scumpxharry is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Improving forearm and wrist strength

I am struggling somewhat to keep my wrists locked while benching. I was using wrist wraps which helped me with completing heavier sets, but now when I take off the wraps my chest is stronger but my wrists and forearms are not. To improve stability, I am searching for some exercises to isolate the wrists/forearms.

Here is what I have so far from a guy who works at my gym:

-Barbell wrist curls with barbell behind back
    -farmer walks (have already been doing these)
    -load weight onto bar while it is racked (about height you would use for shoulder press) and turn it with your wrists for 30 sec-1 min

Does anyone have other suggestions?

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    part of that could be how you grip the bar, also just your overall tightness and stability when benching (keeping upper back, lats, shoulders tight). Biceps also provide some stability. So it may not necessarily be a wrist/forearm issue. could also be your overall form or maybe you are using too much weight or going to complete failure.
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by scumpxharry View Post
    I am struggling somewhat to keep my wrists locked while benching. I was using wrist wraps which helped me with completing heavier sets, but now when I take off the wraps my chest is stronger but my wrists and forearms are not. To improve stability, I am searching for some exercises to isolate the wrists/forearms.

Here is what I have so far from a guy who works at my gym:

-Barbell wrist curls with barbell behind back
    -farmer walks (have already been doing these)
    -load weight onto bar while it is racked (about height you would use for shoulder press) and turn it with your wrists for 30 sec-1 min

Does anyone have other suggestions?
    Deadhangs to real and true physical failure where you slip off by the very tips of your fingers and the Farmers' Walk done this way: https://www.t-nation.com/training/ti...rength-builder