Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Favorite / Most Used Power Tools?

The "Got Power Tools" got me to thinking about my favorite and/or most used tools. What are they for you guys?

For me, I'd say it's a tie between my small drill press and an angle grinder (both purchased very reasonably from Harbor Freight). I find myself working with metal on various projects, and both of these have been very helpful to me. My hack saw is collecting dust and rust these days

I work for a company that fabricates material handling equipment (feeders, conveyors, etc.) so pipe, angle, plate, etc. are always available either free or at cost (which is about 100% higher for carbon steel since a few weeks ago ).

I've thought about adding a cheap stick or wire welded, but I haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. I can get what I need welded in our shop, but it would be nice to be able to do some crude welding at home.
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Payton1221 View Post
    The "Got Power Tools" got me to thinking about my favorite and/or most used tools. What are they for you guys?

For me, I'd say it's a tie between my small drill press and an angle grinder (both purchased very reasonably from Harbor Freight). I find myself working with metal on various projects, and both of these have been very helpful to me. My hack saw is collecting dust and rust these days

I work for a company that fabricates material handling equipment (feeders, conveyors, etc.) so pipe, angle, plate, etc. are always available either free or at cost (which is about 100% higher for carbon steel since a few weeks ago ).

I've thought about adding a cheap stick or wire welded, but I haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. I can get what I need welded in our shop, but it would be nice to be able to do some crude welding at home.
    Well, the other week the dishwasher wasn't doing a decent job, so I found a YouTube video on the particular make and completely disassembled the interior mechanisms. I cleaned it out at each stage of disassembly and then reassembled it. It's unbelievable the amount of junk that was in there. Without my MasterCraft compact cordless screwdriver, the job would have been torturous. The dishwasher now works like it was brand new.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I use this dewalt for everything, its a fantastic tool with so many uses.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Battery drill, then probably 12” compound miter saw, then whatever else depending on project.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post

I have this one as well and the drill that came with it as a kit. I use the drill far more than the driver. I also purchased the jig saw that uses the same battery. The jig saw is handy as well. Probably will get a "sawzall" and a circular saw for the same battery before long. I like dewalt stuff.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I had almost every tool out there at one period of time, sold most, just kept the basics for odd jobs. My favorite tool besides a drill of course that I use to auger holes in the ice would be an oscillating multi tool, I don't use it often but I think that is the cats ass and wish I would of had one 40 years ago.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Although years ago when I did construction related work I used all the power tools and whenever concrete it was Hilti (because someone else was buying!) I resisted buying my own power tools for a long time.

2 experiences changed my mind.
    1 was assembling a bunk bed with an ordinary screwdriver (not even ratchet) so many slats so many screws, I had a huge blister in my palm and decided all those years of refusing to buy a cordless screwdriver was a bad idea.
    2 was cutting out a kitchen sink into a extra thick worktop/counter with a not sharp hand saw. It was awful, but it was Sunday evening and the sink **had** to be fitted (inc waste and plumbing) into the counter before 8am Monday and I couldnt borrow a jigsaw or even get a sharper hand saw. Never again!!!
    I value power tools now!

A good combination drill (drill/hammer drill/chisel)
    A good small cordless driver
    These are the absolute minimum

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have the same one, it saves me a ton of time.

I also end up using a sander a lot - I'll plug holes in drywall, let it dry, sand it smooth, then touch it up with paint. I have two rowdy boys so we get holes in walls on almost a monthly basis.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    ...I'll plug holes in drywall, let it dry, sand it smooth, then touch it up with paint...
    If their age is in double digits? Then THEY should be plugging the holes, let it dry... etc It's a good way for them to learn

steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Metabo KGS 305 M MITRE SAW
    Just getting started and got this rather inexpensive saw that seemed like great value at about 400 USD and think it will see plenty use this year. Got a diablo blade for it from the UK which is now in customs I think..rare to find here and would cost 3x as much locally.

Also looking for a small variable speed angle grinder, mainly for power carving - perhaps a Makita 9564CV but it seems out of stock with most places in europe. Will have to research more..think dewalt has one as well.

Also looking to change out a cheap router for a Trend T11 or something the like cause already have a bunch of accessories and jigs from that brand, so it will be these 3 tools that battle it out for favorite and most use as I dip more into all this stuff.

_zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    [img]http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/291329945455-0-1/s-l1000.jpg[img]
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Corbi again."

I like my impact gun the most so far.

I bought the kit with drill and driver, then bought a hedge trimmer and weed eater that use the same batteries. Black & Decker brand tho, all the same company tho. Only disappointment is the weed eater having a lot less power than gas powered, but the ease of use and maintenance is a lot better.
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    If their age is in double digits? Then THEY should be plugging the holes, let it dry... etc It's a good way for them to learn
    The oldest is, and he does help me. They both actually are really into working with me, I love it.

lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lukepeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Cordless drill - I have a couple, and it makes every project more efficient, pilot drill with one, drive with the other etc.

Drill press next, then table saw, then angle grinder.

I struggled for a long time to understand how men function without decent tools, and many inane conversations later I discovered it was because they create nothing, and maintain nothing... Essentially TV watching emasculated husks of men.

Edit: I find personally that as a project comes up, purchasing the correct tooling for it is good practice - I am building a little CNC router that should be good for light cuts in Ali (around 21000N/mm stiffness at the tool), and I got a mitre saw for cutting Ali extrusion comfortably for the shell - coincided with many wife projects that were made vastly easier by being able to power cut 45 degree mitres in wood also. At the end of the day, if buying a tool saves me significant hours in a project, I will buy it, because my time (which many people tend to disregard when doing hobby projects) is worth the money.
    Last edited by lukepeter; 01-19-2021 at 09:57 PM.