mass (muscle/lean + fat).

Bodyfat doesn't necessitate added protein.

For you, anywhere from 130-165 would be totally fine.

More is OK, but it's won't likely have any benefit for muscle building... though it might keep you feeling fuller.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Protein needs are largely dependent on MUSCLE tissue, not your total mass (muscle/lean + fat).

More is OK, but it's won't likely have any benefit for muscle building... though it might keep you feeling fuller.
    Awesome and last few questions if you don't mind :P. First of all, in order to be able to hit the goal of 2 lbs per week, considering you know my macros and all, on the off days when I am not lifting what am I supposed to adjust my actual calorie intake to? Am I still supposed to eat at 1.9k during the off days? And am I supposed to maintain the same protein intake even on the days when I am not working out?

Secondly I am kind of curious what you think of my approach. Given my current stats and the fact that I am not skinny fat but rather straight up overweight, do you think 2 lbs per week is an acceptable approach to go for? On top of that, do you think that losing 2 lbs per week will have a big interference on the muscle that I will be gaining starting out now?

Sorry accidently double sent the same lol

Awesome and last few questions if you don't mind :P. First of all, in order to be able to hit the goal of 2 lbs per week, considering you know my macros and all, on the off days when I am not lifting what am I supposed to adjust my actual calorie intake to? Am I still supposed to eat at 1.9k during the off days? And am I supposed to maintain the same protein intake even on the days when I am not working out?

Secondly I am kind of curious what you think of my approach. Given my current stats and the fact that I am not skinny fat but rather straight up overweight, do you think 2 lbs per week is an acceptable approach to go for? On top of that, do you think that losing 2 lbs per week will have a big interference on the muscle that I will be gaining starting out now?
    1. There is no need to adjust calories on 'off' days from lifting unless you're otherwise not filling that time with something somewhat active. Of course, you CAN change them, but it's the average over time that makes a difference. My recommendation is usually to just replace the weight training on 'off' days with a walk... it'll burn even more calories, and you'll probably feel much better too.

2. Protein should stay the same on all days, or similar.

3. Losing 2lb a week is going to be too fast, IMO. You should NOT be targeting losing more than 1% of your bodyweight per week, which for right now is 1.9lb. For most people, they have better adherence (because they're eating more food) losing between 1 and 1.5lb per week, or closer to .5-.75% of their bodyweight per week.

Bottom-line, don't try to RUSH into losing weight if you're new to it, etc. It's better to assess how you feel doing the least aggressive starting point, then reassess and adjust once you get a feel for it.

1. There is no need to adjust calories on 'off' days from lifting unless you're otherwise not filling that time with something somewhat active. Of course, you CAN change them, but it's the average over time that makes a difference. My recommendation is usually to just replace the weight training on 'off' days with a walk... it'll burn even more calories, and you'll probably feel much better too.

2. Protein should stay the same on all days, or similar.

3. Losing 2lb a week is going to be too fast, IMO. You should NOT be targeting losing more than 1% of your bodyweight per week, which for right now is 1.9lb. For most people, they have better adherence (because they're eating more food) losing between 1 and 1.5lb per week, or closer to .5-.75% of their bodyweight per week.

Bottom-line, don't try to RUSH into losing weight if you're new to it, etc. It's better to assess how you feel doing the least aggressive starting point, then reassess and adjust once you get a feel for it.
    Thanks! Again I appreciate your response. What I meant though was, it wouldn't surprise me if it would affect my adherence. I was more so wondering if losing 2lb a week is actually going to have any effect on actual muscle gain, or if it's more so so that the effect of it is gonna cause you to be really drained and maybe weaker due to not eating as much. Fatigued etc.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was more so wondering if losing 2lb a week is actually going to have any effect on actual muscle gain, or if it's more so so that the effect of it is gonna cause you to be really drained and maybe weaker due to not eating as much. Fatigued etc.
    Both.

andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Need vitamins, and minerals to utilize all that protein.

And with covid going on still need proteins, vitamins and minerals to keep the immune system fighting fit.

Veggies need to be a main part of the meal.
    Cycling, walking, swimming.
    No car.