OverEncumbered is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I'm Morbidly obese and I need your help

Hello everyone.
    I'm very scared about posting here, I hope it's OK.
    I'm male, 24 years old, 178cm / 5.8 and I currently weigh 160KG/ 352 pounds. I've been overweight/obese my whole life, but it's been getting worse and worse. I want to change.

I started Rehabilitation for my Mental disorders on the 1st of December 2020, where I weighed 174 kilograms.
    I'm leaving rehab this Tuesday, 19.01.
    In addition to keeping eating properly at home, I want to work out and build some muscles from home, but I'm completely inexperienced and could really use some advice in terms of specific exercises I could do!

I got 2 dumbbells, both 15 KG/33 Pounds. I got a Yoga mat and 3 Thera bands/Resistance bands (15,20 and 25 Lbs).
    I can also take walks…

Sorry if that all sounded weird or something. I'm just scared about posting here. I would greatly appreciate your help and advice!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Congrats on getting started.

Yes, nutrition is the number one priority for you. You should be losing at least 2lbs a week and if not, it's a simple matter of reducing calories. You can do things like focus on meat, eggs, lots and lots of vegetables. These things fill you up with relatively low calories.

Resistance training is something that is good to get into but actually doesn't make a vast difference at your current weight. People who only have a few lbs to lose are at risk of losing muscle but you aren't.

However, you can certainly do it and develop a habit of doing it and it will be beneficial.

For the no gym situation, just pick a good range of options from this article:

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/no-gym/

dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As Suffolk said. Diet should be your priority right now.

Cut out majority of the carbs you've been eating (sugar and grains). Focus on meats, eggs, leafy greens and some fruits. Throw in a day of intermittent fasting once every week or so after sometime that your body has adjust bit to the changes you will be making (Whenever you want too really) this can create a pretty large calorie deficit, but that's not the only thing its doing.

Id focus on being a bit more active physically, doesn't need to be weight lifting right now. Just get the body moving for first few months. Walking is a good starting point and some interval training (dont need much to do that).
    Current Program: 5-3-1
    e1RMs:
    D: 295 S: 275 B: 250 Press: 115

Burst/Wedge fracture L1 May 3, 2013 - no surgery
    Medial and Lateral Collateral Ligament tears right elbow March 2014
    - All Non-lifting related injuries -

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like you're doing a good job getting your overall health in order, keep it up. I agree with the above advice to just get into the habit of being more active. Walking is a good low impact way to start. YT has lots of videos on cardio and other physical activity you can do with no equipment, your yoga mat and bands.

Given your weight and potential underlying health issues, you may want to check in with your doc as you progress to more intense levels of physical activity.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A few things I recommend to people looking to start getting in shape is a kettle bell or 2 of various weights, usually an 8kg and 16kg, and a suspension trainer. Yoga mats are also a good investment.

OverEncumbered is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for taking the time to reply guys, really appreciate it!
    I'll look into your advice more later, really busy right now.
    But yeah, just wanted to mention that I'll keep eating regularly at home (3 meals a day) and I'll count calories (already started a few days ago)

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    My daughter in law has some kettle bells and resistance bands. She asked me about what exercises she can do with them. So I went to Ebay and searched for "kettle bell exercise poster" and got about 150 results. I took a full screen shot of a poster and sent them to her.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    would keep it simple in your case

start tracking calories and your body weight, start walking and progressively start increasing that, in duration and/or intensity

resistance training probably won't do too much as far as weight loss goes, but it certainly doesn't hurt and getting stronger is never a bad thing but I would prioritize weight loss.

the greg nuckols article with exercises you can do is a good start as far as exercises you can do with minimal equipment
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome job getting serious and taking the right steps.

I highly, highly recommend this 45 day plan. Everything is straight forward and planned out, you just follow along. The author is a former Navy SEAL who has literally trained thousands of men and women to succeed in special operations selection and competitive military/LE/first responder positions.

http://site.stewsmithptclub.com/45dayplan.pdf

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey opie, once you start tracking and seeing results, there is no going back. Seriously!!

Above are advices from all the people who helped me also and all of the advice is legit gold!

- Get MyFitnessPal and start tracking calories (scan barcode on packages, get a weight scale to measure food). Perfection will come with time - you just need to start doing this and you’ll get better with it as you learn over the next couple weeks

Think about your calories like money in your bank account that gets replenished every day. Keep on right on track

- log your weight and look at weekly averages. You can get HappyScale on iPhone and see averages on logbook screen. Your weight will fluctuate up and down everyday. Yep EVERYDAY. Initially it will be down a lot. Then it will bounce. Just look at the average weight and trend. It should be a downward trend over a week or two.
    Weight yourself at the same time every day. Morning after waking and Bathroom is usually what most people including myself do.

- don’t try and overdo the calorie deficit. 2lbs a week initially till you get out of obese category. Then slow down to 1.5lb a week. Then to 1lb a week weightloss.

You can doooo it!
    **^^ gone ^^**

HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First, congratulations on making a very huge decision and starting your journey!

There's already tons of good information here. But I'll repeat the MyFitnessPal suggestion. While I never lost the amount of weight you're going to lose, I did lose about 50 lbs and it wouldn't have been possible without MyFitnessPal. At the very least, it would've been very difficult. Use it religiously, it will make all the difference in the world for you.

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HuginnOrMuninn View Post
    First, congratulations on making a very huge decision and starting your journey!

There's already tons of good information here. But I'll repeat the MyFitnessPal suggestion. While I never lost the amount of weight you're going to lose, I did lose about 50 lbs and it wouldn't have been possible without MyFitnessPal. At the very least, it would've been very difficult. Use it religiously, it will make all the difference in the world for you.
    To add to that logging food seems intimidating. But once you start, it take under 1 minute for each meal. Maybe not even 1 minute once you get good at it.

I used to do it at a OCD level but after 2 years I sometimes skip a meal or whole day and log it all at night (not recommended lol cuz I forget stuff like creamers for coffee etc but I’m not cutttng these days either. During a cut it makes a huge difference for some reason)
    **^^ gone ^^**