Registered User GoldenEraMuscle's Avatar
    GoldenEraMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Repeating sessions

Is session variation within the week (eg upper a / upper b) really really significantly important for muscle growth and strength gains? I know that it is benefitial now that Im an intermediate lifter, I know Id be giving up some optimality, but if I enjoy the simplicity of repeating the same upper/lower sessions twice in the week, will I still see 70%?, 80%?, 90%? of the gains? Im also aware of and within the general guidelines of 2x per week frequency 10-20 sets per muscle per week 5-30 reps @6-10 rpe. Im also still training each muscle group with 2 different exercises at different angles with different rep ranges within the session so there is some variation

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's really really hard to put numbers on this.

If you really don't like variation then that will probably have more negative impact than doing what you want to do
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    It's really really hard to put numbers on this.

If you really don't like variation then that will probably have more negative impact than doing what you want to do
    Yeah I understand it will be impossible to say 'yeah you'll get 85% of the gains'
    I dont understand what you meant in the second part
    Im not against variation its just I enjoy performing my go-to exercises so much that I dont want to not do them when I train

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GoldenEraMuscle View Post
    Yeah I understand it will be impossible to say 'yeah you'll get 85% of the gains'
    I dont understand what you meant in the second part
    Im not against variation its just I enjoy performing my go-to exercises so much that I dont want to not do them when I train
    What about very close variations of those.
    Example
    High Bar Squat - high bar pin squat.

I'm just saying doing **** you don't like is a bigger detriment than not being optimal.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is session variation within the week (eg upper a / upper b) really really significantly important for muscle growth and strength gains?
    If you're happy with your muscle and strength gains without variation, then it's not important at all.

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    What about very close variations of those.
    Example
    High Bar Squat - high bar pin squat.

I'm just saying doing **** you don't like is a bigger detriment than not being optimal.
    Apart from the fact I squat and press from oly stands, stuff like pins and bands etc just put me off with the added complexity I just like to train pretty old school and basic , maybe its closed minded of me, but Im being honest with what I like

Maybe I could just vary rep range?

Squat & Press for 5's one day, 8's the other day
    Dips & Pullups weighted one day, bodyweight the other day
    etc

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Never changing either

... Variation Or Rep range (includes Intensity)

It Will lead to more over use injuries, quicker burn out (need to deload) boredom and stagnating progress...

I can't do the same lift variation without changing pretty drastically the rep range for more than 5 sessions without stagnation or even worse the lift regressing and me feeling beat the f up..

Im currently on 3 week waves.

EDIT
    Apart from the fact I squat and press from oly stands, stuff like pins and bands etc just put me off with the added complexity I just like to train pretty old school and basic , maybe its closed minded of me, but Im being honest with what I like

Maybe I could just vary rep range?

Squat & Press for 5's one day, 8's the other day
    Dips & Pullups weighted one day, bodyweight the other day
    etc
    Yes!... That would certainly work!

Have a quick Google for "dup" xD
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    If you're happy with your muscle and strength gains without variation, then it's not important at all.
    Its too soon to tell, Ive only just returned to this having been using more variation for the past year

Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    Never changing either

... Variation Or Rep range (includes Intensity)

It Will lead to more over use injuries, quicker burn out (need to deload) boredom and stagnating progress...

I can't do the same lift variation without changing pretty drastically the rep range for more than 5 sessions without stagnation or even worse the lift regressing and me feeling beat the f up..
    Is that not because youre moving a lot more weight and being advanced

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is that not because youre moving a lot more weight and being advanced
    Nope.
    My gf is the same way moving a lot less.

Are are my main lifting circle.

1week either way. 4/5 are the most common. 3 & 6 are a little less common.
    #bondarchuck.

But please see last post. I edited
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.