AbdulazizSab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I need your thoughts/critiques on my new workout program

Hello

So I've been doing the standard bro split for 5 months now and I'm thinking of switching it up to a new one where it allows me hit each muscle twice a week. I plan to start this when I bulk next month. My goal is to add on some muscle mass.

Is it excessive or insufficient?
    Would you change anything at all?

Your advice and critiques would be much appreciated.

P.S. the workout is attached as an image.
    Attached Images

health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Day 1 looks like you got a mix of push and pull. Nothing wrong with that necessarily depending on the rest of the routine, but seeing as you've divided the last couple days up into push pull legs you might find it's more balanced to just do a standard push pull legs if that is something that interests you.

You could do:

push
    pull
    legs
    push
    pull
    legs

So it's a 6 day. And if you preferred the extra rest day, but you don't have to if you don't want to:

push
    pull
    legs
    rest
    push
    pull
    legs

Just a thought for some different perspective.

Play around with some different ideas and see what might interest you. Regarding whether it's too much or not, that's really something you have to determine for yourself. How much is too much is going to vary from person to person.
    Last edited by health4life24; 01-18-2021 at 07:25 AM.
    - Your mindset influences your outcome. It's time to take out phrases like "I can't" or "I don't have time" and replace them with phrases like "I will make the time" and "I will keep working at it until I find a way that works." Success starts with the right mindset and believing in yourself and your dreams.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks like a slightly push-heavy PPLUL, so you could balance it out a little if you wanted.

Hard to say whether it's excessive (for you) since you didn't give any detail other than the exercises themselves - and without knowing what your earlier bro split looked like, how you progressed, and what your lifts are now. Regardless, that's something you have to decide for yourself based on exact details and the progress/gains you make.

Originally Posted by health4life24 View Post
    Day 1 looks like you got a mix of push and pull. Nothing wrong with that necessarily depending on the rest of the routine, but seeing as you've divided the last couple days up into push pull legs you might find it's more balanced to just do a standard push pull legs if that is something that interests you.

You could do:

push
    pull
    legs
    push
    pull
    legs

So it's a 6 day. And if you preferred the extra rest day, but you don't have to if you don't want to:

push
    pull
    legs
    rest
    push
    pull
    legs

Just a thought for some different perspective.

Play around with some different ideas and see what might interest you. Regarding whether it's too much or not, that's really something you have to determine for yourself. How much is too much is going to vary from person to person.
    I really appreciate your feedback.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Looks like a slightly push-heavy PPLUL, so you could balance it out a little if you wanted.

Hard to say whether it's excessive (for you) since you didn't give any detail other than the exercises themselves - and without knowing what your earlier bro split looked like, how you progressed, and what your lifts are now. Regardless, that's something you have to decide for yourself based on exact details and the progress/gains you make.
    I really appreciate your feedback. I plan to do 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
    How would you suggest I balance it out? Any specific exercises to add to my pull days Or maybe take out some exercises from my push days?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AbdulazizSab View Post
    How would you suggest I balance it out? Any specific exercises to add to my pull days Or maybe take out some exercises from my push days?
    On your Upper Day you have horizontal/vertical push/pull compounds and tri/bi isos, but then you add a chest fly and lateral raises without any extra pulls (lateral raises are more push muscle focused than pull IMO).

On Push Day you have 4 big compound lifts and on Pull Day you have 2-3 (depending on what you consider the reverse pulldowns to be).

You could take some push exercises away or add pulls to balance it out. It's not ridiculously imbalanced, just noticeable - not everything has to balanced mathematically so up to you.

You also may not want to do 3 sets of 10-12 reps across the board for all exercises.

health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AbdulazizSab View Post
    Figuring out what rep ranges work best for you is something you have to learn by actually trying different stuff out in the gym.

But for me personally when building muscle I always utilize all rep ranges, as high as 12-15 all the way down to the 1-3 rep range. I personally have found both hypertrophy range sets and lower rep strength sets have there place when you’re trying to build muscle mass.

That’s just me though.
    - Your mindset influences your outcome. It's time to take out phrases like "I can't" or "I don't have time" and replace them with phrases like "I will make the time" and "I will keep working at it until I find a way that works." Success starts with the right mindset and believing in yourself and your dreams.