Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Real estate brahs, how do i rent work space?

Due to the bad weather, i need to make my concrete weight indoors. I don't have space in my house.
    All i need is a closed enclosure with running cold water. Even a big shed would work.

Do i just call random real estate agents and ask if they have anything available?
    Never done this before.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by backinthegymbro View Post
    Due to the bad weather, i need to make my concrete weight indoors. I don't have space in my house.
    All i need is a closed enclosure with running cold water. Even a big shed would work.

Do i just call random real estate agents and ask if they have anything available?
    Never done this before.
    Saw your other thread. I have experience in both manufacturing and leasing commercial space.

It depends where you are located. Are there a lot of commercial buildings sitting empty? are you near a lot of agriculture land with shops on the properties?
    *** Canadian Crew ***
    *** One meal a day Crew ***
    ***Mandatory outdoors 1x a week crew***
    ***Neg angry incels on sight crew***

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by areyoucereal View Post
    Saw your other thread. I have experience in both manufacturing and leasing commercial space.

It depends where you are located. Are there a lot of commercial buildings sitting empty? are you near a lot of agriculture land with shops on the properties?
    I'm near the city so no agriculture close near me. I guess i can travel if necessary and just eat/sleep/live in the place i'll rent.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by backinthegymbro View Post
    I'm near the city so no agriculture close near me. I guess i can travel if necessary and just eat/sleep/live in the place i'll rent.
    Is it a hot market where you are or are a lot of stores / warehouses sitting empty? Need to know this before I give you advice on what you can/can't likely do in terms of negotiating with landlords
    *** Canadian Crew ***

Alright I'll just answer anyways, so I can go watch netflix in peace without leaving you hanging.

If you're in a hot market with low vacancy rates it will be hard to find a good deal. You don't deal with normal realtors, you deal with commercial realtors and most of them are scummy as phuck. They are basically the used car salesman of the real estate world. They basically pocket the first months rent of whatever lease you sign, so they aren't always trying to find you a good deal. They will probably want a minimum 3 year lease in a hot market. With that though, you get leasehold improvement money so you can build out your warehouse to your desired specs.

Actually hold up.. I was going to go in depth about this, but I realized this is probably a side gig and you don't want to invest a ton of money into this and be committed to it. Business will drop off a cliff once gyms open up again.

Your best bet is finding a landlord directly who has an empty unit, and seeing if you can make a deal to a lease on a month to month basis. You don't need anything crazy so I would suggest driving out to an agriculture area and asking a couple of farmers if they know who does storage in their area. A lot of farms have massive workshops on them that they rent out sections of to people to work on cars, or whatever side hustle the work on. That would probably be your best bet. I'd stay away from getting locked into a commercial lease. When you sign a commercial lease it's always way more expensive than you think. They tell you its x/month but then you find out there are a ton of different costs and it's not worth it if you don't need to build a custom warehouse etc. All you need is space. Should be easy to find that if you spend a little time looking.

Maybe post an ad on craigslist asking if anyone has space for rent.
    *** Canadian Crew ***