Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    Social media definitely adds to the divide, but I wonder if the bigger factor is actually that Democrats and Republicans actually physically live in different realities. Living in a city today compared to living in a rural or suburban area has never seemed more different. And the way people vote reflects this.
    This is what my friends and I have been discussing lately. I spent a lot of my years in the country and like that style of living for a lot of reasons. The people I grew up with use to be non-political, politics were only brought up in the classroom and no one really had an opinion on it. That's completely changed since only a few years ago. I see people from that vicinity choose a side and definitely voice their opinion now. It's been interesting to see the change. My own family went from apolitical or independent to turning near radical politically, and they barely understand what goes on in politics or the history.

The fact of the matter is, to me, a lot of us are living a completely different lifestyle than inner city dwellers, whom I've befriended over the years. One side likes govt intervention and perhaps authoritarian type rule (corporate career types) and one side prefers no authority. This does not mix well. I honestly don't see where we go from here, but the discussions have led to things like, do we impose different rules for cities and those who aren't in the city? Less freedom in the cities, more regulation, more freedom outside the city, less regulation? Different tax structures and social rules?
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞

7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    No, as corporate continues to let it, we will have no choice.

This is why everyone should stop using it the population usage will dictate this possible future that’s taking over right now.

And if you are smart, you should avoid taking smart phones with you as much as possible, keep them home when you go out.

Bad utilization of social media is simply another example of bad utilization of technology. Banning technology would, overall, simply hold humans back. Instead, we must learn how to use social media in a good way through education. We are still relatively new to this.
    As you go the way of life, you will see a great chasm. Jump. It is not as wide as you think.

LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bad utilization of social media is simply another example of bad utilization of technology. Banning technology would, overall, simply hold humans back. Instead, we must learn how to use social media in a good way through education. We are still relatively new to this.
    I never said "ban" it. But really there is little hope in what you are saying, most people would rather put their chit out there on SM even if they know it's being used the way it is, then they bitch when people like Mark Z is under fire.

The only hope is that kids don't do the same chit as their parents, but the offspring continue to be more overeducated and will fuk something up from that alone, look at the sins of playing with the General Lee car, and now they are even fuking up the one thing that identified real so called white sepremist chatter, good job!

7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by _zman View Post
    I honestly don't see where we go from here, but the discussions have led to things like, do we impose different rules for cities and those who aren't in the city? Less freedom in the cities, more regulation, more freedom outside the city, less regulation? Different tax structures and social rules?
    Sorry missed this post.

I think people need to be more focused on local government. You’ll never get exactly what you need at the federal level, even if it’s your guy in charge. We need to let our government decentralize in quite a few areas. It shouldn’t be the job of the federal government to try and cater to everyone at once. There is no reason Democrats in Oregon need to be telling Nebraska they need $15/hr minimum wage, and likewise there is no reason Republicans in Nebraska need to be telling Oregonians that they shouldn't smoke weed.

If people start participating more in their local elections, things will improve for them, and they can tailor solutions to their own problems. Right now, people see the president and congress as their only paths to progress, but that’s just not true. Although the fact that so many people care so much about the outcome of the presidential election is a good sign that the presidency and federal government as a whole has centralized too much power.
    Last edited by 7Seconds; 01-19-2021 at 09:26 PM.
    As you go the way of life, you will see a great chasm. Jump. It is not as wide as you think.

ChazWood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChazWood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChazWood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChazWood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChazWood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChazWood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChazWood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChazWood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChazWood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChazWood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChazWood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I didn’t really mean control in an Orwellian sense of the word as much as how the government impacts our lives through taxes, laws, regulations, etc. I am certainly closer to the anarchist end of the libertarian spectrum but I am not quite there with Norwich. I do think government should provide police, military, courts, infrastructure to a certain point, perhaps some basic healthcare/education. Unfortunately neither major party these days look like they are interested in limiting the government.
    I dig and fully agree. I always appreciate reading your insights which help broaden my own.

Originally Posted by Payton1221 View Post
    So true. By so many metrics, we've never had it easier, yet happiness, overall, is lower and depression is higher than it has been in decades. And that comment was true even before the proliferation of Facebook and the like where everyone puts their best foot forward online leaving so many to think "why can't I have that life/spouse/kids/career/etc.
    Excellent observation. Seems our priorities are often out of sync with what we need to be fulfilled. I've discovered that identifying and separating the perceptions of "what I want" vs "what I need" has helped focus my efforts and goals. Not always easy with so many awesome new and sexy power tools being offered.

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Thanks for all the comments guys.

I’m trying to create my own hope without being preoccupied with all of the low-lifes in Washington. Too much infighting and perpetual vindictiveness with zero regard to us as citizens. Generations go by with no accomplishments.
    w3rd. Too many ppl looking to others for validation, IMHO.

Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    "We focus on our differences. Believing it was important to be left wing or right wing. We’ve forgotten that these two wings belong to the same bird."
    brilliant!

In real life i like all people and politics almost never comes up; so if you like people and are generally friendly then it is easy to "learn to live together."

My neighborhood is mixed(all races) and folks get along well, so much of what we see hear and read are outliers as far as i am concerned.

To me the issue is how we treat concerns of others when brought to our attention.
    Great quote and good insight, Ben. Cheers.

Originally Posted by sumolgi View Post
    Taxation and nanny laws that come with penalties for non compliance.
    Hardly "control", IMHO. Sounds more like rationalization for compromise.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I tend to believe that the radical growing divide and hostilities over political leanings is a bit blown out of proportion as well. The average citizen isn't a blue check mark activists/tv host on twitter or marching and or rioting in major cities. I think the media artificially inflates how many people are engaging in these activities in hopes of furthering their agenda and support for it. Personally, however, I think most people choose to avoid discussing and focusing on politics. I have multiple friends/associates that fall all over the political spectrum and no major conflict has ever arisen. Most people rarely interact with each other in person, face to face like they would/do on Twitter or on CNN/Fox.
    I do not disagree that the divide may be some out of proportion, but there is a divide and I do believe that more so now, people’s lives and careers are being judged on politics. People are losing their jobs and the MSM is preaching reprogramming of all things. Dangerous rhetoric. I do fine in public but since my business is national, politics never enters my conversation.

Real effort to silence opposing political viewpoints is growing at an alarming rate. The Cancel Culture is growing as well. These are not out of proportion. To put a business out of business only because the business may voice support for a party is so wrong yet it is too easy for keyboard warriors to take their criticisms to the extreme even anonymously that damages their targets.

My post is intentionally generic because there are injustices everywhere.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Misc Blood Drive: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175220881